Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What’s your brew?

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
  • Tea, coffee, herbal, fruit, milky, malted, etc?
  • Traditionally made, instant, etc?
  • Loose, bags, portion packets, etc?
  • Addition ingredients (for taste or as a design feature)?

Think I should have clarified. Meant to have the focus on what do you brew in the van. Perhaps we need a “what’s your tipple?” thread.

Tea yorkshire brand i also have a krupps machine for when on hook up

We have a selection of stainless steel coffee pots. Usually we make a pot of espresso at breakfast. Mr FL likes a cappuccino so we also have a small milk frother which we use on the hob. We have a cafetière (also stainless steel) which we use for straight black coffee - not directly on the hob, we boil a kettle.

For other times of the day we have a small plastic box with a selection of fruit teas and herbal teas to choose from.

586DC590-DC41-4988-AA37-880200DAAF31.jpeg

We have a selection of stainless steel coffee pots. Usually we make a pot of espresso at breakfast. Mr FL likes a cappuccino so we also have a small milk frother which we use on the hob. We have a cafetière (also stainless steel) which we use for straight black coffee - not directly on the hob, we boil a kettle.

For other times of the day we have a small plastic box with a selection of fruit teas and herbal teas to choose from.

View attachment 39854
Hi FL. That looks so sleek and elegant. What make is it. Would you recommend to others (pros/cons, etc)?

The espresso pot is Bialetti. It is a 10 cup pot. We use it at home on our induction hob and then move it into the van when we go away. We have probably had it for about 2-3 years and it gets used regularly. It is very easy to clean and the coffee stays hot in the pot for quite a while. So really it’s all pros from me and no cons at all.

The milk frother is great in the van as we use it on the hob to heat the milk. I always take it outside before I put on the lid and pump it to froth as it can splash a bit and I would rather have that happen outside than in. We don’t want the van to smell of sour milk. That too is very easy to clean. It doesn’t have a name on it but I know we bought it from Amazon. Although stainless steel this doesn’t work on the induction hob at home.

Typhoo tea (bags) or Lavazza coffee brewed in my Aeropress. Red wine with meals.

Yorkshire tea, loose leaf at home but tea bags in the van

Tea bags for us in the van. Hubby (tin mug) and Barney the dog (bowl) have tetley’s decaf. For me it’s a fruity orange and cranberry infusion. Doesn’t matter if I forget to drink mine as it’s like squash when it’s cold (tin mug too).

I'd rather have Doom Bar!

Sainsbo earl grey for me, Sainsbo red label for my husband (thank goodness he's given up coffee as his heartburn disappeared when we moved house and only had access to tea bags!). Then Stonehouse brewery beer from then on. Fantastic beer brewed in Oswestry. Yum!

Assam Golden FBOP, loose leaf IMG_20181206_204728.jpeg