Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Fitted the auto light switch from Travelinlite. Super easy, less than five minutes from start to finish, and works a treat straight out of the box.
A bit of advice if you are also looking to do this mod, pop the switch out and check the size of the connector block before ordering. There are two sizes, small and large. I didn’t do this and just went by the website, subsequently the connector was too big.
A quick email to the company was quickly answered, and they sent the correct switch out same day, without me first having to return the first one.
The customer service from Travelinlite was excellent. Especially from Tom, I’l certainly be using them again.

Hi Gillian, these look great. I really like the idea, it’s much better than having to lift the big blind before opening the door. Were they easy to fit and is the fixing permanent? What do they look like from the outside?
They attach to the window frame by very slim adhesive magnet strips. The sliding window was easier and has 6 magnets but the fixed one had 4, two each side but none top or bottom because these caught and stopped the window sliding over it. They are stuck to the frame rather than the glass to prevent damage to the tinting if removed. You can choose silver or black backing. I chose black.
you don’t notice the magnets without the blinds as they are black too. If you would like more photos let me know.

If you would like more photos let me know.
LOVE these blinds how on earth did you find them?! A couple of pics of the magnets on the frame would be brilliant if you have a minute to take them.

I bought solar panels, as a lot of my stop overs will be off grid hopefully, also generator just incase it’s cloudy and will help with charging ebike batteries. And ordered a capac safari 2, with adaptors for high and low pressure, today its looking at mattress toppers , sleeping bags, hope new van arrives soon spare bedroom is going to be overflowing at this rate . Oh and looking to sort a half wrapp out for it as well ,

LOVE these blinds how on earth did you find them?! A couple of pics of the magnets on the frame would be brilliant if you have a minute to take them.
Alas, I can’t claim to be the one who found them. They were mentioned previously but as far as I know no one has bought the sliding door blinds.
I think my terminology is slightly incorrect. The magnets are sewn into the outside seam of the blinds and metallic strips are positioned round the window frame. Here are pics of the strips, the back of the blinds and what they look like from outside. Excuse the dirty van!

146C2BA1-B46D-434D-A3F4-52C5B57052F3.jpeg

38CB02AB-58BC-4793-9CB4-EBA7B4C91470.jpeg

C65FACCC-1170-4BF8-85ED-F9B02E70F491.jpeg

82972B3D-A4B5-49FD-98C0-8DD935976EE7.jpeg

8583020A-BB58-45B5-B237-1D5A834A38C6.jpeg

Thanks @GillianC. Do they fit really well i.e. block light out completely or are they a bit "gappy"? Also, does the adhesive for the metal strips seem super strong? Just wondering how easy it would be to remove the metal strips if you wanted to revert the van to its original state. Sorry for lots of questions :talktothehand

Thanks @GillianC. Do they fit really well i.e. block light out completely or are they a bit "gappy"? Also, does the adhesive for the metal strips seem super strong? Just wondering how easy it would be to remove the metal strips if you wanted to revert the van to its original state. Sorry for lots of questions :talktothehand
They fit really well.
It remains to be seen how easy they would be to remove! The web site gives instructions.
I can’t imagine ever wanting to remove them though as if these blinds got damaged I would get more made. They are so much better than the big door blind.

Mountain Warehouse microfibre towel (Giant) Dark Grey half price £11.99 (free delivery) perfect match to the T6.1 grey fabric. So now our dog can jump onto the easy washable towel when wet and dirty!!

View attachment 75228

VW rubber floor mats, bought via campervanbits, new mats in our T6.1 Ocean were getting muddy really quickly and not easy to clean, so these are perfect!

View attachment 75229
Its interesting to note that from your photos that the T6.1 Ocean either doesn't have the California foot step light (driver door step) or its now in a different position as the full step isnt in the photo.

Its interesting to note that from your photos that the T6.1 Ocean either doesn't have the California foot step light (driver door step) or its now in a different position as the full step isnt in the photo.
You are correct, its gone. I hadn't noticed that. there are no lights in the door pockets either which I understand some T6 had. You do get the illuminated footwells , not sure when I last needed a light to work out where the pedals were though!

I bought the length advised by someone on this forum elsewhere (toilet thread I guess) which is the ROK Straps 'Up to 60" / 1500mm' as pictured in my prior post. They were £15 inc P&P from ebay via windingroads-uk seller and arrived within 2-days pleasingly. Toilet (and chemicals) was cheapest from the site shop with VIP discount.

I bought the length advised by someone on this forum elsewhere (toilet thread I guess) which is the ROK Straps 'Up to 60" / 1500mm' as pictured in my prior post. They were £15 inc P&P from ebay via windingroads-uk seller and arrived within 2-days pleasingly. Toilet (and chemicals) was cheapest from the site shop with VIP discount.
Thanks JunglieD

Thanks. Does your insurance require it/offer a discount on premium?
Im insured with Comfort but didnt ask for it & dont suppose there will be any discount - its for my peace of mind

Thanks. Does your insurance require it/offer a discount on premium?
Insurers seldom offer a discount for items that require user interaction as it requires a human input to ensure the risk is reduced.

Roof bars from Carpervan Parts in Bideford - nice low profile wingbars!

Now I just need to work out how to load the kayaks on them :D

Back