Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weirdest Campervans

Not witnessed but photo recieved on a WhatsApp channel. It has to be real
ee116a4fdfebaa971ae760c0de426ac5.jpg

Not witnessed but photo recieved on a WhatsApp channel. It has to be real
ee116a4fdfebaa971ae760c0de426ac5.jpg
Watch the heating of his bath tub (minute 12.02), and probably of his tongue as well! ;)

Last edited:
I've seen those 'tartan shortbread tin' T4s, they pop up all over the Highlands.

foto (210).JPG
Some kind of caravan, attached to the towbar, and with a truck style connection on the roof.
Didn't see it driving, just peeking in one's yard on Ile de Ré.

We were at Gairloch last week and saw this humungous thing - sadly didn't see what was pulling it

20200917_134815_resized.jpg

This is my favourite: a Swiss registered coach based campervan with a flat pack roof terrace - seen in Krakow.
IMG_3307.JPG

Can you imagine the blast a family with teenage children could have with that!?

Last edited:
It seemed to sit on it's own in middle of the site (Sands Caravan site) on the right. Looked around 4 times length of VW. You can see how big compared to the Mazda Bongo sitting there. Extensions came out on both sides making it 3 times it's travel width. I'd hate to have been behind that on those roads approaching Gairloch especially the one from Kinlochewe

20200917_134815.jpg

It seemed to sit on it's own in middle of the site (Sands Caravan site) on the right. Looked around 4 times length of VW. You can see how big compared to the Mazda Bongo sitting there. Extensions came out on both sides making it 3 times it's travel width. I'd hate to have been behind that on those roads approaching Gairloch especially the one from Kinlochewe

View attachment 67075
I would genuinely rather have the Mazda Bongo. It looks like a missile Launch Control Centre, horrendous. Would you not feel a tad conspicuous arriving in that? Please don't tell me there were only two people in that.

View attachment 66957
Some kind of caravan, attached to the towbar, and with a truck style connection on the roof.
Didn't see it driving, just peeking in one's yard on Ile de Ré.
demountables - popular choice in the US (if you don't go for a fifth wheeler) for converting the pickup to a RV and not lugging it round the other weeks. Looking into a few of these options to reduce to one vehicle