Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Is it an S2S Van Size? If yes, I cannot find them in Italy and it is impossible to have them sent to me from other EU countries, otherwise tell me the brand, thank you
Hi, I think backpacking-united ship pretty much worldwide so might be worth giving them a try. They are showing out of stock at the moment, so it would be a case of keep checking for new stock - they sell out very quickly. Web link below
Good luck

03b057c6ff934c1d8af30472c393a8f4.jpg

Snacks for the journey.
Not going anywhere yet but you can’t be too careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed 2 x Renogy 100ah LifePo4 batteries as they're currently £589 each for the self-heating ones for all weather. They're also doing the standard 100Ah without heating for only £499!
now on day 3 and power worries have vanished. utterly amazing change

Envoyé de mon SM-N981B en utilisant Tapatalk
Need to change mine as in the winter even with 100w solar a weekend away without hookup always has some worries but over 1k for 2 is steep.
Is it worth it?

03b057c6ff934c1d8af30472c393a8f4.jpg

Snacks for the journey.
Not going anywhere yet but you can’t be too careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so close to perfection but for me it was scampi fries lol THEN that would be the perfect photo :) :)

Today I’ve ordered some VW waterproof seat covers to use when I take out my daughters dog and some rubber mats to use in winter

They look nice ! Are they rated for the California?
Yes, ordered direct from our local VW Commercial van dealer. 18 x 8, ET50, 5 x 120, bore 65.1mm and load rated for the Cali. Other rims are also available.

Link below.

No other charger changes are necessary as they have extremely high grade battery management systems on board with safety for all manner of scenarios. I have a 2017 Ocean which had the LA80 AGM 80Ah batteries on board and I did a straight swap of the integrated split charger to a Victron 12-12-30 DC-DC charger so they charge up a little quicker when I drive (I'm a full time vanlifer) bit the VW split charger and EHU charger are absolutely fine with these.
Mine are topped up with 3 x 100W solar panels throughout the day too, as a personal choice, to enable the 100% off-grid at all times use I have.
The batteries do not have the big pillar connectors, instead they have an M8 sized bolt which is much easier to work with but will mean the van pillar connectors wont fit. You will need to buy some short connector cables for the bolts and a way of insulating the post connectors on the van.
This sounds like a headache but it truly isn't. plenty of space in both locations to do this and is straight forward. don't let this dissuade if you're looking for a worry free power supply.

Som you replaced 80ah batteries with 100ah? Are the smaller than the original? I thought they would give twice the capacity for the size?

A set of Tefal stackable fry and saucepans for our Cali. Had to get the wife's approval, since she's the principle panhandler! This set looks very good and suitable for house use as well. We were looking at various camping sets that stacked and had folding handles but this appears to beat them all on all points. We don't need all the pans in the Cali but some will stay home!

Tefal Ingenio Préférence Set.​

Just installed 2 x Renogy 100ah LifePo4 batteries as they're currently £589 each for the self-heating ones for all weather. They're also doing the standard 100Ah without heating for only £499!
now on day 3 and power worries have vanished. utterly amazing change

How did you secure the battery underneath the seat?

How did you secure the battery underneath the seat?
The existing bracket holds it really well albeit at a slightly steeper angle. I place some rubber there for grip.
Been a few weeks now - these batteries are utterly brilliant. All power worries have vanished and they charge sooooooooo quickly! Even a short driving journey gives them a huge boost.

Som you replaced 80ah batteries with 100ah? Are the smaller than the original? I thought they would give twice the capacity for the size?
They're the same size roughly but with 20ah more capacity. They do give twice the usable capacity. Lead acid AGM get tired very quickly when discharged below 50% and need replacing much sooner so you have to charge them back up at 50%.
Lithium Phosphate can be discharged to 10%/20% which means you can use almost double the available charge. In theory I only needed to get one Lithium Phosphate to replace both of my AGMs but I wanted lots of power to last two weeks without charging just in case.
In reality the solar and engine keeps topping them up and very very quickly because they charge super fast (lead acid starts to slow down and resists charging when it gets to 80%)

Back