Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Want it, so got to get money for it

The bottom line is, none are essential but choosing wisely if you have precious little extra budget is the key.
So as always, everyones opinions will differ on what options are essential.
Many things can be retro fitted identical to factory options by companies if you think it's better to do it that way. but they will be more expensive to varying degrees.
Some things are just a little more and some are extortionate.
I'd get the parking sensors from the start personally as they will be useful from trip number 1.
The awning is also not standard so a black factory fitted one would go well on white :thumb

If you ever want to sell the Cali you’re going to need certain essential options I’m afraid, otherwise you will be seriously limiting its saleability. I’m thinking front and rear parking sensors, awning, cruise, app connect (a must have really for new Calis now), comfort mattress. Many will, I’m sure, disagree on some of these but a Cali with zero options will be tricky to shift. Personally I’d also say metallic (it’s an expensive vehicle...).

I’d be snapping up one of the properly specified pre reg Calis around at the moment at far greater discount than you are being offered. Good luck!

Thank you very much for this. 1.) Suppose the sensors are a must, surprised these are not standard so will look into this as wife would kill me with no sensors!!", 2.) So is awning not part of ocean spec then? Sigh 3.) Oh dear, defo thoight cruise would be standard for £50k, again a must, defo agree! 3.) Is ap connect a phone thing, phones and apps and tech change so much so most prob not be sysncing with phones of the future when the time i come to sell! Looming for ore reg ones but they are seem to be hitting nearly £60k even with 5k to 10k on! :-(

Thank you very much for this. 1.) Suppose the sensors are a must, surprised these are not standard so will look into this as wife would kill me with no sensors!!", 2.) So is awning not part of ocean spec then? Sigh 3.) Oh dear, defo thoight cruise would be standard for £50k, again a must, defo agree! 3.) Is ap connect a phone thing, phones and apps and tech change so much so most prob not be sysncing with phones of the future when the time i come to sell! Looming for ore reg ones but they are seem to be hitting nearly £60k even with 5k to 10k on! :-(

Awning extra, cruise extra, parking sensors extra :(

App connect is a car thing - it enables the use if 'car play' and 'android auto' depending on what phone you have. It means that you can plug your phone in and get google maps (android auto) or apple maps (car play) on the screen of your van easily. MUCH cheaper than the factory satnav.

How will you be financing the £21,750 after 4 years? A quick back of a fag packet calculation, I reckon you could do straight 7 year finance for the same monthly cost without having the hassle of having to find either the lump sum or a new loan in four years time.

Agree with those suggesting looking at Pre Reg Demos - bear in mind many of these will have not actually been used as a demo and will have a price around 10%. Even if it had options on it, it could end up being no more than your current offer and with some nice extras to boot.
From my research VW Liverpool tended to not spec theirs too high so I'd look there for some bargains
Good luck in finding what suits you :thumb

Ooohhh, l
This is a reasonable spec for less than the cost of a brand-new one: http://www.parkwayvolkswagen.co.uk/...a-mpv-white-manual-diesel-id_13729132019.aspx

It's a pre-2018 model (so no split worktop or flash interior lighting) but if it's not been registered, you can get the PCP deal of £1k extra deposit on this too.

Might be worth a look as it already has the awning, nicer wheels, tinted windows, parking sensors, nicer radio with app connect, cruise control etc
Looks lovely and a very good price, will hone tomorrow to have a chat. Do you think there will be some extra movemtn on the price, i really like white, got a skoda in white and they charged me £500 for the privalidge so funny how some car companies charge and some are standard. White gets dirty quick but looks amaing when washed, you see your hard work but still dont enjoy polishing a white car, ooj, that white polish :)

I'd have thought the absolute basics would be parking sensors without camera and cruise control.

Awning can be added later (it costs more to do it this way but it's easy to fit)

Satnav you can stick your phone on the windscreen easy enough

Tinted windows - get them done later. Isn't quite as nice as the double glazing makes it look a little mis-matched from the outside but it's not that bad

Believe it or not, the spec is a lot better than it was. At least now you get steering wheel controls for the radio and also the rain sensor / dimming rear view mirror / auto lights included now!!

Ooohhh, l

Looks lovely and a very good price, will hone tomorrow to have a chat. Do you think there will be some extra movemtn on the price, i really like white, got a skoda in white and they charged me £500 for the privalidge so funny how some car companies charge and some are standard. White gets dirty quick but looks amaing when washed, you see your hard work but still dont enjoy polishing a white car, ooj, that white polish :)

It's been up for sale there for a good few months so yes, I'd be trying it on HARD with them.

