Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW hightop self build

Just curious, it doesn't look like you are doing much for insulation of the van that I can see in the photos. No concerns there or not planning much in the winter months?

Just curious, it doesn't look like you are doing much for insulation of the van that I can see in the photos. No concerns there or not planning much in the winter months?
No insulation on floor, will do the same as I did with joker and top the floor with the yoga/garage foam square tiles. (Similar to the back wall of garage).
Will be putting a bit in sides mainly silver foil and cork on roof. Spent 4winters in joker in germany/Switzerland/Scottish winters and coped just fine.
The key is ventilation, good warm gear. All these YouTubers haven’t a clue.

Need the van ready asap, got time on my side to get it ready for winter. So no heater or leisure bats yet.
Just need the basic frame/bones until funds allow me to splash out.

Best YouTubers have got to be kinging it, just been watching some of there old stuff.
Light hearted entertainment, don’t think I’ve ever seen them moan like lots do.
Other fav is itchy boots.
So lots of good YouTubers too, if anyone wants something to watch:thumb

Best YouTubers have got to be kinging it, just been watching some of there old stuff.
Light hearted entertainment, don’t think I’ve ever seen them moan like lots do.
Other fav is itchy boots.
So lots of good YouTubers too, if anyone wants something to watch:thumb

True Blue Travellers are good for van/truck builds - they do a great job, are quite creative and don’t take themselves too seriously on their travels. Beware though if nudity isn’t your thing I like Next Meridien Expedition & Eva Zubek for adventure travel.

True Blue Travellers are good for van/truck builds - they do a great job, are quite creative and don’t take themselves too seriously on their travels. Beware though if nudity isn’t your thing I like Next Meridien Expedition & Eva Zubek for adventure travel.
That Eva should step into David Attenborough shoes if he ever retires! She’s amazing presenter, to good for YouTube

Back