Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Voice getting fainter

Bobbybus

Bobbybus

Learning how to be a hedonist...
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I used the sat nav today and my female guide got quieter as the journey continued until I could not hear her at all! What has she got against me?
Anybody experienced this before? How did you get her to talk to you again?

Did you adjust the volume control when the satnav voice was active?
When booted up go to Tone, or dare I suggest, read the Manual.
image.jpg

Did you adjust the volume control when the satnav voice was active?
When booted up go to Tone, or dare I suggest, read the Manual.
View attachment 8023
Thanks Welshgas. ERR...I am not sure if I did adjust the volume as she was speaking but she became quieter as the journey continued without me touching anything! I'll go to Tone as suggested and take it from there. (I have a Manual but it is one down-loaded from the net and not stapled together; I dropped it outside and all the pages went all over the drive and got mixed up, hence me relying on the forum. There are a lot of pages! Lazy? Me?
Thanks again.
Rob

Goodness!!

When I'm in the vehicle most are delighted when the female voice goes quieter, or, better still shuts up altogether!!

I would normally agree:
Goodness!!

When I'm in the vehicle most are delighted when the female voice goes quieter, or, better still shuts up altogether!!
There may be occasions when that is true but I was actually interested in what she had to say!

I do not get on well with Victoria. She always sounds a bit of a snooty madam who speaks very condescendingly to you when you ignore one of her directions "ok.... (hint of deep sigh) ..... carry on to the next roundabout and do a U turn if it's possible" ......"and Jennifer, do pay attention"....

I used the sat nav today and my female guide got quieter as the journey continued until I could not hear her at all! What has she got against me?
Anybody experienced this before? How did you get her to talk to you again?
Strange. Sure you didn't leave her on the drive? Try driving back and see if she gets louder :D

Seriously, do you have a multi function steering wheel? I keep accidentally resting my hands on the buttons; if you do this while the sat nav is talking it could alter the volume .....

I have adjusted the volume settings on the sat nav via Tone but have not tested it out yet. I will post again with a result. Thanks for the advice/humour.

I thought this topic was regarding a Derek and Clive sketch?

I doubt of anyone will have a clue what I am going on about :Grin

Last edited by a moderator:
For those too young!

Derek and Clive was a double act of comedic characters created by Dudley Moore (Derek) and Peter Cook (Clive) in the 1970s. The performances were captured on the records Derek and Clive (Live) (1976), Derek and Clive Come Again (1977), and Derek and Clive Ad Nauseam (1978), as well as in a film documentary, Derek and Clive Get the Horn (1979). A greatest hits album containing some previously unreleased material, called Rude & Rare The Best of Derek and Clive, was released in 2011. The characters are foul-mouthed extensions of the earlier characters Pete and Dud.

Courtesy Wikipedia.

The most boring, "UTA's" pair of "comedians" to ever hit the airwaves.

Peter cook was bandied as a comic genius, well.., sorry, not for me ... and Dudley Moore should have remained a concert pianist.

:D, that brings back memories, I think you will find it here. you are getting fanta

Over 18's only

So...I have been on a 180 mile day out today and I am glad to say that the adjustments I made via Tone on the sat nav have done the trick. 'She' was chatty again and told me where to go in her usual 'chirpy' manner. Still not sure why she gradually get fainter in voice the other day. Each time she gave an instruction, she was just a touch quieter than the previous instruction until she went totally dumb.
Thanks Welshgas for the heads-up.

This happened on my Kenwood unit
It all started while listening to my sterio,when she decided to phase in
The music was on loud,so I immediately turned the volume down and in doing so turned her down!
Took me days to realize you have to adjust her sound "during her conversation on the manual volume button :headbang

Glad you're sorted. I like the way she says " Continue on this road for a very long time " , when you have to travel more than 12 miles until the next instruction.