Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VB airsuspension

Skootyalan

Skootyalan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
A lot of the discussion on VB air suspension seems to be getting a little dated.

It is a major investment and obviously comes with its own raft of maintenance issues.

What are current owners experience? Who are the recommended installers? Was it worth the investment? Are there any additional benefits or problems you didn't expect?

Alan

A lot of the discussion on VB air suspension seems to be getting a little dated.

It is a major investment and obviously comes with its own raft of maintenance issues.

What are current owners experience? Who are the recommended installers? Was it worth the investment? Are there any additional benefits or problems you didn't expect?

Alan
Alan, the basic mechanicals on the VB Air have not changed much and hence the discussions still remain valid. Minor improvements all the way through, but it in essence it is not a very complex system.

Maintenance:
I have had one for over 5 years now and zero maintenance. After the second year, I did take it into Rosmia for a checkup and just for peace of mind, if I around that area in the next few months, will take it on for a checkup - again, just for peace of mind that everything is alright.

Recommended Installers:
Rosmia - Speak to Ryan at Rosmia. He was on here, but have forgotten his handle/name.

Was it worth the investment:
For me, yes. It gave a more planted ride. Do not think that Air suspension is like floating on air. it is not. You still have a three tonne vehicle to deal with. It is just better handling, ability to get into height restricted parking lots, go over obstacles in rough camp grounds more comfortably and of course the best of them all - the auto level when you park up.

It is worth the investment. Rosmia may be far for you, but I am sure you will have some others near you.

I bought a used van recently with VB Air. I cannot comment on what it would be like to drive without it, and it is crazy expensive.

It was on my "required" list as otherwise I could not fit the van in the garage. I did not care for any of the other features really. But I quite like lowering it when on the motorway, it feels more planted for sure. And the auto level is just so cool it's crazy. Arrive, park, press button, done. Not really used the raising for off road, but it may come in handy for snow in winter.

If I didn't have the issue with my garage I'm not convinced I'd spend that king of money. But I sure am happy I have it :cool: