Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Ocean and All in service plans

Trojax

Trojax

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi All so I have once again been back to my local VW Van dealers with 3 simple questions

1, Does the All in service plan and warranty cover all the items in the Ocean i.e Pop top, fridge, roll out awning and the rest of the camping stuff and I could not get a strait answer even the person at VWFS could not answer the question.
2, Can I take it out now to replace my current service plan with one service left that ends in Jan 2025 and the answer was a flat NO.
3, Are you going to have any discount deals on the All in soon again no answer.

So my question to all you Ocean owners is what have you claimed for and had replaced under the All in Warrenty after the Factory warranty has ended ????

Regards Terry

UPDATE I now have some inside information that there is an All in Service plan offer coming out in sept 20% off you heard it first here

Last edited:
Hi All so I have once again been back to my local VW Van dealers with 3 simple questions

1, Does the All in service plan and warranty cover all the items in the Ocean i.e Pop top, fridge, roll out awning and the rest of the camping stuff and I could not get a strait answer even the person at VWFS could not answer the question.
2, Can I take it out now to replace my current service plan with one service left that ends in Jan 2025 and the answer was a flat NO.

So my question to all you Ocean owners is what have you claimed for and had replaced under the All in Warrenty after the Factory warranty has ended ????

Regards Terry

UPDATE I now have some inside information that there is an All in Service plan offer coming out in sept 20% off you heard it first here
There is normally a Black Friday discount on the all in plans

My experience with the all in service plan is that it isn't worth the paper it's printed on, one major service to go and we will be parting company

My experience with the all in service plan is that it isn't worth the paper it's printed on, one major service to go and we will be parting company
Hi have you made any claims ?? and if so what happened

From a warranty point of view, it seems that every request to VW is met by a negative response and reluctance to take ownership. From a service point of view, I mistakenly thought that I had paid my money and could get the vehicle serviced when it suited me, not so, it seems that you have to wait until VW decide and you can't waiver from that. Took the van in for a minor service which I had to wait nearly two months for, basically an oil change, waited around for two hours in the dealership only to be told that VW didn't agree it needed doing , even offered to pay for the work as the technician was at his bench with the oil and filter in hand but was told that this work would come from a different department/budget and I had to make a booking. Took it to an independent the following week

Got the EGR pipe replaced by VWAssist. Dealer said 2 week wait and £135 to diagnose a detached pipe!
VW look to avoid doing/paying for anything as first action it seems.

Regards Terry

I have had the media unit replaced and the camping control panel replaced.

My fridge was playing up and my dealer said it was £168 per hour for them to diagnose the problem because only when they knew exactly what was wrong would they be able to ask if the warranty would cover the repair. We didn’t bother, they could have clocked up a massive bill only to tell me it wasn’t covered.

Regards Terry

Hope this helps, Ocean 2017 “All in” warranty work to date (18mths in) media unit replaced after touch screen failed top RH corner, two broken front Springs replaced, ABS sensor rear NS being done Monday. This is approx £2500 of warranty work. Warranty cost was no more than £100 of Service plan! Highly recommended! Really can’t understand why anyone thinks this is a rip off?

Hope this helps, Ocean 2017 “All in” warranty work to date (18mths in) media unit replaced after touch screen failed top RH corner, two broken front Springs replaced, ABS sensor rear NS being done Monday. This is approx £2500 of warranty work. Warranty cost was no more than £100 of Service plan! Highly recommended! Really can’t understand why anyone thinks this is a rip off?
I agree and with the reduction coming even better LOL

Regards Terry

Hope this helps, Ocean 201“All in” warranty work to date (18mths in) media unit replaced after touch screen failed top RH corner, two broken front Springs replaced, ABS sensor rear NS being done Monday. This is approx £2500 of warranty work. Warranty cost was no more than £100 of Service plan! Highly recommended! Really can’t understand why anyone thinks this is a rip off?
H
I agree and with the reduction coming even better LOL

Forgot to add all the things I have listed (as covered and completed at no cost under All in warranty) are known faults on middle age Cali’s and described elsewhere on this forum, so beware if you have a 3 to 7 year old Cali and no warranty!

