Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Depends if we’re counting optional extras on my Cali factory order or just stuff i’ve added since taking delivery.
All the gear - no idea :)
I forget, is this your first Cali or are your purchases based on previous experience? They all seem very practical and are nearly all on my ultimate wish list...I just don’t have the budget to do it all at once!

How did you get on with your kitchen shelf? Did you go with the Velcro dots suggestion to keep things in place?

I forget, is this your first Cali or are your purchases based on previous experience? They all seem very practical and are nearly all on my ultimate wish list...I just don’t have the budget to do it all at once!

How did you get on with your kitchen shelf? Did you go with the Velcro dots suggestion to keep things in place?
Yes, my first Cali so lots of essentials needed from the outset and a few ‘nice to haves’. The Caliboard shelf is good, but in practice can only be used with the roof and top bed up. Very little clearance when the bed is down (but I knew that). Might well velcro a couple of low profile containers/trays on it in due course.

Yes, my first Cali so lots of essentials needed from the outset and a few ‘nice to haves’. The Caliboard shelf is good, but in practice can only be used with the roof and top bed up. Very little clearance when the bed is down (but I knew that). Might well velcro a couple of low profile containers/trays on it in due course.
We have resisted buying until we take delivery but I would be interested in a list of what you’ve added please and if there’s anything you think is essential to get before we pick our Cali up please.

Have you thought about the HD ARB’s make a big improvement along with the springs
I was also considering that but was sure I had read on here somewhere that they were already uprated on the 6.1. Is that not correct Breeze1?

Morning Graham, you may well be correct, I was just going on my own experience with my MY 19 and what a difference it made the two options together. It is worth having if not already installed.

I was also considering that but was sure I had read on here somewhere that they were already uprated on the 6.1. Is that not correct Breeze1?
I hear from Oli at Bognor Motors the 6.1 ARBs are well worth upgrading, but are different to T6 and so far are expensive at £600. He expects the price to drop. Coilovers for £1100 might be a good start to improve the ride, but he recommends both. He wasn’t very impressed I’d added Dynamic Chassis Control which he says does everything ok, nothing amazingly. He’d still lower it with eibach adjustable springs for £878.
The TVS DSG reprogramme also comes highly recommended for about £380, to better ensure you’re in the right gear at the right time, holding the gears rather than racing to the highest gear.

I hear from Oli at Bognor Motors the 6.1 ARBs are well worth upgrading, but are different to T6 and so far are expensive at £600. He expects the price to drop. Coilovers for £1100 might be a good start to improve the ride, but he recommends both. He wasn’t very impressed I’d added Dynamic Chassis Control which he says does everything ok, nothing amazingly. He’d still lower it with eibach adjustable springs for £878.
The TVS DSG reprogramme also comes highly recommended for about £380, to better ensure you’re in the right gear at the right time, holding the gears rather than racing to the highest gear.
Interesting - thanks Tim. I’m planning to see how the ride (and mainly roll) on 30mm lowering springs compares to the 6.1 we hired back in the summer. This was the only thing I didnt like about it - felt like the tyres were half inflated!

We have resisted buying until we take delivery but I would be interested in a list of what you’ve added please and if there’s anything you think is essential to get before we pick our Cali up please.
Hi Footy69,
I guess everybody has their own view of what’s essential but two of the best things we’ve bought are the slide out tray for the rear (makes access to ‘stuff’ much easier) and the extra drawers in the kitchen cupboard. Neither of these are cheap but well worth it we think because they just help with organising the van. Other costly additions we added are solar panels and front/rear dash cams (neither are essential but worthwhile if have the budget). A portapotti is something you’ll probably want and a Hookup cable is a must.
We’ve taken the view that we want the van to be fully equipped and ready to go, so have also bought:-
907 gas bottle
Pucer pop-top and windscreen covers.
Comfortz awning room.
Groundsheet
Levelling ramps (not sure if we’ll use them much. If not they’ll be left at home because they’re bulky).
Ladder (we’re less agile than we were)
Fire extinguisher
Carbon monoxide detector.
A few other bits and pieces.

Hi Footy69,
I guess everybody has their own view of what’s essential but two of the best things we’ve bought are the slide out tray for the rear (makes access to ‘stuff’ much easier) and the extra drawers in the kitchen cupboard. Neither of these are cheap but well worth it we think because they just help with organising the van. Other costly additions we added are solar panels and front/rear dash cams (neither are essential but worthwhile if have the budget). A portapotti is something you’ll probably want and a Hookup cable is a must.
We’ve taken the view that we want the van to be fully equipped and ready to go, so have also bought:-
907 gas bottle
Pucer pop-top and windscreen covers.
Comfortz awning room.
Groundsheet
Levelling ramps (not sure if we’ll use them much. If not they’ll be left at home because they’re bulky).
Ladder (we’re less agile than we were)
Fire extinguisher
Carbon monoxide detector.
A few other bits and pieces.
Helpful list. Thanks. Would you mind posting a link to the slide out rear drawer?

Helpful list. Thanks. Would you mind posting a link to the slide out rear drawer?
A few companies do them but I got mine from calicap.de
I went for a full width drawer because i have the second drawer in the bench seat. If you don’t have that and want to slide long things in i.e. skis, then you probably won’t want the full width slide out. Also, if you’re getting an Ocean with lounge bed facility then you need the version of slide out drawer that is 710mm deep.

Attachments

• 99018685-C4EE-4FB2-914E-AB9EB32FE389.png
    99018685-C4EE-4FB2-914E-AB9EB32FE389.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 49
A few companies do them but I got mine from calicap.de
I went for a full width drawer because i have the second drawer in the bench seat. If you don’t have that and want to slide long things in i.e. skis, then you probably won’t want the full width slide out. Also, if you’re getting an Ocean with lounge bed facility then you need the version of slide out drawer that is 710mm deep.
Thank you. Wow, pricey but convenient! Are you happy with it?

Thank you. Wow, pricey but convenient! Are you happy with it?
Really pleased with it. Quite a few club members have made their own. Not too difficult to do and much cheaper.

Interesting - thanks Tim. I’m planning to see how the ride (and mainly roll) on 30mm lowering springs compares to the 6.1 we hired back in the summer. This was the only thing I didnt like about it - felt like the tyres were half inflated!
The ARB’s will sort that out. More so than the lowering.

Last edited:
Thanks very much
Do you have the dimensions of the kitchen table?
I've found the table in the door dimensions - 89cm x 51cm
Recently ordered a 66cm x 50cm for the kitchen table, it was just large enough. For the table in the door I got 92cm x 53cm and that allowed some tolerance.

I didn't ordered yet but measured the exact dimensions of the tables inside the border:
- 88 x 50 cm for the outside table
- 65,5 x 46,7 for the kitchen table

Back