Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

So what do you think?
I have two and been using them loads, very comfy and great to hold a cuppa too.
See pretty good, impressed with the quality of them and more comfortable than the Cali chairs. When we go away for longer trips I expect we'll still want something that reclines, but for having always to hand and for short trips they seem like a great solution.

See pretty good, impressed with the quality of them and more comfortable than the Cali chairs. When we go away for longer trips I expect we'll still want something that reclines, but for having always to hand and for short trips they seem like a great solution.
The more reviews of things will help others to decide, so glad you’re pleased.

So what do you think?
I have two and been using them loads, very comfy and great to hold a cuppa too.
I think they are fantastic, comfortable and well built, and great that they fit in the tailgate, only have one chair (as well as the two Cali chairs) and the gas struts cope with it, not sure how they would cope with two chairs in the tailgate think they might struggle in colder weather, anyone tried two with the Cali chairs ?

Could not get items from Germany in November last year. The company refused to sell into uk used Brexit as the reason. So tried to buy from UK. Last week saw the shelf I had originally wanted from Germany available from a Belgian supplier. No hassle came in a week and cheaper than from the German supplier. Now fitted really strong and neat finish. Looking forward to a day out in Portsmouth at the kite festival on Sunday to try it out.

View attachment 82679

View attachment 82680

View attachment 82681

View attachment 82682
Hi, What seat covers are these? Do they have access for isofix? Thank you

Looking forward to seeing them on your van. Need to know that the jacking points are clear and how easy they were to fit. Eva is lowered 30mm like yours so will be keen to hear your comments.
Hi @This Eva. The bars arrived this morning and I have already fitted them. Straightforward to fit and the jacking points are clear.
Quality looks very good and at about 1/4 the price of the genuine VW ones I’m really pleased with them. Time will tell as to how they withstand the elements but being polished stainless steel they should fair well.

You’ll need an 8mm socket to remove the under-tray screws. They are quite deeply recessed so you’ll need an extender bar on your socket wrench. You’ll need a 13mm socket for the side bar fixings. I used a pair of tin-snips to cut the plastic under-tray where necessary (2 places each side where the side-bars bolt to the brackets). Time taken was about 2 hours.

BTW It would be a good idea to clean the underside of the sills before fitting the bars. I didn’t and the dirty sills are reflected in the bars. I’m sure I can clean them with the bars fitted but just a bit more of a fiddle.

26AB8D30-80E6-4CD0-BA3C-399D9EAB9969.jpeg

78E5C53F-A0CF-425E-B630-774C7B577887.jpeg

26B509B4-E075-4283-BAD7-6559D2E53ADF.jpeg

3E4A95A3-99A3-461C-A2D9-B146D0903F1B.jpeg

AA17BBEF-CB83-4BD2-B4EC-D53B68682CE1.jpeg

Last edited:
GG thanks very much for the in depth post. I think they look great and seem little work to add an additional side detail. Regards

Hi, What seat covers are these? Do they have access for isofix? Thank you
They are Inka covers from the club shop. Only used the rear one as the Dog is allowed on the bench seat. Search the site lots of owners are happy with them. M

GG thanks very much for the in depth post. I think they look great and seem little work to add an additional side detail. Regards
Very pleased with them @This Eva.
Realised after fitting them that ground clearance is reduced by about 30mm, so with the 30mm lowering springs that’s obviously a 60mm reduction. Measured the clearance below the side bars at 210mm. Don’t anticipate any problems but might need to watch out on very bumpy campsites (and very aggressive speed bumps).

We have two, seems ok at the moment although it is noticeable that you have to push it up the last few degrees. Stays in places once it's there. But then it's warm at the moment.

Well, warm for the UK!

I think they are fantastic, comfortable and well built, and great that they fit in the tailgate, only have one chair (as well as the two Cali chairs) and the gas struts cope with it, not sure how they would cope with two chairs in the tailgate think they might struggle in colder weather, anyone tried two with the Cali chairs ?

e

Very pleased with them @This Eva.
Realised after fitting them that ground clearance is reduced by about 30mm, so with the 30mm lowering springs that’s obviously a 60mm reduction. Measured the clearance below the side bars at 210mm. Don’t anticipate any problems but might need to watch out on very bumpy campsites (and very aggressive speed bumps).
Hi again @This Eva here’s a side on picture which gives a better view of the newly fitted side bars. The van is fully loaded with stuff for our forthcoming trip to Devon so is sitting as low as it ever will. You can see what I mean about losing some ground clearance as the bars sit under the chassis. (I think this is the same for all side bars).

373E7CD3-3D0A-4838-825A-A8714BE6277F.jpeg

Fitted my Thule VeloSpace XT 3 bike rack. Had to move the wire straps to the second position to fold it down enough for the tailgate to open. Pleased with it but now need to build up my arm muscles to operate the locking arm - it requires a lot of force even when adjusted to the minimum setting. Wall brackets in the garage to store it is the next job.

View attachment 73915
Add red wine, scented candles and Barry White on the stereo for a love nest :)
Hi I've also purchased the same bike rack. Interesting to know how you store your rack in the garage thanks

Just bought a ridgemonkey XL after seeing loads of people on here with them, OMG why haven't I bought this before, they're actually amazing!!! Think i might get a 2nd so I can have 2 on the go.

Hi I've also purchased the same bike rack. Interesting to know how you store your rack in the garage thanks
haha tell me about the storage, mines on the floor in the shed atm. I need to organise my shed better to make packing for trips a bit speedier - but i'll do it in winter :D

Hi again @This Eva here’s a side on picture which gives a better view of the newly fitted side bars. The van is fully loaded with stuff for our forthcoming trip to Devon so is sitting as low as it ever will. You can see what I mean about losing some ground clearance as the bars sit under the chassis. (I think this is the same for all side bars).

View attachment 83036
We've never hit ours, had em on for 2 years, but we don't have the lowered springs. They come very close to our drive though, but just close enough :D

Hi @Bill I just store it on the floor of my shed. Some people have I think bolted a towball to their garage wall to store bike racks - obviously needs very solid fixings.

Bed upgrade T6 Beach : from wooden slats (original T6) upper bed to OEM T6.1 Froli system - (posted details in new thread)

View attachment 82150

View attachment 82153
How much did it cost to replace?/Did you replace yourself? I normally sleep up top and I find the slats so uncomfortable, dead shoulder in the night etc. TBF i am 6ft 5 and about 16 stone so it's no wonder but I would love a comfier night's sleep.

Hi @Bill I just store it on the floor of my shed. Some people have I think bolted a towball to their garage wall to store bike racks - obviously needs very solid fixings.
Thanks, considering options will post the outcome

A lanyard (well it is for a Beach).
Strangely, it says "do not wear around the neck".

View attachment 78991
My old place of work used to warn us about wearing out passes on lanyards in the car, apparently it's the airbag going off and the keys being pressed into your chest that's the problem, so I was told. I did ask why they bothered to introduce them if they were introducing a safety hazard but they looked at me like i had three heads. What's the saying about common sense not being too common?

Back