Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you call your Cali?

Bluey - it’s dark blue. Got some stickers made for back and side window. However often we just call it The Van.

Love that colour on the t5 shape. Looks perfect with the sportline wheels
Thanks, yes we have only had it two years and enjoying every minute we are away in it.
By the way the song was black Betty haha.

My boy calls ours Elmo

Had ours for about 3 months, and still not desided on a name yet - the competition stands between the following.:
- Sølvester (Silvester - put together from Silver as the colour, and adding a name to it )
- Gyngehesten (Rocking horse)
- The BangBus (No comment)

:)

We called our Camper in memory of my late father. " Ed ".

We called ours Lyla and it would appear like others from a song:

Flo. Sometimes you just have to go with the ..... or nip outside to do the washing up in my case

Had ours for about 3 months, and still not desided on a name yet - the competition stands between the following.:
- Sølvester (Silvester - put together from Silver as the colour, and adding a name to it )
- Gyngehesten (Rocking horse)
- The BangBus (No comment)

:)

Last edited:
Our first Cali, the Beach, was called 'Heinreich Das Hundwagen' (Heiney for short). It was just after we got our second dog, and as my Mini just wasn't big enough for two the Cali became their main mode of transport.

Our Ocean is imaginatively called 'Heiney 2.0' and still retains the all important dog duties!

Last edited:
Ours is called Sid. It’s the first initial of my wife, my daughter and I.

2nd the van. It's a machine, not a living being. Giving it a name is like calling a toaster Hot thing. Just mad.

Moose - as whilst in Alaska 10yrs ago we met a guy in the most remote place in his Cali and he had Moose stickers all over it, he said its because his Cali could go anywhere as does a Moose. Hence we have the number plate MO05E GB yet to put on.

Bus. It's Dutch for Van. Meant to give it a name but Bus just seems to work perfectly.

I have a habit of calling mine "the truck" I had a VW Syncro Pick-up for 21 1/2 years. However both are the best vehicles I have ever driven, and I have had a few.

Stanley after Sean 'Stanley' Leary for adventures