Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What do you know that I don't about the california

Now you have got me all excited :) I will have to pop the cover off and put a thermometer inside and run the Air Con.
If there is no grill then not connected. I believe it was a past option now discontinued.

When on hook-up, the excess cable must not be kept coiled or bundled as the magnetic field created is a fire risk.

When on hook-up, the excess cable must not be kept coiled or bundled as the magnetic field created is a fire risk.
Not something followed by many both here and even more so abroad.

Not on mine. That is a box on the R side wall of the glove
like this one...
4bcd6a5e142cd.jpg

Mines a box with a USB connection and lead.

Not something followed by many both here and even more so abroad.

I have seen pics of vehicles with cable just piled on top of cable. Or talk about lengths of cable . . . . or spare cable wound on a wheel . . . . .

All cable should be unwound and spread out, or if need be, crossed at right angles to itself.

If you have Climatronic air con then don't forget the "Rest" button.
Very handy this time of year.
Arrive on site, roof up, engine off, press the button and it will blow warm air out. Uses the residual heat from the engine so will soon cool down but gives time for the diesel heater to get going.

Arrive on site, roof up, engine off, press the button and it will blow warm air out. Uses the residual heat from the engine so will soon cool down but gives time for the diesel heater to get going.

Don't have climatronic but thats a nice feature....
Great tip:thumb

Engine off, ignition back on you can then keep blowing warm air back into the vehicle for a few minutes without Climatronic.

Mind you can also use the Diesel Parking Heater whilst driving so you can fire it up when you arrive at Reception before parking up on your pitch.:thumb

Mind you can also use the Diesel Parking Heater whilst driving so you can fire it up when you arrive at Reception before parking up on your pitch.:thumb

Doing this a few miles before reaching your destination puts the high initial amps requirement back into leisure batteries before parking up.

I didn't know you could drive whilst using the auxiliary heater? Well, I've been a Cali owner for 9 years so just shows that you can teach an old dog new tricks!!

I didn't know you could drive whilst using the auxiliary heater? Well, I've been a Cali owner for 9 years so just shows that you can teach an old dog new tricks!!
I found out by accident a few years back, pulled up at the site and couldn't work out what the fan noise was then realised that I must've turned it on somehow while driving. I was wondering why it was so warm!

Back