Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California Not affected By Emissions Issue

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I received an email today from the Executive Customer Relations Manager at VW Commercial...

"I appreciate your concern in relation to emission on the vehicles, I can confirm that as your California Order is a new vehicle and not gone into production yet it will not be effected by the issue".

I thought I'd share with for others who have ordered or considering ordering a T6.

There's still the question of when it will be built though!

No disrespect but I would not believe a word they say at VWCS, they have fobbed me off with numerous lies in the past !

I wonder if they can say the same about the 50,000 T5's?

That's a bit like saying, to quote the VW USA Boss, "we've screwed up, been caught red-handed, so as an act of huge contrition and goodwill to our customers we are not going to do it in future" :D

Would there be one carmanufactor honest declair they are not cheating to give thier car/ brand better results in emmision test.....
.....think not , so nothing new , only bad luck it leakt with proof at VW

Listening to news reports these days makes me sick , mankind is distroying themselfs pretty well...

I received an email today from the Executive Customer Relations Manager at VW Commercial...

"I appreciate your concern in relation to emission on the vehicles, I can confirm that as your California Order is a new vehicle and not gone into production yet it will not be effected by the issue".

Thanks Aidy P. I found this earlier and it seems to be giving the same message :

http://www.volkswagenag.com/content..._AG_has_issued_the_following_information.html

Volkswagen AG has issued the following information:
Volkswagen is working at full speed to clarify irregularities concerning a particular software used in diesel engines. New vehicles from the Volkswagen Group with EU 6 diesel engines currently available in the European Union comply with legal requirements and environmental standards. The software in question does not affect handling, consumption or emissions. This gives clarity to customers and dealers.

Further internal investigations conducted to date have established that the relevant engine management software is also installed in other Volkswagen Group vehicles with diesel engines. For the majority of these engines the software does not have any effect.

Discrepancies relate to vehicles with Type EA 189 engines, involving some eleven million vehicles worldwide. A noticeable deviation between bench test results and actual road use was established solely for this type of engine. Volkswagen is working intensely to eliminate these deviations through technical measures. The company is therefore in contact with the relevant authorities and the German Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA – Kraftfahrtbundesamt).

To cover the necessary service measures and other efforts to win back the trust of our customers, Volkswagen plans to set aside a provision of some 6.5 billion EUR recognized in the profit and loss statement in the third quarter of the current fiscal year. Due to the ongoing investigations the amounts estimated may be subject to revaluation. Earnings targets for the Group for 2015 will be adjusted accordingly.

Volkswagen does not tolerate any kind of violation of laws whatsoever. It is and remains the top priority of the Board of Management to win back lost trust and to avert damage to our customers. The Group will inform the public on the further progress of the investigations constantly and transparently.

This wiki link is also helpful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_violations

It would appear EU 6 diesel engines are not affected. Fingers crossed there won't be any Cali production delays. :thumb

My worry is that it will slow down production of the T6 California and so if I order it there is a delay.

My worry is that it will slow down production of the T6 California and so if I order it there is a delay.

I cannot see that happening.

The show must go on. The metal is being produced. The production lines are still working. What happens next is the electronics. They don't hold up production.

Yeah true, they may well speed things up to get some sales in the bank! :)

Yeah true, they may well speed things up to get some sales in the bank! :)

If anything the navel-gazing in Wolfsburg at present will be all about how to win public trust and confidence.

From my own experience their PR with their own customers is on a par with Genghis Khan being a peace ambassador. A humbled VW may actually be quite a nice company to deal with. They certainly make a fab product, from my own experience.

Absolutely no way would I buy another Vehicle from VW let alone a 45k plus California.
Ive been pursuing the front roof corrosion issue on my 2011 Cal se for over 2 years now with still no result.
Now we have to contend with the emissions issue which will surely have a further effect of de valuing our investment.
Do yourselves a favour and look at the new ford or mercedes purpose built campers.

Absolutely no way would I buy another Vehicle from VW let alone a 45k plus California.
Ive been pursuing the front roof corrosion issue on my 2011 Cal se for over 2 years now with still no result.
Now we have to contend with the emissions issue which will surely have a further effect of de valuing our investment.
Do yourselves a favour and look at the new ford or mercedes purpose built campers.
So your vehicle has not been accepted for repair under the 6 year extended warranty. Why?

Ha,ha all that crap about devitions on the e189 engines and eliminate them thru technical measues. If thats all it took why do it in the first place. Lots of talk about money and profits though.
What a load of twaddle and nonsence

So your vehicle has not been accepted for repair under the 6 year extended warranty. Why?
Not sure I mentioned anywhere about my vehicle "not being accepted for repair under the 6 year warranty"
????

Not sure I mentioned anywhere about my vehicle "not being accepted for repair under the 6 year warranty"
????
So you have the roof corrosion and VW won't repair it. Why?
Different rules in your country? If you don't wish to explain then fine.

Back