Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Was this lucky or unlucky ...........?

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Had a great time last week visiting Arran and Gigha albeit with iffy weather.

But I managed to pick-up two punctures in the same tyre in two days. In fact the second occurred less than three hours after the first one was repaired!

The first was in a campsite on Arran where I picked up a bolt that caused a slow. Nowhere to get it repaired on Arran on a Sunday so we had an unscheduled trip to Campbeltown on Monday before catching the ferry to Gigha. Leaving the ferry we decided to park up for a short while in the ferry car park whilst we checked the map. I managed to park on a bolt projecting from the car park :-( . We returned to the van after a few mins to a loud hissing noise as the the tyre visibly deflated before our eyes.

So was I unlucky to pick up a second puncture so quickly or lucky that both were repairable rather than requiring a new tyre?

Also on the plus side I am now well practiced at changing a wheel.

I think most would think it unlucky, but I like your positivity. I only ever had one flat on my T5; dark, raining, so drove 1/2 mile home. Cost me a new tyre.

"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so"

Two punctures in 2 days from bolts?!
Was anyone following you?

Lucky it was the same tyre. Any chance of compo from the ferry car park owners?

Had a great time last week visiting Arran and Gigha albeit with iffy weather.

But I managed to pick-up two punctures in the same tyre in two days. In fact the second occurred less than three hours after the first one was repaired!

The first was in a campsite on Arran where I picked up a bolt that caused a slow. Nowhere to get it repaired on Arran on a Sunday so we had an unscheduled trip to Campbeltown on Monday before catching the ferry to Gigha. Leaving the ferry we decided to park up for a short while in the ferry car park whilst we checked the map. I managed to park on a bolt projecting from the car park :-( . We returned to the van after a few mins to a loud hissing noise as the the tyre visibly deflated before our eyes.

So was I unlucky to pick up a second puncture so quickly or lucky that both were repairable rather than requiring a new tyre?

Also on the plus side I am now well practiced at changing a wheel.

For future reference I can recommend a garage on Arran called Lambies which is at the south end of Brodick. I had a problem with a car at the time and they had the part delivered overnight and fitted next day. They might not be open on a Sunday but a good honest mechanic when you need it most.

Reactions: DM
Interestingly a puncture repair is 10% cheaper in Campbeltown than in Leicestershire :thumb

Interestingly a puncture repair is 10% cheaper in Campbeltown than in Leicestershire :thumb
When we visited last year, petrol in the village community petrol station in remote Applecross was cheaper than we paid at a filling station 3 miles from the Stanlow refinery!

Reactions: DM
Back