Forgot to add all the things I have listed (as covered and completed at no cost under All in warranty) are known faults on middle age Cali’s and described elsewhere on this forum, so beware if you have a 3 to 7 year old Cali and no warranty!
Let the roulette begin L
Haha

Similar topic, I'm buying a 2020 Ocean from a VW dealer at the moment. It has a 6 month RAC warranty, they are offering to extend in to 2 years inc breakdown cover for about £1k. I declined, thinking the All in One offering sounded better, would that be other people's view?

Our Caravelle came from a main dealer and they gave a 3rd party warranty. Just before expiry they checked the car out and got about £1200 of work done on it. I was impressed !

Similar topic, I'm buying a 2020 Ocean from a VW dealer at the moment. It has a 6 month RAC warranty, they are offering to extend in to 2 years inc breakdown cover for about £1k. I declined, thinking the All in One offering sounded better, would that be other people's view?

Our Caravelle came from a main dealer and they gave a 3rd party warranty. Just before expiry they checked the car out and got about £1200 of work done on it. I was impressed !
The All In package would be better if it qualifies i.e. fully serviced in line with VW.

Hi all its now been reduced, remember if like me you have an existing service plan that is worthless you will need to cancel it before you are allowed to take out the All In one..

So for £34.40 this is what you get with the ALL IN​

What's covered in each service​

• 2 x Services:
  • 1 x Oil and Inspection Service:
    • Vehicle health check
  • 1 x Oil and Inspection Service with Supplementary Scope:
    • Vehicle health check
    • Full vehicle road test
    • Pollen filter change
    • Full vehicle inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, glass, braking system etc.
    • Spark Plugs if required
  • Services include:
    • Air, Pollen and Fuel Filter replacement if required
  • 2 x MOT tests
  • 2 x Annual test of the vehicle’s safety, roadworthiness and exhaust emissions
  • For customers in Northern Ireland, two MOT pre-checks are also included, as well as drop-off and collection to and from the local government MOT test centre
  • Two years’ Roadside Assistance
  • Roadside Assistance in the event of a breakdown, supplied by the AA
  • Cover whilst you are travelling outside the UK within Europe
  • In the event of recovery following a breakdown, where your vehicle cannot be repaired within a reasonable time, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Roadside Assistance may, at our absolute discretion, organise and cover the costs of car hire, hotel accommodation or alternative travel. Subject to eligibility and availability.
  • Up to two years’ Warranty
  • Costs of repairing or replacing the covered components that have suffered a sudden electrical or mechanical failure during the period of cover (excludes no-claim period).
  • Valid in the United Kingdom and for up to sixty days during the period of cover in Continental Europe.
    • If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days before you purchased All-in, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty.

What's excluded​

• Related to servicing
  • Any wear and tear and any non-standard service work
  • Glass/body repairs or any other damage
  • Any parts identified as requiring replacement
    • You can read the terms and conditions relating to Servicing here.
  • Related to your MOT tests
  • Any repairs highlighted by the MOT
    • You can read the terms and conditions relating to MOT tests here.
  • Related to Roadside Assistance
  • Roadside Assistance outside of Europe
    • You can read the terms and conditions relating to Roadside Assistance here.
  • Related to Warranty
  • All bodywork, paintwork, body components, glass, seals, wardrobes, cupboards and curtain rails
  • Certain wear and perishable items
  • Wear and tear, normal deterioration, routine servicing, maintenance or reprogramming
  • Any defects that are likely to have existed before the period of cover or occurred during the no-claim period
  • Faulty repairs, incorrect servicing or failure to have the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations
  • Losses or damage due in any way to any type of accident, misuse or any act or omission which is wilful, unlawful or negligent
  • Claims linked from, or caused by, vehicles being modified in any way from the manufacturer’s specification
  • Any vehicle already covered under any other guarantee, insurance, warranty and/or gesture of goodwill
    • If you fail to have the covered vehicle serviced correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications during the period of cover, or you are unable to produce proof of such servicing if we request it, then this may invalidate your cover or we may not pay all or any part of a claim you make.
    • Please ensure you read the terms and conditions relating to your Warranty cover, which you can find here.
  • Related to your vehicle
  • Vehicles with a service plan already in place
  • Any vehicle which is owned by a business formed for the purpose of selling or servicing motor vehicles or for hire or reward or by a driving school
  • Any vehicles used for competitions of any kind, racing, pacemaking, rallies, off-road use including track day

