Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My Factory Warranty has not been registered with VW .........................

DM
Did you get any joy with this in the end?

Can VW Germany send Dealers and the people at Milton Keynes on detachment to John Lewis to learn about customer service or perhaps get John Lewis to be the UK dealer?

+1 for my warranty not showing on the system. Got another 2years up to 80,000 warranty when bought back in Nov 2016. Went for first service today and decided to ask them to check. Couldn’t find it. My dealer is chasing up. Will have to wait and see what happens next...

+1 for my warranty not showing on the system. Got another 2years up to 80,000 warranty when bought back in Nov 2016. Went for first service today and decided to ask them to check. Couldn’t find it. My dealer is chasing up. Will have to wait and see what happens next...

when my dealer (servicing dealer) not the dealer I bought van from checked he had to log onto 2 systems I holds service info second holds warranty details.

Last edited:
when my dealer (servicing dealer) not the dealer I bought van from checked he had to long onto 2 systems I holds service info second holds warranty details.
Thanks. They said they’d looked at both and couldn’t find it. :(

bit of a worry
Didn't someone on the forum have a problem because their registration had been recorded incorrectly on the database so nobody could find it?

Edit: although I can't find anything like that, so my memory might be playing up.

Didn't someone on the forum have a problem because their registration had been recorded incorrectly on the database so nobody could find it?
e
this where this thread started from and why I checked mine in year 1 rather than wait to year 4,

Edit: although I can't find anything like that, so my memory might be playing up.

That may have been me (see post #68 above)
The resurrection of this thread prompted me to double check this afternoon that my extended warranty was now shown on the system and visible to the dealer. Guess what, it isn't :headbang :rage:rage:punch
I was assured in writing by VWCS in September that it was all sorted out, so naive soul that I am, I did not expect the dealer to say the system still doesn't show an extended warranty. I have called VWCS who are investigating what has gone wrong this time. Why oh why does everything with VW have to be so difficult :headbang:headbang:headbang

Thanks. They said they’d looked at both and couldn’t find it. :(

Knowing that you bought from Guy. He sent me a copy of the email from VW to him that confirmed the warranty extension was registered. Did he send you anything like that?

Knowing that you bought from Guy. He sent me a copy of the email from VW to him that confirmed the warranty extension was registered. Did he send you anything like that?
No he didn’t. Hmmm. :(

Afternoon all,

A further query to all of the issues noted.

I have purchased the extension to 5 years/80k, and the dealer has received the email which was forwarded to me from serviceandparts@vwcv.co.uk
The Subject is "FORM FILLED IN: Commercial Vehicle Extended Warranty Registration"
This lists the vehicle and the fact the "Extension level purchased" is in fact 5 years/80k.

Vehicle 1st reg on 1st September 2017, and the warranty was taken out 9th November 2017.

Due to the experience of DM I thought i'd check and I've emailed VWCS twice, the latest on Friday, who have been trying to confirm whether it is logged on their system, but they cannot. Neither can they put me in touch with anyone at VW who can confirm this.

The VWCS contact has tried the extended warranty department, and the dealer has also made several calls in to various VW departments (it transpires all VWCS do is call the dealer anyway) but they cannot find the registration. This is despite the dealer receiving the registration email as above. VWCS and the dealer at one point were told by the extended warranty department that its only registered when the vehicle base warranty runs out, which is utter rubbish.

I'm left in the position where all I have is confirmation from the dealer, which is not ideal if I need to take it to another for repair outside of the 3 year period.

I realise that it takes 3 months to get it on their system, but can anyone advise as to who to contact within VW? It seems VWCS are not able to direct me, the dealer, or find out for themselves who would process this information.

I've no doubt the registration was made as the dealer had the email, but it's disappeared down a black hole within VW.

EDIT: So receiving an email from VW is not confirmation i'm afraid. I have that email, however they cannot find a warranty record on my vehicle when talking to VW.

Someone must know where this information sits?

Chris

It ends up on a system called Elsa, but only uploaded every 3 months. No clue what happens before then.

A little reminder to check that your extended warranty is registered with VW.

