Vw sports suspension update now insurance increase ?

D

Dizzy

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Just checked with my insurance (admiral) about swapping my suspension to the vw coilovers fitted by vw and they tell me no increase of need to notify as its vw option and done by vw.

I challenged this and they were adamant.

Wierd, but they've been told and I have the transcript.

D

Hi, I lowered mine on VW fit lowering springs and the insurance were only bothered if it was more than 40mm difference from original. Would love to hear your experience of the coilovers if you go for them.

Insurers are all different. It's always worth declaring and keeping a record of that should they ever try to use it against you in the event of a claim.

Yep that's wot I've done.

Will report back after they are fitted

D

Lowered mine and front spoiler.... not interested, but they were questioning if I had a rear spoiler. (I don't think a front spoiler is listed)

Interesting about the spoilers. I was looking at a Caravelle that the dealer had fitted VW front and rear spoilers and the quote the insurance increased by £80.

I’m with Lancaster insurance and it cost me more for them to modify the policy than it did in terms of increasing the premium, and that included a 220bhp remap with EGR delete etc following replacement engine.

Just checked with my insurance (admiral) about swapping my suspension to the vw coilovers fitted by vw and they tell me no increase of need to notify as its vw option and done by vw.

I challenged this and they were adamant.

Wierd, but they've been told and I have the transcript.

D
Admiral changed me Extra when I told them my old Kombi had been lowered using the VW aftermarket springs

Admiral are somewhat strange. There was post on here a few years back on how their insurance was competitive. I rang them to discuss a quote due to the optional extras and literally went through everything include the rechargable torch (they wanted to know). So awning / heater / parking sensors / towbar / comfort mattress / upgrading interior / safe etc and it added another 80% on the premium

Last edited:
They didn't want to know about any option extra on my Cali. I made sure, because they are known for asking about factory options.

Back