Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VPN

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anyone here use one of these firms who provide a VPN 'mask' in order that you can access restricted websites such as iPlayer etc while away from the UK ?

If so, what are your experiences of the service, and who best to use ?

I would be using with, iPhone, iPad & MAC.

Thanks

Usually they involve configuring a bespoke DNS server, I have used one for netflix sometime ago, however I found that it could sometime diminish the performance of the internet connection. Also some services still knew I was in the UK.

I used unblock-us but never used it in europe only at home.

Yes for almost everything, but I tend to use the free ones or use plugins for browsers.

@BerndRos When at our house in France we use a company called UK Telecom for Telephone, broadband and they supply a VPN connection it is a bit more expensive then France Orange but i can speak to in English, especially when it comes to technical terms.
I'm sure that something similar exists in Portugal?
John
ps see you at cali factory i hope

@BerndRos When at our house in France we use a company called UK Telecom for Telephone, broadband and they supply a VPN connection it is a bit more expensive then France Orange but i can speak to in English, especially when it comes to technical terms.
I'm sure that something similar exists in Portugal?
John
ps see you at cali factory i hope
Thanks John, I will look into that.

We are on tues groups for the visits, D. Hope to see you.

I've started using TunnelBear, the app is nice, but haven't paid the annual subs yet - there are loads to choose from now.

GIYF.

Does anyone here use one of these firms who provide a VPN 'mask' in order that you can access restricted websites such as iPlayer etc while away from the UK ?I would be using with, iPhone, iPad & MAC.
I use ibVPN in combination with Get iPlayer Automator. The latter lets you download BBC and ITV shows to your computer so you can watch them anytime (even without Internet connection) from iTunes.

I have used OpenVPN so that I could view sky sport on my iPad phone or mac whilst abroad. Can't remember the charges but was fine for occasional use. Just need it to watch if my teams playing. IbVPN looks good.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I've used Tunnel Bear for some years now. It's always worked for me.

I've used Private Internet Access for the last couple of years. I live in Norway and I use it lots to watch TV over the web and its always been ok for me. BBC iplayer has recently stopped working but they usually find a way round.

Buy yourself a wifi router at home with built in vpn support. Almost all Asus routers have that now and you dont have to trust someone else.

TunnelBear, easy to use and does exactly what it's supposed to

We have been using a VPN for a little while now. We now can watch more of our programmes while overseas.
Also when we were travelling in some Arabian countries our WhatsApp communications were blocked the VPN gets around that problem.
The VPN although you can sometimes lose a little speed you can also gain some by the VPN stopping all the Ads loading in Facebook for example.
There are lots of other little benefits too.
We started using this one its super easy to use can be used on multiple devices its cheap and I have a bonus discount if anyone wants to try it https://surfshark.deals/friend/vpDKrC6J
Apparently you can with a bit of surfing around get quite big discounts on airline tickets. I was put onto it by some Vanlife bloggers.

Back