SusiBus has just had her second service at Breeze at Poole, and by the way, I was absolutely over the moon with the service we received. Nothing was too much trouble for Martin, the Senior Technician and they sorted out numerous little issues, first-class service and thoroughly recommended.

While I was there I got them to check out about the extended warranty being on the VW system, and guess what? it's not! I've had a couple of sleepless nights and coming back home, checked through my paperwork, and it's all there, on the sales invoice and an email from VW Customer Services and Parts Department confirming registration. Getting the dealer to check, so hopefully there's not going to be any ongoing issues. Quite why I haven't checked before I don't know, but for anyone who hasn't checked, i suggest they do so.

My Cali was 3-years old yesterday, having bought the extended factory warranty I was, therefore, a bit nervous when a number of VW marketing emails kept landing encouraging me to buy an extended warranty.
Since it was in for its MOT and some (more) warranty issues, I checked with the service manger about the warranty situation. He checked and nothing was on the system, but was unsure as to whether it showed up before the standard 3-years expired.
He checked up with the original vendors (I now go to a closer dealer in the same group Birmingham rather than Preston).
Here is his reassuring reply:

I have learnt something new today
You have a factory extended warranty. Its 2 years capped at 80k miles.
They don’t do them anymore hence why they don’t show up on the newer extended warranty sites.
Essentially we administer the extended warranty the exact same way we do the standard warranty.
So in short you do have a valid ext warranty so ignore the marketing emails

We had the same issue, bought our van new April 2019.
We did receive a single typed sheet outlining extended warranty from the dealership, however wanted to confirm this registration with VW and trying to follow up confirmation of this with VW commercial customer service was very 'trying' . Each time we ended up talking to someone in 'Warranty insurance extension sales' .
Ended up going back to the dealership, who initially said "no your not on the computer system as having it" !!! Then.....eventually discovered they were looking at wrong system ....he told me the system to search is ' ELSA ' ....found us there also confirmed that our single sheet / certificate was confirmation of this warranty.
Very frustrating and not too reassuring!

A little reminder to check that your extended warranty is registered with VW.

SusiBus has just had her second service at Breeze at Poole, and by the way, I was absolutely over the moon with the service we received. Nothing was too much trouble for Martin, the Senior Technician and they sorted out numerous little issues, first-class service and thoroughly recommended.

While I was there I got them to check out about the extended warranty being on the VW system, and guess what? it's not! I've had a couple of sleepless nights and coming back home, checked through my paperwork, and it's all there, on the sales invoice and an email from VW Customer Services and Parts Department confirming registration. Getting the dealer to check, so hopefully there's not going to be any ongoing issues. Quite why I haven't checked before I don't know, but for anyone who hasn't checked, i suggest they do so.
Good luck getting it sorted. It took me over 2 years!!

My Cali was 3-years old yesterday, having bought the extended factory warranty I was, therefore, a bit nervous when a number of VW marketing emails kept landing encouraging me to buy an extended warranty.
Since it was in for its MOT and some (more) warranty issues, I checked with the service manger about the warranty situation. He checked and nothing was on the system, but was unsure as to whether it showed up before the standard 3-years expired.
He checked up with the original vendors (I now go to a closer dealer in the same group Birmingham rather than Preston).
Here is his reassuring reply:

I have learnt something new today
You have a factory extended warranty. Its 2 years capped at 80k miles.
They don’t do them anymore hence why they don’t show up on the newer extended warranty sites.
Essentially we administer the extended warranty the exact same way we do the standard warranty.
So in short you do have a valid ext warranty so ignore the marketing emails
Is this true - they don't do the factory extended warranty - years 4 & 5 anymore ?

Last edited:
Correct, but I think they have a different promotion on now.
Were you referring to the extended factory warranty - years 4 and 5 - have amended my post (rather than referring to factory warranty as 'them' as I think there is more than 1 type of warranty in the original post I quoted ) ?

Last edited:
Got our van April 2019 and when I checked with VW to confirm our extended warranty ( been in with the deal) it took them ages to find it and eventually did .. they said it was on a different ‘database’ and referred to DB called ELSA !

This is what VWCV say they offer currently. I have not read through the whole text but it does seem the "Just like the original warranty" comment has been watered down. It is however clearer that they offer two options. Within 3 months of purchase and after this time.

Back