So for £34.40 this is what you get with the ALL IN​

What's covered in each service​

• 2 x Services:
  • 1 x Oil and Inspection Service:
    • Vehicle health check
  • 1 x Oil and Inspection Service with Supplementary Scope:
    • Vehicle health check
    • Full vehicle road test
    • Pollen filter change
    • Full vehicle inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, glass, braking system etc.
    • Spark Plugs if required
  • Services include:
    • Air, Pollen and Fuel Filter replacement if required
  • 2 x MOT tests
  • 2 x Annual test of the vehicle’s safety, roadworthiness and exhaust emissions
  • For customers in Northern Ireland, two MOT pre-checks are also included, as well as drop-off and collection to and from the local government MOT test centre
  • Two years’ Roadside Assistance
  • Roadside Assistance in the event of a breakdown, supplied by the AA
  • Cover whilst you are travelling outside the UK within Europe
  • In the event of recovery following a breakdown, where your vehicle cannot be repaired within a reasonable time, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Roadside Assistance may, at our absolute discretion, organise and cover the costs of car hire, hotel accommodation or alternative travel. Subject to eligibility and availability.
  • Up to two years’ Warranty
  • Costs of repairing or replacing the covered components that have suffered a sudden electrical or mechanical failure during the period of cover (excludes no-claim period).
  • Valid in the United Kingdom and for up to sixty days during the period of cover in Continental Europe.
    • If your vehicle’s previous Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles UK or Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Financial Services warranty expired over 30 days before you purchased All-in, then you won’t be able to claim in the first 30 days of your All-in Warranty (a “no-claim period”). Effectively, you’ll have 23 months where you can make a claim on your warranty.

What's excluded​

• Related to servicing
  • Any wear and tear and any non-standard service work
  • Glass/body repairs or any other damage
  • Any parts identified as requiring replacement
    • You can read the terms and conditions relating to Servicing here.
  • Related to your MOT tests
  • Any repairs highlighted by the MOT
    • You can read the terms and conditions relating to MOT tests here.
  • Related to Roadside Assistance
  • Roadside Assistance outside of Europe
    • You can read the terms and conditions relating to Roadside Assistance here.
  • Related to Warranty
  • All bodywork, paintwork, body components, glass, seals, wardrobes, cupboards and curtain rails
  • Certain wear and perishable items
  • Wear and tear, normal deterioration, routine servicing, maintenance or reprogramming
  • Any defects that are likely to have existed before the period of cover or occurred during the no-claim period
  • Faulty repairs, incorrect servicing or failure to have the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations
  • Losses or damage due in any way to any type of accident, misuse or any act or omission which is wilful, unlawful or negligent
  • Claims linked from, or caused by, vehicles being modified in any way from the manufacturer’s specification
  • Any vehicle already covered under any other guarantee, insurance, warranty and/or gesture of goodwill
    • If you fail to have the covered vehicle serviced correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications during the period of cover, or you are unable to produce proof of such servicing if we request it, then this may invalidate your cover or we may not pay all or any part of a claim you make.
    • Please ensure you read the terms and conditions relating to your Warranty cover, which you can find here.
  • Related to your vehicle
  • Vehicles with a service plan already in place
  • Any vehicle which is owned by a business formed for the purpose of selling or servicing motor vehicles or for hire or reward or by a driving school
  • Any vehicles used for competitions of any kind, racing, pacemaking, rallies, off-road use including track day
Sounds like a long list of warranty exclusions.

So this "All In" that isn't All In is £412.80 per year, that is an awful lot of Independent Servicing, still if you have a complicated (prone to be unreliable) Ocean it is probably a good idea, for a beach owner I think it is flushing money down the toilet unnecessarily

So this "All In" that isn't All In is £412.80 per year, that is an awful lot of Independent Servicing, still if you have a complicated (prone to be unreliable) Ocean it is probably a good idea, for a beach owner I think it is flushing money down the toilet unnecessarily
Well even a cheap independent doing an oil & filter change has to be £200.00
An Mot even on a cheap deal is £35
AA european cover for a year is £130
That leaves the warranty costing £47.80 for the year

Or view it the other way round £412.80 for a very good warranty & get servicing, MOTs and breakdown cover thrown in for nothing.....

Well all is I can say is that I can now sleep easy at night.....hahahahaha

Back