Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Want it, so got to get money for it

Thank you, hope you enjoyed your supper!!! do you have a website or any contacts that you recommend in liverpool as that's only an hour away. Think im defo sold now on getting a pre reg to get some extra kit (defo wouod like tinited glass, cruise and sensors, think there a must for the price and for what it will be used for and a pre 2018 to save on tax as it all adds up with monthly outgoings.

Risotto, lovely thanks! If I were in the market now I’d be straight on the phone in the morning to stick a deposit on this...

https://used.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/...di-150ps-eu6-bmt-van-pre-reg/details-wdbsmw2m

Could be an error and it’s a genuine bargain if it is inc VAT? Pre reg deals can be 10ish % discount off list, so if it’s a pre-price hike model with over 5k off then it could just about be right...

Could be an error and it’s a genuine bargain if it is inc VAT? Pre reg deals can be 10ish % discount off list, so if it’s a pre-price hike model with over 5k off then it could just about be right...

pre-reg demos should be 14% discount.

Thanks everyone!!! Got loads of ammunition and knowledge now :)

I dont know if its changed but when I bought mine you could only get the extended warranty (5 Years) if took out the finance and an option to bundle in the services. It wasn't available for. ash purchases. That was a worthwhile incentive on a complex vehicle. Means I have 5 years troublefree motoring and no worries about roof corrosion or anything else for that matter. Also for me options was everything. I wasn't going to spend £55k then spend the next 5 years wishing if only I'd ordered this or that,option. So I fully loaded it and have absolutely no regrets.

My understanding of the current situation re extended warranty is that it must be purchased within 90 days of registration but that there is no link to finance etc. This obviously means that if the dealer didn’t add it to the pre reg / demo vehicle within the first 90 days then you can’t have it.

Some of the newer pre-reg vehicles out there though are still well within their first 90 days so choosing carefully might still allow the warranty to be extended.

Means I have 5 years troublefree motoring
That's what I thought, but the servicing is UK and Channel Islands only - not Europe wide.

I paid up front for the first four services, but have now paid a Spanish garage 192 Euros for the first variable service, and cannot reclaim my money.

This is very poor for a campervan, with variable servicing, likely to be used in Europe.

Plus - I specifically checked that the servicing was Europewide at the time of purchasing the service plan and was told it was. Small print confirms no.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Been thinking all night and have now decided not to got with the finance option.

I have decided i am going to work my butt off, save up instead and go through my outgoings with a fine tooth comb and get them to a minimum ( i have never saved for anything, I always get things now, pay later). I am going to get a second evening job (already got it this morning) so hopefully be able to buy one outright in Jan 2019 (mine and my sons birthdays) or certainly have a massive deposit. I am self employed so having 5 years of £650 pcm with 21k ballon worries me slightly especially with kiddies needing so much and wanting money to actually have the adventures so going to be completely skint for 1 and a bit years and then have hopefully years of adventure without so much of a financial burden and less pressure on me for work.

Hopefully get to meet some of you at the gatherings before as you have all been such a tremendous help and so kind sharing all your advice!!! Thank you ever so much, really really appreciate it!

Kindest regards

Marcus & family

Good decision. You can always hire one in the meantime whenever you like.

All: this is one of the most useful threads in the past few weeks that has given me also a lot of information on the options that are available. Thank you all for your inputs.

@MarkVw2017 - As Elmo says, hire one in the meanwhile and you will be able to enjoy it as well as identify features that you really need.

All: this is one of the most useful threads in the past few weeks that has given me also a lot of information on the options that are available. Thank you all for your inputs.

@MarkVw2017 - As Elmo says, hire one in the meanwhile and you will be able to enjoy it as well as identify features that you really need.
Yes very interesting. None of this info was around when I bought my ex-demo in 2011. Also not the current wealth of info on cali either.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Great stuff - saving is very hard but when you've got a goal in mind it does make it slightly easier.

As others have said, go hire one and see what you think. We did that before we ordered ours and we had a brilliant weekend way, even if there were 60mph+ winds on the first night.

Top tip - back the van in to the wind if you're raising the roof. I didn't LOL

Great stuff - saving is very hard but when you've got a goal in mind it does make it slightly easier.

As others have said, go hire one and see what you think. We did that before we ordered ours and we had a brilliant weekend way, even if there were 60mph+ winds on the first night.

Top tip - back the van in to the wind if you're raising the roof. I didn't LOL
Another tip: if you can take @itguy along with you as well, you should end up with a good deal. :thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My understanding of the current situation re extended warranty is that it must be purchased within 90 days of registration but that there is no link to finance etc. This obviously means that if the dealer didn’t add it to the pre reg / demo vehicle within the first 90 days then you can’t have it.

Some of the newer pre-reg vehicles out there though are still well within their first 90 days so choosing carefully might still allow the warranty to be extended.

I purchased the warranty extension, and service package.... within 90 days.... the van was a straight cash purchase, ass looks fine so far.... had my first service completed at 18,500 miles, and there was no additional payment required.

* DONT FINANCE YOURSELF SILLY FOR ONE OF THESE VEHICLES*

I’m reading these finance deals and stuff and just think it’s insane. A California isn’t worth a big deal of debt.
I owned all sorts of self converted vans over the years and had just as much fun as I did in a California.
Some of my first vehicles weren’t much more than some insulation and a place to lay my head, basic done on a shoestring budget and still loads of fun.

Buy a California when you have the bulk of the money saved or look secondhand. It doesn’t even have to be a Volkswagen, plenty of secondhand vans that do the same job.

I agree with your decision. I saved hard and managed to buy outright in 2013, it wasn't easy though.
The benefits for me are not owing anybody a penny or paying interest on what is already a lot of money. Just my personal choice, many will disagree.

I don't have any problem with debt, so long as you are getting value for money. VW's finance plans fail that basic test. Cheap mortgages and even some credit cards pass.

There's a very good reason why VW can afford to give you a £1000 deposit contribution if you take out their finance - they are making a small fortune from those who don't repay the debt almost immediately. I think that it should be a criminal offence to entice people into debt in such a manner.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

There are a number of disadvantages of saving up:

1. The prices are going up - if I had saved just the three years of payments that Ive made on my van, I would be no closer to buying one as the prices have gone up so much.
2. If you are renting, thats dead money & reduces your saving ability.
3. I needed something whilst the kids where of the right age to benefit. Telling them we are not going on holiday for 3 or 4 years whilst we save for a van just wasn't going to happen.

For us, we changed a Range Rover + big white motorhome, for a California + fun car & ended up paying out less per month on paying for them, less on road tax & less on fuel.

If you can replace an ordinary family car with a california the extra cost of buying the California can easily be recovered by the reduced depreciation.

it's a tough one. I borrowed 30 large as an advanced loan from my mortgage people. told them.it was for a car and they didn't even flinch. paying under 200 a month over about 13 years with the benefit I can overpay when I have a few spare quid the vw 10 yr finance was working out about 600 sheets a month which just wasn't possible for me. they think it's like buying a fridge freezer them salesmen at vw commercial. it's big money to most people and a big decision you need to get right on a plus note....no more hotel bills

Back