Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you know that I don't about the california

Back to the OP...

It self destructs unless you enter the magic code into the user control panel.

Check your "info" in the settings menu, you will se how many days that you have left :shocked

Ehhh?

I have spent a week learning the many different features of my beautiful new van. I have trawled through the manual, the forum, and slept in the van every night.
So what now don't I know...my unknown unknowns .

Check your "info" in the settings menu, you will se how many days that you have left :shocked

Come on Paul, you yourself are on your 3rd SE so you clearly know about it

I have spent a week learning the many different features of my beautiful new van. I have trawled through the manual, the forum, and slept in the van every night.
So what now don't I know...my unknown unknowns .

Come on Paul, you yourself are on your 3rd SE so you clearly know about it
No, only on my first one. I thought the switch on the L side of the radio was the Self Destruct button, because everytime I go to press it when SWMBO is sat in the passenger seat I get this funny look and a wagging finger and then a pain over my L cheek where she hits me. Happens everytime.:confused:Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 21.27.37.jpg

Last edited:
You could try anaesthetics ....

I'm sure theres an anaesthetist in the house somewhere....

on the other hand you could put on a DVD of my finest lectures... It is an anaesthetic only equalled by ketamine.

Those fancy lights that come on when you go around a corner. Theynwere a suprise for himself!

Bummer those lights.

The only way I have found to turn them off is to go straight on and it totally upset a lot of people when I went through my local pedestrianised area:shocked

Those fancy lights that come on when you go around a corner. Theynwere a suprise for himself!
I wonder if they work when you're reversing?

You could try anaesthetics ....

I'm sure theres an anaesthetist in the house somewhere....

on the other hand you could put on a DVD of my finest lectures... It is an anaesthetic only equalled by ketamine.
But Ketamine can give you Nightmares and Hallucinations - surely the lectures/lecturer aren't that scary?

But Ketamine can give you Nightmares and Hallucinations - surely the lectures/lecturer aren't that scary?

Appropriate.

Most of my students had nightmares and probably all on occasions would agree the speaker was hallucinating :shocked

lights03.gif

I am truly glad to see you getting back on form!:thumb:)

We have one of those rechargeable lights behind the driver seat can also be switched on to light the floor.
I find the torch quite handy when rummaging in the dark.
What I did find out was the little torch is magnetic :) It will stick to the bodywork etc.
Not a lotta people know that ;-)

We have one of those rechargeable lights behind the driver seat can also be switched on to light the floor.
I find the torch quite handy when rummaging in the dark.
What I did find out was the little torch is magnetic :) It will stick to the bodywork etc.
Not a lotta people know that ;-)
Have you found the 1st Aid Kit and Warning triangle etc: normally found on the back wall of the Kitchen cupboard nearest the wardrobe cabinet?

Have you found the 1st Aid Kit and Warning triangle etc: normally found on the back wall of the Kitchen cupboard nearest the wardrobe cabinet?
Yes found those, it was on our things to check list when we collected from the dealer. We still occasionally learn something new about the Cali.

I knew that our Cali's relevant fog light turns to show you the way round a corner but yesterday I discovered something else. You all probably know this so please stay with me as I am a bear of very little brain. I discovered that this feature illuminates after you have put the indicator on even when you are still going in a straight line. I surprised myself as normally I only concern myself with two issues when driving:
1. Aiming for the gaps and
2. Listening to ensure that the engine is still going brum brum brum.

If you have a manual and put it into 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear, and then slowly let off the clutch, the van will propel itself without having to use the accelerator. Useful in traffic queues, or where very low speed restrictions are in place on campsites etc.

I was told this is common with diesels, but coming from the petrol world came as a surprise to me.

If you have a manual and put it into 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear, and then slowly let off the clutch, the van will propel itself without having to use the accelerator. Useful in traffic queues, or where very low speed restrictions are in place on campsites etc.

I was told this is common with diesels, but coming from the petrol world came as a surprise to me.
Anti-stall feature. Diesels also have a lot of low down torque compared with a Petrol engine.
On my Defender you could put in 1st gear. Handbrake off. Clutch engaged and start the engine and it would just pull away. Even on a reasonable hill.

Anti-stall feature. Diesels also have a lot of low down torque compared with a Petrol engine.
On my Defender you could put in 1st gear. Handbrake off. Clutch engaged and start the engine and it would just pull away. Even on a reasonable hill.

I walkt next to Defender , with cords on the steering wheel thru the window
A person put it in 1st and hop out , we drove a parcours that way on each side one pulling the rope to change direction empty verhicle , it was special modificated Defender for shows.
Was at the launch of the , back then , new Td4 ( Ford) engine in the Defender.
Organised by LR Belgium.
Got pictures somewhere , need to look them up.

Would not try it on my Cali...:Nailbiting

"Coast" function doesn't work in Sport Mode. Only D on the DSG.

After covering my first 10'000 Km and being a little frustrated that the cruise control only increased/decreased in 10 Kmh steps, yesterday I discovered that if I repeatedly pushed the "RES" button on the MFSW, the set speed would increase in 1 Kmh increments, doh! :talktothehand :headbang

I walkt next to Defender , with cords on the steering wheel thru the window
A person put it in 1st and hop out , we drove a parcours that way on each side one pulling the rope to change direction empty verhicle , it was special modificated Defender for shows.
Was at the launch of the , back then , new Td4 ( Ford) engine in the Defender.
Organised by LR Belgium.
Got pictures somewhere , need to look them up.

Would not try it on my Cali...:Nailbiting
I used to do that on my Disco II, no modifications required, just low box..

Glove box1.jpg Glove box2.jpg Glove box3.jpg
Anyone know what this little black box is for in the Glove Box of a 2015 Cali? It has a plastic cover that pops off. There does not appear to be a back to the cavity so anything small placed in there might go into the abys.

I think it was for a vent from the AirCon to chill the glove box for your Sarnies and KitKat. :thumb

I think it was for a vent from the AirCon to chill the glove box for your Sarnies and KitKat. :thumb
Now you have got me all excited :) I will have to pop the cover off and put a thermometer inside and run the Air Con.

Back