Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waterproofing canvas pop top

D

DermoMcdermott

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi there I’m looking at waterproofing the canvas pop top and was wondering if there are any products you would recommend or avoid?

Also any pitfalls to watch out for and how often should you waterproof the canvas?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would give a coat of waterproofing every couple of years. It certainly worked.... costs about £10 for enough to do the whole canvas.

Has anything fallen apart? Only I have some Fabsil and on the can it says don't use on glued seams. I don't know if the pop top has any glued seams in it???
My 2008 doesn’t seem to have glued/taped seams. Just sewn.
Actually a year later I’ve just done it again and concentrated on the seams. All good.

Has anything fallen apart? Only I have some Fabsil and on the can it says don't use on glued seams. I don't know if the pop top has any glued seams in it???
Just do it on a dry day and give it time to dry before you put the roof down!

Thanks all. I did it yesterday. It did seem to affect the bungee which went loose. It was still stretchy so I tightened it before dropping the roof down.

Thanks all. I did it yesterday. It did seem to affect the bungee which went loose. It was still stretchy so I tightened it before dropping the roof down.
Personally think bungees are a very bad idea. Pull at the fabric and rub against the canvas when going up and down. Never used one. Just an opinion.