It looks like it has been registered as a pre-March 17 one, hence the lower road tax too.

It's at my most local dealer in Leicester and that particular van is the first California I every saw/sat in. I may have even laid down upstairs in it at some point :D:D

Ues, really dont
Agree with those suggesting looking at Pre Reg Demos - bear in mind many of these will have not actually been used as a demo and will have a price around 10%. Even if it had options on it, it could end up being no more than your current offer and with some nice extras to boot.
From my research VW Liverpool tended to not spec theirs too high so I'd look there for some bargains
Good luck in finding what suits you :thumb
Thank you. Really dont mind a pre reg one at all as its basscilly new, if if a demo one, as you get extra spec but cant seem to find any for the elusive £50k budget whilst still getting all the pcp options etc of a new one to meet my budget :-(

Hahah, will give them a bell then, lower tax costs is a defo thums up for me. Whats the difference for a pre marc 17 vehicle in terms of tax as any saving i could use to add extras etc for a pre reg:) if i get that one, will pop by and make you a cuppa (you might hav eto show me how to do everything first in the cali though :thumb:embarrased:welcome:help

How will you be financing the £21,750 after 4 years? A quick back of a fag packet calculation, I reckon you could do straight 7 year finance for the same monthly cost without having the hassle of having to find either the lump sum or a new loan in four years time.
Got our fixed rate mortgage enedong in 5 years so most prob put about £12 k on that and hopefully have about £10k save by then, unless i jave too many adventures

Anytime mate - anytime.

Tax difference is a bit complex (and if it is registered, they will have paid for 12 months tax back when they registered it I expect).

The difference pre and post tax changes is £240 previously, now £450 (for first 5 years, then £140/yr).

So over a 4 or 5 year ownership it is quite a saving.

The only other real changes pre-2018 model year to 2018 model year is the split worktop on the sink (and the lids don't use gas struts any more either). There is a bigger mirror in the wardrobe with a little storage put underneath it. There are also LED lights inside the wardrobe and under sink cupboards as well as a long LED strip light just under the top edge of the sink unit, like a downlighter. You also get active city-stop as standard (radar detector on the front that does emergency braking if you are about to hit something when going slowly). That's about it really.

I'd have thought the absolute basics would be parking sensors without camera and cruise control.

Awning can be added later (it costs more to do it this way but it's easy to fit)

Satnav you can stick your phone on the windscreen easy enough

Tinted windows - get them done later. Isn't quite as nice as the double glazing makes it look a little mis-matched from the outside but it's not that bad

Believe it or not, the spec is a lot better than it was. At least now you get steering wheel controls for the radio and also the rain sensor / dimming rear view mirror / auto lights included now!!

Thabk you!!

Love the awning, be great in campsires and with kiddies but most probs wont have it to save moeny and then it could be like a stealth camper so it looks more like a work van so can park up anywhere when working away without upsetting any locals.

Sat nav is great (and lovely buiilt in) put got a top of the range tom tom with liftime Europe maps so this would suffice for my needs and can imagine vw charge a good few pennies to update their maps.

Would love tinited windows, will see how mich these are and looked at California camping on youtube and they got after market limo black out so couldnt see in at all and that might be good for me and my work laptop and equipment etc and couod do this later when have some spare pennies.

Thanks for your reply :thumb

How about a T6 California Coast form Ireland.... It offers a good saving over an Ocean..... I would still add the overnight heater tho, as it's not standard on the "Coast" version. However, the 4-berth and kitchen are all standard on the Coast.

As a guide-line..... The Coast is priced in-between the UK Beach and Ocean..... It comes with standard dash, and manual roof.... no heater as standard etc....

If buying form Ireland, it'll be right-hand drive, same as UK. The Coast isn't available in the UK.... for some stupid reason.... But available elsewhere in EU.... Strangely, the Beach isn't available in Ireland tho.

Anytime mate - anytime.

Tax difference is a bit complex (and if it is registered, they will have paid for 12 months tax back when they registered it I expect).

The difference pre and post tax changes is £240 previously, now £450 (for first 5 years, then £140/yr).

So over a 4 or 5 year ownership it is quite a saving.

The only other real changes pre-2018 model year to 2018 model year is the split worktop on the sink (and the lids don't use gas struts any more either). There is a bigger mirror in the wardrobe with a little storage put underneath it. There are also LED lights inside the wardrobe and under sink cupboards as well as a long LED strip light just under the top edge of the sink unit, like a downlighter. You also get active city-stop as standard (radar detector on the front that does emergency braking if you are about to hit something when going slowly). That's about it really.

