Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WATERPROOF COVERS FOR ROOF MATTRESSES

J

JDWB

Hi Everybody,
I am really pleased with my new purchase from Comfortz Leisure, waterproof covers for both of the upstairs mattresses for my California. I have been looking for some for a while and contacted Comfortz Leisure on the off chance and hey presto I am now the proud owner of waterproof covers. The look just like the original covers (which they fit over) and are a great fit and finish. Now when the side panels get a soaking from a summer downpour I can close the roof without knowing that the mattresses are not going to get wet. I have attached a photo of the new covers in situ (Hope the photo turns out OK. I am not confident).
Regards
Dave

PS Thanks Nick.

DSC_1917.JPG

Hi Everybody,
Its me again. Just when I thought that it was going to be my photo that let this post down but in reality it was my typing that failed me. The word without shouldn't be in the sentence about closing the roof.
Sorry about that,
Dave

Glad you like them Dave - and thanks for the feedback :D

The waterproof covers for the roof mattress are now available on our website. They come as a two piece kit for both the large and small pieces of roof mattress
They're made from our hard wearing 600 denier grey waterproof polyester material and have the Velcro attached to secure the bendy reading light.

I'll get some better pictures uploaded shortly :thumb

http://www.comfortzleisure.co.uk/#/t5/4575833167
:thanks
Nick

Nick,

I'm going to be in the UK for work in a couple of weeks - i am there mon-thurs only and wanted ot get a few things ordered and delivered to my hotel Central London) - what notice do I need to give ? Parcel shelf cover and roof mattress cover specifically, possibly a thermal screen cover as well if $ allow

Just let me know the week before and I'll make all the arrangements for you :thumb

Cheers Nick

Are these available for the T4 top mattress or just the T5 (not sure if they are the same size or not).

If they get wet do they soak up any water at all - ie if my little nieces sleep up there and wet the bed would this protect the mattress - or am I better off getting an external cover I can easily bung in the washing machine on the times they are with us.
Thanks
Sadie

Hi Sadie,

We could make you one up for the original roof mattresses in the t4 not a problem.

The material in the photo is our 600 denier harder wearing fabric - which has a canvas type finish to the outer side but with a very heavy waterproof backing. After a period of time the outer layer would get impregnated with water - but it wouldn't get through the waterproof backing.

Our 500 denier, slightly lighter weight fabric works differently - water beads and runs off, it still has a waterproof inner layer but it’s not as heavy as the 600 denier.

I had a similar conversation with a chap last week and he went for the 600 denier option as the thought of getting a shower from the little ones asleep upstairs steered him away from the material that beads water! - Sorry, not the best picture in your mind I know - But I guess this is one of the realities of having little ones! My own daughter is going through this stage so I understand all too well :D

If you'd like to discuss further feel free to drop me a call :thumb

01246 825873 - Cheers Nick

I have just taken delivery of mattress covers for the roof and parcel shelf mattresses.
Thanks very much for getting them to me so quickly despite your holiday and Calis on the Farm.
The roof covers are fine I concur that the material and construction is excellent.
I do seem to have a problem with the parcel shelf mattress cover. The mattress consists of 3 sections: one approx. 8cm thick and the other 2 each 4cm thick, they fold, but it is not possible to separate them. The cover appears to be made to fit only the thicker section and I cannot imagine cramming the whole 3 sections in. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Roger,

You're not doing anything wrong, but you'll have the optional mattress in there - the cover we manufacture just fits the standard parcel shelf mattress. Pop it back to us and I'll give you a refund - unfortunately we don't yet manufacture one to fit the mattress too - sorry.

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick
Just taken delivery of a California and go away on Saturday - how long will the upper mattress protector take to deliver? I'm assuming they can go in the washer?
Thanks

Back