Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Plans

Is this a good deal? Visited VW Commercials Swindon to book a T6 service. They suggested waiting until April 1 (fools Day?) as from then VW will be offering 2 years extended warranty, two services, 2 MOTs and two years road side assistance for £35/month.

Is this a good deal? Visited VW Commercials Swindon to book a T6 service. They suggested waiting until April 1 (fools Day?) as from then VW will be offering 2 years extended warranty, two services, 2 MOTs and two years road side assistance for £35/month.
Depends how many months you have to pay the £35

If that’s a full Vw whole vehicle warranty it sounds like a bit of a bargain. I think the going rate for just one years extra warranty if not taken out when the van is new is over £1k
So view it as a cheap warranty with free servicing thrown in. If it’s Vw it should be against the van as well so transferable if you were to sell etc & not tied to just one dealer.

So without finance this is what I am quoted.

- Two services (major and minor) £399 + VAT
- Four services (2 major and 2 minor) £799 + VAT

and the two options are...
- 10000 miles or annually
- Long life 2 years or 20000 miles.

I have 2 questions...
- what do the bottom two options mean?
- does this sound like a good deal?

I have 2 questions...

Read Post 15 above. No mention of being dependant on taking out finance.

I imagine they will refer to point 1 which refers to participating van centres only.

Point 1 is about the £1k of accessories. Nothing to do with the service plan - look at the little numbers that tells you which number notes apply - in this case 2 & 3

Service plan covers first two consecutive services limited to x1 oil service and x1 oil and inspection service.
For details of our Roadside Assistance, including applicable exclusions, restrictions and T&Cs, please see our handbook: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/ra_handbook

I have 2 questions...
I found that it was 2 services.
Either one at 1 year followed by second at 2 years.
or
Longlife - one at 20,000mls or 2 years (whichever is the soonest) followed by second at 40,000mls or 4 years (again whichever is soonest.)

I did a 2 year and a 4 year VW Service with oil & filter changes at year 1 & 3 by local Garage.

I found that it was 2 services.
Either one at 1 year followed by second at 2 years.
or
Longlife - one at 20,000mls or 2 years (whichever is the soonest) followed by second at 40,000mls or 4 years (again whichever is soonest.)

I did a 2 year and a 4 year VW Service with oil & filter changes at year 1 & 3 by local Garage.
That makes sense. But my email clearly states two different prices for two or four services...

Point 1 is about the £1k of accessories. Nothing to do with the service plan - look at the little numbers that tells you which number notes apply - in this case 2 & 3

Service plan covers first two consecutive services limited to x1 oil service and x1 oil and inspection service.
For details of our Roadside Assistance, including applicable exclusions, restrictions and T&Cs, please see our handbook: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/ra_handbook
I can email them and see but I suspect they will say they do not offer it...

That makes sense. But my email clearly states two different prices for two or four services...
4 services is twice the 2 service deal.
Longline could then up to 80,000mls or 8 years.

4 services is twice the 2 service deal.
Longline could then up to 80,000mls or 8 years.
Ah ok. I will need to ask them to explain what they mean a bit better...

We have just taken out the 4 service package (2 major, 2 minor and 1 MOT) on the on-life/2-year/20,000 deal for £425 + VAT

We have just taken out the 4 service package (2 major, 2 minor and 1 MOT) on the on-life/2-year/20,000 deal for £425 + VAT
Do you have a finance package? As I think this may make a difference.

No, its still showing on VW offers page without any mention of taking out finance, it just says with a new van.

"Make it cared for with 2 services for £99
At Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles we work with you even after you've driven off in your brand new vehicle. That's why you get 2 services for £99 and 3 years3 roadside assistance across our range. To learn more, speak to your local Van Centre. "

"2.
For details of our Roadside Assistance, including applicable exclusions, restrictions and T&Cs, please see our handbook: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/ra_handbook "
I’ve had confirmed from dealer that this only available with a finance package.
So strange that some are offering it without a finance package.

I’ve had confirmed from dealer that this only available with a finance package.
So strange that some are offering it without a finance package.

They are having you over. The offer is direct from VW not the dealer. It does not say only in conjunction with a finance package anywhere.
When I did mine a couple of weeks ago the only stipulation was that the van had to be less than 90 days old.

They are having you over. The offer is direct from VW not the dealer. It does not say only in conjunction with a finance package anywhere.
When I did mine a couple of weeks ago the only stipulation was that the van had to be less than 90 days old.
Thanks. They are now looking into this for me...

Just to update. I had clarity from VW Finance that the 4 service deal we bought for abut £425 will last for 8 years, 2 minor and 2 major services taken every other year. I think that's a good deal.
Does anyone recommend an annual oil change? If VW have this happening every 2 years that should be fine?

Just to update. I had clarity from VW Finance that the 4 service deal we bought for abut £425 will last for 8 years, 2 minor and 2 major services taken every other year. I think that's a good deal.
Does anyone recommend an annual oil change? If VW have this happening every 2 years that should be fine?
If you stick with the long life service schedule of 2yrs ish then I would personally have an oil and filter change in between.
if you are doing low miles (<10k per year) it is suggested you should really be on an annual service regime. Again up to you.

If you stick with the long life service schedule of 2yrs ish then I would personally have an oil and filter change in between.
if you are doing low miles (<10k per year) it is suggested you should really be on an annual service regime. Again up to you.
If you do low miles you should have an annual service, high miles every 2 years?!

Back