Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcompa

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi everyone. I am a Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles trainer based in Hannover and working currently as trainer for Volkswagen group Spain. I am here to share what I know with all of you and also get some tips and knowledge from experienced campers. Hope we can be useful to each other.

Hi everyone. I am a Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles trainer based in Hannover and working currently as trainer for Volkswagen group Spain. I am here to share what I know with all of you and also get some tips and knowledge from experienced campers. Hope we can be useful to each other.

Herzlich willkommen!

Moin,
Entschuldigung, aber ich bin ein bisschen skeptisch, füttern Sie uns mit ein paar saftigen Infos über die Cali-Dach-Probleme, nämlich dem 1000-Fehlercode.
Gruß.
angeben Mr Westfalia

Saludos, ¿Está Ud. trabajando con algún concesionario VW en Barcelona ciudad?

There is a question that I think many of us would like an answer to: Do you know why VWUK recommends changing the cam belt on the T5.1/T6 2.0 TDI at 4 years or 80,000 miles, while VWAG in Germany recommends the change at 210,000 km with regular inspection, and VW Vehículos Comerciales in Spain recommends the same 210,000 km with regular inspections and maximum 10 years?
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 11.46.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Being hostile towards him off the back of an introduction isn't going to encourage his participation. Give him a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
One post deleted as it was overly and unnecessarily hostile to the op.
I have modified the wording and intention of the other two so to soften the tone as they come across as overly negative.
Several others by various posters delet d by Moderators ?

Last edited:
Good afternoon and a big welcome.

I'm sure you will find lots of answers to your questions here, and I can see that you have also been asked a question already! I'nm sure we are all going to value your input.

Good afternoon,

Well, what a post from Mcompa! An introduction as a VW Commercial Vehicle trainer (I wonder what that actually means) in a California forum offering tips and knwoldge (obvioulsy from the VW Commercial Vehicle line).

Mcompa, have you expected this kind of response? :)

As I appologized to my VW Service Agent, a California is so much more than a car, it is a hobby and the owners love to talk, to change, to experiment, to give out ... about their vehicle which will keep the VW dealers busy. A good example are these posts. We all are keen and interested to talk directly to VW Commercial that we barley can hold back. But I am sure all that happned in good spirit.

Mcompa, I am not sure about your post. Is it that you joined the VW California forum as a privat person just mentioned that you work with VW maybe with the aim to gain more information which might be useful for your work or did you post as a VW Commercial member of staff to get information?

If it is the first option than welcome here. There is a lot of information about the California and a lot of very experienced good people here.
If it is the second option, than also welcome. But I personally would have prefered that you might have got in contact with moderator(s) to start with. It could have been clarified what you be able to add to the forum and what expect to take out of it (because I am sure not everything can be covered by one person). All this through a introduction form a moderator. Maybe that would have clarified the situation and your position.

At the end it is neither here nor there, because the first post was made. So again, welcome. You will experience the hunger for intformation from everybody here (sometimes a wee bit of frustration, never mind about that).

Best of luck.

Happy California,
Eberhard

@mcompa how is this for a challenge?

Is there a successful fix for leaking sliding windows that we have all suffered with since 2003? Many of us have had them changed under warranty but rarely successfully.

@mcompa how is this for a challenge?

Is there a successful fix for leaking sliding windows that we have all suffered with since 2003? Many of us have had them changed under warranty but rarely successfully.
Let us know if you even get a response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back