Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My Factory Warranty has not been registered with VW .........................

Also think VW are being petty / jobsworth no "goodwill"

the money has been paid where has that gone

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
That's just plain shabby!
Your dealer has the money. They have not registered your warranty within VW rules (which one assumes they knew), liability is with dealer. I'd go after them......

Thanks all. Yes - my contract is with the dealer so it is them I shall have to pursue. I presume they have never paid the money to VW. I also agree that VW is being intransigent. It wouldn't cost them anything to correct their dealer's mistake.

I'm pretty sure that the dealer is going to try to fob me off with an after-market warranty. NO CHANCE. My position will be that if they cannot register the extended warranty on the vehicle I have then they will need to order me a replacement.

Thanks all. Yes - my contract is with the dealer so it is them I shall have to pursue. I presume they have never paid the money to VW. I also agree that VW is being intransigent. It wouldn't cost them anything to correct their dealer's mistake.

I'm pretty sure that the dealer is going to try to fob me off with an after-market warranty. NO CHANCE. My position will be that if they cannot register the extended warranty on the vehicle I have then they will need to order me a replacement.
Dealer is guilty of breach of contract if your extended warranty is not registered with VW. I'd be heading to small claims court....

Dealer is guilty of breach of contract if your extended warranty is not registered with VW. I'd be heading to small claims court....
Might be more than a small claim! As far as I'm concerned I bought a £55K vehicle with a 5 year warranty.

Might be more than a small claim! As far as I'm concerned I bought a £55K vehicle with a 5 year warranty.
It's all relative don't forget.

Im sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope you get it sorted soon ! In my mind it's definitely down to the dealer to sort .
I'm thinking of changing my 2013 Cali for a new one hopefully later this year and I was just wondering how much you paid for your extended warranty

Good luck

In March 2016 it was £394 for extra 2 years taking it to 5 with limit of 80,000 miles

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Agree
Reactions: Loz

I am really sorry to hear about your plight DM. It is quite ridiculous that a dealer/VW interface can make such a mess of what should be straight forward admin task and then simply shrug their shoulders. At times it seems to me that VW appear to have the 'me customer' and 'you seller' relationship the wrong way around and think they are doing us a real favour by selling us a vehicle.

I was concerned in January when I bought my new Ocean and initially had nothing, apart from the sales invoice, to show that I had bought and paid for the extended warranty. After a bit of chasing I was given a copy of an email between the dealer and VW showing the purchase. In the light of this sad tale I think I will check again that my extended warranty is actually on the VW system.

• Agree
In March 2016 it was £394 for extra 2 years taking it to 5 with limit of 80,000 miles

Mike

In February 2016 I was quoted as follows:

The costs for the factory extended warranty are:

24 Months / 80000 miles £329

24 Months / 150000 miles £649
I paid £329 when I accepted my vehicle in mid-March 2016.

Yep same price.
£329 + VAT

I reckon your dealer will sort it with VW

Mike

I bought the same - but now I'm left wondering if I correctly understood what I was buying.

I thought I was buying an additional 24 months, or up to 80,000 miles.

However, reading it again I wonder if it is an additional 24 months, or an additional 80,000 miles.

I bought the same - but now I'm left wondering if I correctly understood what I was buying.

I thought I was buying an additional 24 months, or up to 80,000 miles.

However, reading it again I wonder if it is an additional 24 months, or an additional 80,000 miles.
Both options extend the original factory warranty from 3 years to 5 years. There is no mileage limit on the standard 3 year factory warranty. The extended warranty is available with two maximum mileage options - 80,000 or 150,000 miles. Both are overall maximum mileages. The warranty will expire when you reach the chosen mileage even if the 5 years has not expired.

Both options extend the original factory warranty from 3 years to 5 years. There is no mileage limit on the standard 3 year factory warranty. The extended warranty is available with two maximum mileage options - 80,000 or 150,000 miles. Both are overall maximum mileages. The warranty will expire when you reach the chosen mileage even if the 5 years has not expired.
That is what I originally thought - 80,000 miles is a limit not an extension.

I am really sorry to hear about your plight DM. It is quite ridiculous that a dealer/VW interface can make such a mess of what should be straight forward admin task and then simply shrug their shoulders. At times it seems to me that VW appear to have the 'me customer' and 'you seller' relationship the wrong way around and think they are doing us a real favour by selling us a vehicle.

I was concerned in January when I bought my new Ocean and initially had nothing, apart from the sales invoice, to show that I had bought and paid for the extended warranty. After a bit of chasing I was given a copy of an email between the dealer and VW showing the purchase. In the light of this sad tale I think I will check again that my extended warranty is actually on the VW system.

The saga continues... Having been told, as per earlier posts, that the warranties are only uploaded on a quarterly basis I recently checked, yet again, if mine was registered. Surprise, surprise it wasn't. I rang VWCS who acknowledged there have been some issues with warranty registration and promised to investigate. It turns out that the dealer had typed the VIN number incorrectly (correct digits, but in the wrong sequence) on the form. As a result, there was a warranty in my name but it wasn't for my vehicle :headbang . Fortunately, this admin error has now been sorted. I am glad I checked, I suspect with the passage of time it would have become increasingly difficult to resolve.

So if you want to be sure yours is registered, my advice is to check it out.

I checked both my warranty and my service plan last time I was in my local(not selling) dealer and all was good...

Does anyone know if there is any way of checking that the extended warranty is registered online rather than asking the dealer?

Does anyone know if there is any way of checking that the extended warranty is registered online rather than asking the dealer?

Asking a dealer or VW Customer Services/Care are the only methods to my knowledge.

The dealer has to register yr extended warranty with VWCS and get a reply confirming such. Ask your dealer for copy of reply (an email). Then you have evidence. I did this and have have copies of both the regeristing email and the confirmation. I can sleep easy now.

The dealer has to register yr extended warranty with VWCS and get a reply confirming such. Ask your dealer for copy of reply (an email). Then you have evidence. I did this and have have copies of both the regeristing email and the confirmation. I can sleep easy now.

That was what I thought at first. The typo error on mine meant otherwise and I had a warranty registered for a non existent vehicle. It seems unlikely anyone else would have the same problem, but you never know......

Mine is not showing on the system, so I'm told...not happy...

Mine is not showing on the system, so I'm told...not happy...

Apparently all ok, only shows on one system (ELSA), so the van centre were probably looking at the wrong screen.

Back