Thays very interesting. So does that mean in 5 years, the 2018 model goes from £450 to £130 tax and the pre 2018 stays on £230 tax band so after 5 years, you get some grace!

They sound like great little additions, but could happily miss them if i could save a few £1000 on a pre reg pre 2018 model :) sorry for being daft, but is the pre 2018 model a t5 and the new 2018 a t6? Which one has the euro 6 engine etc

Yes you are right re the tax.

The T6 model has the euro 6 engines and the T6 started in 2016 I believe.

So, both the 2017 and 2018 model years are T6 transporter vans, both with the same engines (diesels, Euro 6 150hp and 204hp in the ocean).

The T5 was 2003 to 2009 (I think) and then the T5.1 (facelift T5) was 2010 until 2016 (again, I think).

My understanding is that the T5 had the 2.5ltr 5cyl tdi euro 4, then the T5.1 had the 2.0ltr 4cyl single turbo (140hp) or bi turbo 180hp, euro5.

Awning extra, cruise extra, parking sensors extra :(

App connect is a car thing - it enables the use if 'car play' and 'android auto' depending on what phone you have. It means that you can plug your phone in and get google maps (android auto) or apple maps (car play) on the screen of your van easily. MUCH cheaper than the factory satnav.
Ok, thanks for that!!!! that does sound posh and modern, but to posh for my budget i think, id be happy with a cassette player :embarrased

I think most of your questions have been answered whilst I’ve been having supper! Yes, it’s criminal, but there are certain things which absolutely should be standard on a £50K vehicle but are not. App connect basically futureproofs from a tech perspective. No need for sat nav which will be out of date in a few years. You just run whichever nav / music etc you want from your phone. It’s a no brainer.

If you’re based in North Wales (me too), talk to Liverpool (I bought from them). When I was looking they had the best priced Calis in the UK.

Yes you are right re the tax.

The T6 model has the euro 6 engines and the T6 started in 2016 I believe.

So, both the 2017 and 2018 model years are T6 transporter vans, both with the same engines (diesels, Euro 6 150hp and 204hp in the ocean).

The T5 was 2003 to 2009 (I think) and then the T5.1 (facelift T5) was 2010 until 2016 (again, I think).

My understanding is that the T5 had the 2.5ltr 5cyl tdi euro 4, then the T5.1 had the 2.0ltr 4cyl single turbo (140hp) or bi turbo 180hp, euro5.
Arrgh, ok, thays makes sense so in theory, it would be best to get a £230 tax one, so have emailed the dealer with the white cali ore reg in leicester to see what he says. What price do you think would be a good one and try get down? Dont want to be insulting as appreciate their doing there job and need to make a wage but dont want to pay too much either!! Tha k you

I think most of your questions have been answered whilst I’ve been having supper! Yes, it’s criminal, but there are certain things which absolutely should be standard on a £50K vehicle but are not. App connect basically futureproofs from a tech perspective. No need for sat nav which will be out of date in a few years. You just run whichever nav / music etc you want from your phone. It’s a no brainer.

If you’re based in North Wales (me too), talk to Liverpool (I bought from them). When I was looking they had the best priced Calis in the UK.

Thank you, hope you enjoyed your supper!!! do you have a website or any contacts that you recommend in liverpool as that's only an hour away. Think im defo sold now on getting a pre reg to get some extra kit (defo wouod like tinited glass, cruise and sensors, think there a must for the price and for what it will be used for and a pre 2018 to save on tax as it all adds up with monthly outgoings.

Arrgh, ok, thays makes sense so in theory, it would be best to get a £230 tax one, so have emailed the dealer with the white cali ore reg in leicester to see what he says. What price do you think would be a good one and try get down? Dont want to be insulting as appreciate their doing there job and need to make a wage but dont want to pay too much either!! Tha k you

Not really sure to be honest. Maybe start at 47 and see what they say? As long as you are serious and tell them you are, then there should be a deal in there for you. It’s a good time of year to buy at the moment too as it’s off season, plus there are many ex-hire 1 year old vans being sold too. Competition is good at the moment.

I should have said, if you get serious about it on the phone I don’t mind popping in and taking some photos etc for you before you make the trip.

I should have said, if you get serious about it on the phone I don’t mind popping in and taking some photos etc for you before you make the trip.
That's very very kind of you!!! Will wait for them to give me a bell tomorrow and will be cheeky and start £47k then :) and may take you up on the offer just incase someone has bashed it since you last saw it :)

Back