Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Extended Warranty Refund?

Richard Hurst

Richard Hurst

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
When I purchased my California Ocean in July 2018 I had the option to take out the Factory Extended warranty within a certain time frame from purchase which I did. This added an extra 2 years giving me a 5 year warranty overall. Yesterday I sold the van and was wondering if I'm entitled to a refund on this as technically the original 3 year warranty is still in place or does the warranty now just stay with the vehicle?

So the new owner bought your van with one month warranty on it? Or did you sell it to a dealer. I would check the small print when you took out the extended warranty.

When I purchased my California Ocean in July 2018 I had the option to take out the Factory Extended warranty within a certain time frame from purchase which I did. This added an extra 2 years giving me a 5 year warranty overall. Yesterday I sold the van and was wondering if I'm entitled to a refund on this as technically the original 3 year warranty is still in place or does the warranty now just stay with the vehicle?
If you sold it privately, it will stay with the vehicle but I’m sure that the new owner has to notify VW within a few weeks..

Back