Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

• Next Club Meet:
    Slimbridge in Gloucestershire on 17th-19th May (last few pitches remaining) More Details Here

Extended warranty

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
If your service manager said he thought it was only covered for three years, then this is his thought. It sounds to me like he's guessing.
My point is that if he acknowledges that the item was covered in the original first three years of warranty then to comply with the "....exactly the same....." clause in the extended warranty leaflet the item has to be covered in the extended period. If your service manager can't understand this then I would be getting straight on to VWCS (informing your service manager of your intent) and start giving
them a bit of grief. All the best.

californiakid

californiakid

Vehicle
T5 Beach
If your service manager said he thought it was only covered for three years, then this is his thought. It sounds to me like he's guessing.
My point is that if he acknowledges that the item was covered in the original first three years of warranty then to comply with the "....exactly the same....." clause in the extended warranty leaflet the item has to be covered in the extended period. If your service manager can't understand this then I would be getting straight on to VWCS (informing your service manager of your intent) and start giving
them a bit of grief. All the best.
Thanks. Already gone through this procedure and are left with the final answer from VWCS its not covered. Maybe contact VWCS at a later date and repeat same procedure with a different advisor.

californiakid

californiakid

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Thanks. Already gone through this procedure and are left with the final answer from VWCS its not covered. Maybe contact VWCS at a later date and repeat same procedure with a different advisor.
Its becoming more clear each time we all have contact with VWCS that we seem to open a can of worms over a broad spectrum of yes it is no it is not covered. All documentation from VW can be interpreted one way or another. Like most warranties its when you claim you find nothing as it seems.

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Its becoming more clear each time we all have contact with VWCS that we seem to open a can of worms over a broad spectrum of yes it is no it is not covered. All documentation from VW can be interpreted one way or another. Like most warranties its when you claim you find nothing as it seems.
I will keep fighting if the need arises! I would also think about small claims court and see what lawyers/judges think about VW's lack of understanding of their own words, "......exactly the same...." If its not Dieselgate its Warrantygate.............:mad:

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Trading standards may want to have a word with VW

“Exactly the same” is not open to interpretation!

californiakid

californiakid

Vehicle
T5 Beach

Finally after conversations with two VWCS advisors I have had it confirmed that if the Awning is factory fitted and the fault is due to a manufacturing defect then its covered for five years under the extended warranty. Finally got there in the end when I was thinking it wasn't covered. Now booked in for new Awning to be fitted.

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Excellent news. Well done!

Our Partners