Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I bought this from Vanstyle... there are many copies about but usually I have regretted buying the cheaper alternatives. I have always had really good service from Vanstyle and can recommend them.
Its always bit of an ouch for VW genuine parts at £50 inc VAT and postage.

Basically you remove the handle by undoing 2 T35 bolts and replacing with the holder. It comes with 2 PK type screws but I used the original long bolts in case I ever had to put the handle back. (realistically probably never)

It is only an outer plastic case and uses the soft roof lining to close against.

Cheers :)

Attachments

• IMG_7395.jpeg
    IMG_7395.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_7396.jpeg
    IMG_7396.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 95
FatBobs rug arrived yesterday after what seamed an eternity from ordering.. love it .. we did order it before seeing the campervanrugs split versions however were also ordering the front mats, carpet with a centre section to match..

fits perfectly and AWESOME Quality.
Look great, thanks for the tip. Did you go for the T6 - Rug set with VW logo, or the T6-1+1 seat cab rug with VW logo (plus a living area rug), which seems to have a longer central section for between the seats?
1607516350036.png

I replaced the drivers side roof grab handle with a genuine VW sunglasses holder. Never really used that handle to be honest and it is now a safe place for prescription sunglasses as the T6.1 dash is a bit confinedView attachment 70551.
In my T5.1 there's a sunglasses compartment directly on the underside of the central control panel unit. Has this been removed in the new california's?

In my T5.1 there's a sunglasses compartment directly on the underside of the central control panel unit. Has this been removed in the new california's?
@ThomasHJ
Goedamiddag :). (I lived in Eindhoven for 10yrs)

I replaced the drivers side roof grab handle with a genuine VW sunglasses holder. Never really used that handle to be honest and it is now a safe place for prescription sunglasses as the T6.1 dash is a bit confined.
Cheaper in China: €13.21
598d7d6f7b60625088f96133-9-large.jpg

Hello,
Would the china one fit the T6.1?
7 euros postage a piece.
Thanks

Bought some DC fix sticky back plastic to protect the cupboard doors, will be honest, thought the roll was just transparent when I picked it up, but as you can see it had a pattern, ended up liking it more this way for something different. Has a bit of a metallic look.

Attachments

• 07C25AB6-4481-4BA6-B1D5-B74A5A0BDD58.jpeg
    07C25AB6-4481-4BA6-B1D5-B74A5A0BDD58.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 124
Bought some DC fix sticky back plastic to protect the cupboard doors, will be honest, thought the roll was just transparent when I picked it up, but as you can see it had a pattern, ended up liking it more this way for something different. Has a bit of a metallic look.
Nice look :)

Bought and set up a vodaphone curve tracker product seems pretty good as well as App. Shame to say CS and billing all over the place !
The Curve is a great little low cost tracker solution. :)

Handling on the way home was good and didn’t notice it being harsher. Haven’t seen how it looks in the daylight yet.
Will your Cali be permanently loaded, ready to go camping? This will add significant weight mainly to the rear and change the way the springs respond.
In my case, as with many other Ocean, the van sag at the rear. This affects also the camber of the real wheels. I am considering instead putting slightly longer/harder spring at the back.

It’s useful to know that if the van is level, there will be less clearance at the rear wheel well than at the front, since the sheet metal of the rear is lower. If there is the same clearance front and back, the rear of the van will be jacked up in the air, less stable and in my opinion not a great look.

It’s useful to know that if the van is level, there will be less clearance at the rear wheel well than at the front, since the sheet metal of the rear is lower. If there is the same clearance front and back, the rear of the van will be jacked up in the air, less stable and in my opinion not a great look.
"sheet metal" do you mean the wheel arch ?
If so you are correct, but if the rear wheels have camber like " /----\ " than the rear is too low

A 22” lightbar, just need to find a Gromit in the firewall to get into the cabin area.
Anybody know how to get a wire from the cabin to the engine bay on a 6.1 ?

Rubber mat set (3) for the cockpit area, Comfortz Awning Room and a Groundsheet.

Back