Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WeConnect ending on 8/11/23

Driving data. Maybe its a bit hit and miss/ work in progress with updates!

Screenshot_20231110_091708_Volkswagen.jpg

I'm using Samsung S23 Ultra so one UI 5.1/ android 13 based

My WiFi/bluetooth button won’t highlight yellow when I press and hold it for the specified time, so I can’t connect to my vehicle to play with this feature. Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix? I’m in a new VW California Beach Camper received October 2023.

Solved :) - Playing with the new app I’ve just discovered that the locked/unlocked status of the vehicle in the new app is indicated by the padlock to the left of My Volkswagen at the top of the screen. Also the graphic changes to show if doors and/or windows are open.
Still get an error message when clicking on Driving Data though. Have flagged with VW helpdesk.

IMG_0300.png

IMG_0301.png

IMG_0302.png

I get the same scripting error. Is there anyway to see Adblue levels? The old app provided this information

No AdBlue level showing on mine. I hope that all of the previous functionality/features is restored soon. I renewed my subscription on the basis that the new app would be at least as ‘good’ as WeConnect (which wasn’t great, especially for MY21 vans).

I cannot pull up any driving data history, mpg since new etc.
I also have a problem with driving data history etc.
it does seem a bit strange to replace an app with some useful functions with one that that has hardly anything. Maybe we are being punished for complaining about the leaking roof.

I left a 1 star review with comments about Ad blue & driving data on the App Store …got a reply saying comments would be passed to developer.
Seem to be quite a few negative comments!

My WiFi/bluetooth button won’t highlight yellow when I press and hold it for the specified time, so I can’t connect to my vehicle to play with this feature. Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix? I’m in a new VW California Beach Camper received October 2023.
I've since found out that I hadn't completed the registration, I didn't accept some T&C item and despite getting e-mails saying I was signed up for weconnect I wasn't! I have since got the vw app installed and gone through the video process to prove who I am, and now the light works and I can connect to my vehicle - at last...now I just have to learn how to turn the light off again LOL

Solved :) - Playing with the new app I’ve just discovered that the locked/unlocked status of the vehicle in the new app is indicated by the padlock to the left of My Volkswagen at the top of the screen. Also the graphic changes to show if doors and/or windows are open.
Still get an error message when clicking on Driving Data though. Have flagged with VW helpdesk.

View attachment 116243
That padlock symbol has disappeared on that screen today
I now have a line immediately above Horn & turn Signals that shows "Vehicle Locked"

Thats on Iphone.

Mine has now lost the fuel and range data and wants a login for journey details but hangs after entering user name ! Punishment for bad review!

That padlock symbol has disappeared on that screen today
I now have a line immediately above Horn & turn Signals that shows "Vehicle Locked"

Thats on Iphone.
...and when you click on that you get a "switch" to be able to change lock/unlock, works ok but with a time delay of a few seconds...still can save you hunting your pockets or bag for keys.

Mine has now lost the fuel and range data and wants a login for journey details but hangs after entering user name ! Punishment for bad review!
same for me (on iphone)

same here

...and when you click on that you get a "switch" to be able to change lock/unlock, works ok but with a time delay of a few seconds...still can save you hunting your pockets or bag for keys.
Or calling the AA because your keys are inside the van.

Padlock still there on mine. When clicking on Driving Data instead of an error message I now get taken to a login screen which asks for my email address but then freezes when progressing to the password page.
Bit of a shambles so far!

IMG_0323.png

IMG_0324.png

My screens different - on Iphone - just thinking outloud, that could be because I have the option to unlock the van using the app & you might not?IMG_1546.png

My screens different - on Iphone - just thinking outloud, that could be because I have the option to unlock the van using the app & you might not?View attachment 116300
@andyinluton : is the remote lock/unlock working on yours? I had it enabled on the old app but on this new one it's been telling me that "oops" there's a fault - try again later" for the past few weeks.

Remote lock / unlock is about the only thing on the app that works for me. Driving data is missing (hangs on username); no range info; no manage service packages access.

It is genuinely one of the most frustrating apps ever designed.

Back