Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW dealer discounts

L

littlemel

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
I am going to purchase brand new california beach with add ons, does any one know what the maximum pre VAT and pre add on discounts a VW dealer will go to,

as I have found out that they don't discount on the VAT and add ons

thanks

If you mean options ... They do discount on them @littlemel. I'm getting a specced up Ocean next week and the discount was calculated on everything.

VAT is then added on after. Good luck!

If you mean options ... They do discount on them @littlemel. I'm getting a specced up Ocean next week and the discount was calculated on everything.

VAT is then added on after. Good luck!
Hi
I have had a one priced up and they offered 7% on the pre VAT price of the cali only and did not include the £4500 options

Hi
I have had a one priced up and they offered 7% on the pre VAT price of the cali only and did not include the £4500 options
Have you tried a few dealers? I used West Yorkshire Van Centre. Mark Wheelright. Nice bloke and very helpful. Others have said that Preston VW is also good.

Have you tried a few dealers? I used West Yorkshire Van Centre. Mark Wheelright. Nice bloke and very helpful. Others have said that Preston VW is also good.
Hi
Only tried one
I will contact them tomorrow
Many thanks for your help

Try about 10 dealers and I'm sure you'll find somebody willing to want a deal.. It's possible to get over 10% discount off the pre VAT price and off all your options then get the £750 deposit contribution with finance and if you've got a VW registered at your home address another £1200 loyalty bonus off aswell.

Guy Vincent is the man at VW Vans Preston.

VAT is a % of the price paid so it doesn't really make any difference as to whether the discount is calculated pre or post VAT. I ordered in November and was offered discount on the base vehicle price and all the factory options. I haven't ordered any dealer fit options but you ought to be able to get a good discount on those as well.

Good luck with your research - I'm sure you'll find a dealer soon where you like the balance of service and discount.

And welcome to the forum.

Try about 10 dealers and I'm sure you'll find somebody willing to want a deal.. It's possible to get over 10% discount off the pre VAT price and off all your options then get the £750 deposit contribution with finance and if you've got a VW registered at your home address another £1200 loyalty bonus off aswell.
The loyalty bonus applies only if one has a vw van and not just a vw car, is this correct?

The loyalty bonus applies only if one has a vw van and not just a vw car, is this correct?
incorrect - it now also applies if you own a VW car; for orders Jan-March. I had the discount applied to my California order just last week. Thanks to those people who made me aware.

incorrect - it now also applies if you own a VW car; for orders Jan-March. I had the discount applied to my California order just last week. Thanks to those people who made me aware.
I also got the VW loyalty bonus for my VW Caravelle on the T6 Beach I ordered last week (thanks to this forum). Guy at Preston just needed to see the V5.
The Preston dealer discount was also good - just over 8% on the Beach and factory fitted options.

I have a VW Passat and I mentioned this to the dealer. He did not make me aware of this benefit. The vw site only indicates that it has to be a van or a van derivative. I will contact him and see what he says. Will let you know of the response.

Thanks for that. I have seen the above and crafted a suitable email to the dealer with copies of various postings from this forum to support my 'claim'.

Just wait now!

I'd fully endorse all 2haw's tips from experience. Try doing your deal on the last working day of the month - some dealers may go the extra mile to squeeze an extra sale in. Worked for me :)

Good news. The dealer has confirmed that I am eligible for the £1200 bonus. Great result. I wonder why I wasn't offered this at the beginning :(

Good news. The dealer has confirmed that I am eligible for the £1200 bonus. Great result. I wonder why I wasn't offered this at the beginning :(

If your existing VW is a car then it may be due to a recent decision to formally cross-transfer the loyalty discount from their private to commercial vehicle businesses. Previously I believe it may have been discrectionary only. There was a post about this recently. I've just had the same good news as you. Happy days :)

I have just had my first test drive in a Cali Beach, really good. Asked for a quote, no PX or finance needed.
It has just arrived via e mail. Hold on to your seats!! 3.5 percent! AAAAARRRRGGGGHH.

You can do better than that. And do you already own a VW?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just mention drive the deal or autoebid. It can have a 'laxative' effect on the amount of discount offered. Good luck.

Just mention drive the deal or autoebid. It can have a 'laxative' effect on the amount of discount offered. Good luck.

Tried that with my local dealer and the sales manager said "they wouldn't entertain it".

I have just had my first test drive in a Cali Beach, really good. Asked for a quote, no PX or finance needed.
It has just arrived via e mail. Hold on to your seats!! 3.5 percent! AAAAARRRRGGGGHH.
But hang on a minute. What is wrong with that discount as an opening offer.
You as a buyer want the maximum discount. The Dealership as the seller want the maximum price.
Now the Negotiation starts.
If every dealer gave a 7% discount, automatically then that just means the vehicle price has been reduced or over hiked whichever way you look at it.
Now you have to negotiate and it is up to the Dealer to make a reduction sufficient to make you want to buy from them rather than some other supplier.

It's all to do with the Psychology of Shopping.
VW make the vehicle for £ X and adds on 10% for its profit. The Recommended Retail Price is then set at £ X + 25%.
The Dealer negotiates a price to you of £ X + 18% giving you a Discount of 7%. You're happy getting a discount , VW are happy and the Dealership is happy with their 8% profit margin.
If the Dealership can get more than 8% profit by offering a lower discount that you accept then even better.

agree with @WelshGas You have to treat a 3.5% discount as a starting point in the negotiation. Now its its up to you to make a case as to why the dealer should offer a higher discount to secure your business. You need to present the evidence based on your research - using drivethedeal.com perhaps as a starting point as mentioned many times on this forum. If one dealer will not respond favourably, then work with another dealer who will negotiate. Ask for their best offer when you think you have negotiated as far as you can. Don't introduce the subject of finance until you have their best offer - that can often confuse things; you want their best OTR price first.