Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW insurance refused to insure because it's over £50k!

itscalledbob

itscalledbob

Home is where you park it
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Contacted VW insurance to get a quote on my new 204 DSG 4motion Cali

15+ years no claims
No convictions
No points
Licence held for over 30 years
Low insurance area

Refused to insure because the Cali is over £50k

How embarrassing!

Sorry but it makes you laugh.
try the Caravan Club - worked for us

Got a quote from Caravan Club last week as I'm up for renewal and they said if over £50k you need an approved tracker !!!

Got a quote from Caravan Club last week as I'm up for renewal and they said if over £50k you need an approved tracker !!!

Got VW insurance to include a tracker and still said no.... the point is VW won't insure a factory standard vehicle!

Got VW insurance to include a tracker and still said no.... the point is VW won't insure a factory standard vehicle!

That shows you what a load of useless t@ssers VW are !

The old company that VW did their insurance through up until a couple of years ago did insure Calis but the idiot that was smoozed into changing companies obviously didn't know VW sold vehicles in that price range!

Well they certainly haven't insisted on a Tracker in the past and didn't request at my last renewal.

I just got a quote through the C&CC broker who said without a tracker she could get a quote from 1 company (Equity red star) and with, over 20..

We had no problem at all with Comfort insuring a £50,000 plus T6 4motion, and it also includes new replacement for three years on total loss.

With regard to VW refusing to insure their own vehicles how much longer are we as owners prepared to put up with this type of treatment from.them.

Customer Care, they have no concept of what that means.

So I have now insured our Cali through C&CC (Vantage).
I tried a few including our existing insurer Admiral who said "does it have running water?" yes I said "In that case we can't insure you!" They transferred me to their partner insurer who also said then don't insure campervans either!

Tried safeguard but they were +£200

One of those subjects on here where it seems very particular to circumstances. With me CC & C &CC were way over Comfort quote as they didn't like it being my only vehicle. At least we have 4or 5 choices.

Mike

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Just called VW insurance. After 25 mins;
Them:'How many doors does your california have?'
Me; '4' .
Them; 'we will have to refer your request to an underwriter as it's a non standard vehicle that does not appear on our system'.
Me; Err it's a brand new California ocean.
Them; 'According to our system it should have 5 doors, so it is a non standard vehicle that will need our underwriter to review'

You really couldn't make this up. :mad:

it wouldn't surprise me if they counted that :)

Just called VW insurance. After 25 mins;
Them:'How many doors does your california have?'
Me; '4' .
Them; 'we will have to refer your request to an underwriter as it's a non standard vehicle that does not appear on our system'.
Me; Err it's a brand new California ocean.
Them; 'According to our system it should have 5 doors, so it is a non standard vehicle that will need our underwriter to review'

You really couldn't make this up. :mad:
Call back from VW today "sorry we can't offer insurance cover for your vehicle"