Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Westfalia control panel reset

J

Joaquin

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi everyone! Does anybody know how to reset the westfalia control panel that is above. I have a little problem with it. When i turn the heating on during the night time, the screen keeps the light on , and the light makes it difficult to sleep. It doesn't go off until I turn the heating off in the morning.... I know it is not a big problem but I know this is not the way it normally works...

Sorry for my english....

I mean the westfalia control panel that is above the inside mirror...

I’m not aware you can turn it off. I think it stays lit ?

I’ve never tried to turn it off but then I’ve never left the heating on at night.

Have you tried the user manual?

Does it come on if the heater is switched on via its timer?

Hi everyone! Does anybody know how to reset the westfalia control panel that is above. I have a little problem with it. When i turn the heating on during the night time, the screen keeps the light on , and the light makes it difficult to sleep. It doesn't go off until I turn the heating off in the morning.... I know it is not a big problem but I know this is not the way it normally works...

Sorry for my english....

Hello Joaquin. So after a bit of investigation, a PDF of the instructions for the control panel and some help with Google Translate I discovered this:

Illumination of the displays
The displays are illuminated for about 3 minutes when any pushbutton is pressed. In addition, the lighting is coupled with the instrument lighting of the base vehicle.

In auxiliary heating mode, the display is illuminated for the duration of operation.

So to answer your question - your panel is behaving exactly as it should. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Joaquin. So after a bit of investigation, a PDF of the instructions for the control panel and some help with Google Translate I discovered this:

Illumination of the displays
The displays are illuminated for about 3 minutes when any pushbutton is pressed. In addition, the lighting is coupled with the instrument lighting of the base vehicle.

In auxiliary heating mode, the display is illuminated for the duration of operation.

So to answer your question - your panel is behaving exactly as it should. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for your investigation... Sometimes I think there must be a joker working for westfalia!!! I also have a continous TIC TIC TIC while the heating is on , but I think, although annoing, is part of the way it burn the diesel... On the other hand, i am writing from my California, just came out from an amazing day un Warner Bros Madrid!!! Greetings from Spain and thank you again for all the kind answers!!!

Thank you so much for your investigation... Sometimes I think there must be a joker working for westfalia!!! I also have a continous TIC TIC TIC while the heating is on , but I think, although annoing, is part of the way it burn the diesel... On the other hand, i am writing from my California, just came out from an amazing day un Warner Bros Madrid!!! Greetings from Spain and thank you again for all the kind answers!!!

A pleasure. Don’t worry about the TIC TIC TIC, that’s just the fuel pump for the heater. Perfectly normal. What age is your Westy? If you’ve a later one the control panel allows you to program the heater to run at three separate times. This might help if you want to run it overnight in two hour bursts just to take the chill off rather than having it TIC TIC TIC all night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My westy is a 99', one of the first ones of the last edition. And yes, it has a programer, I still have to understand how it works, but I managed to get the control panel instructions, so it's just a bit of reading to get it.

My westy is a 99', one of the first ones of the last edition. And yes, it has a programer, I still have to understand how it works, but I managed to get the control panel instructions, so it's just a bit of reading to get it.

Top stuff. One step closer to a warm, quiet winter nights sleep. Once you understand the timer it’s very useful. Bare in mind that the control panel clock needs to have the correct time displayed otherwise the timer will come on at a different time than expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk