Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What can you leave on the top bed?

I keep a shelf and the front and side screens up there.

1" mattress with zonesleep and sheets no problem.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Mike, do you use this sleeping combination? I use a zonesleep on top of the standard upstairs mattress that folds down and is stored on the back shelf. Comfortz don’t make their 1” mattress now but any good quality firm foam should do.
Which do you have on the bottom?

You can fold a blanket lengthwise and keep it stored in the centre up there. Nut much more. Be aware that all might look good, but if the seal is not closing properly aginst the roof - wish can be hard to tell - you might discover water ingress on a rainy days drive and a swampy mattress will be the result …

We left the kids sleeping bags up there, just moved them towards the centre line before closing. We drove to the South of France and back like that with no issues.

I left a body once, my last lover

Took a bit of a job lowering the roof. In fact I got the fabric trapped.

Sorry for bringing this up.

12 years less 14 days since "enemy action" took him away

We leave a good quality king size down duvet up there, folded in half lengthways so away from the sides. A feather or mixed feather and down duvet would be heavier and not pack as tightly.

Hi
New ocean on way, can anyone tell me how much bedding you can leave up in the roof bed to save storing it in the main living area as you often see.

John

We were thinking, standard mattress, maybe a lightweight topper, duvet, pillows?.

Is that because of weight or space

a sheet to cover the mattress, Isotop, that's it. You couzld fir something thin in the middle still, like a pajama maybe

We leave a good quality king size down duvet up there, folded in half lengthways so away from the sides. A feather or mixed feather and down duvet would be heavier and not pack as tightly.

I wonder if this is another of those threads where the answers should differ based on SE/Ocean and Beach/Coast (assuming Coast has same manual roof).

@Amarillo's reply for a Beech is different to the leave nothing but fartprints (or just a sheet at a push) answers that Ocean owners are giving?

With the Beach roof you know when to stop pulling; the powered version will just keep on going

You can't even let air on the mattress. That is why you have to open the windows. To let the air out.