Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW factory shutdown week 25

thomasamoht

thomasamoht

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi I’ve got a California on order with a confirmed build week of 24. I was expecting a call soon to hopefully say it’s at port of exit and was getting worried about rumours of a factory shutdown due to a lack of semiconductor chips. The dealer just rang me and confirmed that the factory is shut down from week 25 due to a shortage of these parts. This has effected most auto manufacturers. I just wanted to confirm these rumours and ask for your positive vibes that my California was mostly built by week 25 and it’ll hopefully pop up in the port soon and not be stuck in the factory due to a lack of parts!

Hi I’ve got a California on order with a confirmed build week of 24. I was expecting a call soon to hopefully say it’s at port of exit and was getting worried about rumours of a factory shutdown due to a lack of semiconductor chips. The dealer just rang me and confirmed that the factory is shut down from week 25 due to a shortage of these parts. This has effected most auto manufacturers. I just wanted to confirm these rumours and ask for your positive vibes that my California was mostly built by week 25 and it’ll hopefully pop up in the port soon and not be stuck in the factory due to a lack of parts!
I’ve got a week 23 “still in build” and my dealer also said the factory closed last week 25. Expecting 1 week delay but could be more.

Truth is, the only person who knows the true status of any build is the last technician at the moment - the rest of the system is slow, out of date and based on ‘best endeavours’ it seems.

Sit tight and find some positive vibes in the fact your vehicle has started build - many others still waiting since Autumn 2020 without confirmed builds!

Good luck, SB.

I’ve got a week 23 “still in build” and my dealer also said the factory closed last week 25. Expecting 1 week delay but could be more.

Truth is, the only person who knows the true status of any build is the last technician at the moment - the rest of the system is slow, out of date and based on ‘best endeavours’ it seems.

Sit tight and find some positive vibes in the fact your vehicle has started build - many others still waiting since Autumn 2020 without confirmed builds!

Good luck, SB.
Yeah to be honest I often find the anticipation outweighs the experience. It’s coming! Positive vibes back at you!

Back