Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW bike rack or tow bar rack on t6

Del Boy

Del Boy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Have just seen new VW t6 with a new stile bike rack , looked very big . Is a tow bar mounted rack more beneficial when trying to access the rear of the van ?

Have just seen new VW t6 with a new stile bike rack , looked very big . Is a tow bar mounted rack more beneficial when trying to access the rear of the van ?
I didnt spec the tow bar prep which in retrospect is a big mistake - if i had specced it i would buy the atera strada - looks very good. But the VW boot door rack (two options available) is a good alternative.

Have had my order in for 4 weeks now , but hopefully I will be able to add tow bar onto the build , and possibly a tail gate spoiler as I am now going to cancel the VW bike rack

Went the same route due to the what I find ugly new rack. However, I do believe it is fit for purpose and from all accounts better than the old one. Due to the efforts of @SusiBus there is now the option of the old rack as well. I am still glad though that I have gone for the removable tow bar and will in all probability get an Atera Strada DL3. Whatever I decide I am glad that I got the tow bar due to the access issues.

The bike rack damages the back door over years. The Uebler P22 s for the tow bar allows to open the back door with no problem

Regular user of the T5 VW rack too and really happy with it. Frequently, with care and assistance, open the boot with bikes on the rack. My last rack was an Atera Strada and I find the VW one a lot easier to use. - use ours weekly at least. The only tricky thing about all racks is getting the bikes to fit close together and I just wonder if the new T6 rack has dealt with this by having the wheel support rails a little further apart. If it has, that would be a definite improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bike rack damages the back door over years. The Uebler P22 s for the tow bar allows to open the back door with no problem

Hi cundf,

I have been searching for a towbar-mounted bike rack, to take 2 electric bikes, which would allow the rear door of my T5 Cali to open. It dsounds as though the Eubler P22S is the answer.

Before I try to obtain one could you please confirm what tow hitch you have (this may be a factor allowing opening of the Cali rear door)? My tow hitch is Westfalia vertical removable.

Back