Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What did you get for Christmas?

I got a letter from the council saying my hedge had overgrown the footpath, finished cutting it back on Christmas eve
421d2ed2ed4f35d1df5b7d3a54aa3d7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I got a letter from the council saying my hedge had overgrown the footpath, finished cutting it back on Christmas eve

Nice utilisation of the van there.
Did you manage to fit the full hedge inside,
is the rear bench seat in there somewhere or did you
remove it.

Nice to see the van being used, not like some on this forum

And why not! Providing you properly protect the inside (like Dick has done) and are very careful when loading and unloading, it makes perfect sense. Some Local Authorities don't allow rented vans and trucks into their domestic recycling centres so a commercial vehicle based California camper van is the next best thing.
However, I think I'd have hired an industrial chipper for the day and then taken it to the tip in bags. Less likely hood of damage to the interior and fewer trips needed as the residue is more compact.

At our local domestic refuse center (tip) they allow camper vans in without a special voucher, if not over two metres high. We've just started using our Beach for regular de-cluttering tip runs and having a vast interior, it's perfect for the task.

P.s My neighbour has a huge heap of steaming horse manure. Collection only. :thumb

Sorry this post has strayed off topic.

IMG_2952.jpg Handpresso case of more capsules.....might lessen current time to make a mug of coffee....challenge is from 'bean' to mug in less than 10 minutes....
It's a quick nespresso at home so the whole ritual just to get a good cup of coffee is part of camping.

Santa bought me a rechargable ciggy lighter torch and the polystyrene storage for the shower. Hours of fun for us while everyone were guessing what it was on xmas day!!!!53F4FDAB-A8B8-42B3-AFC4-FC508D4FEACD.jpeg 6487D5FD-1786-43D0-A496-F8586CF0F706.jpeg

Cool VW travel mug.
It’s the little things from the ones that matter :)

5D0D7370-6F0E-4B4E-BECA-367D827EF281.jpeg

I got a woolly hat with earflaps for days like the afternoon meet at West Bay (freeeeezing)!

We are in Donegal and hoping to get a surf in but Storm Dylan is bearing down with great fury.....:( Enjoy :)

Donegal is lovely. I was over there about 15 years watching the surfing masters event.
Big big seas next few days. Take care if you do go out, must be lots of water moving around.:thumb

I received my pension ... after 43 years of work ... but also my wife in October retired ... we are both at home ... I am ruined ... someone will surely understand me '...

I received my pension ... after 43 years of work ... but also my wife in October retired ... we are both at home ... I am ruined ... someone will surely understand me '...

Yep me. My wife is also now retired. We are adjusting

Mike

I also understand. My OH is barely working, easing into full retirement in maybe a year.

When I used to do CAB, newly retired men often rocked up to volunteer as their wives didn't want them round the house all day. They really missed working, it's a real adjustment.

Try living in a 1.5m by 3.5m space for six months with your wife, two pre-schoolers and a hyperactive border collie...

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
I hope you have some videos of your expedition, get VW to sponsor the production, it would be a life affirming program on you-tube at least.

I bought myself some Tefal Ingenio pans in a pre-Christmas sale.

Crikey that's a short back and sides, I'll miss you out if I need a haircut.

Back