Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Need to change mine as in the winter even with 100w solar a weekend away without hookup always has some worries but over 1k for 2 is steep.
Is it worth it?
You won't be replacing them again, power worries vanish and you can be reassured you can run any appliance if you grabbed an inverter also.

Envoyé de mon SM-N981B en utilisant Tapatalk

Just ordered the Britstops book for 2022. Some great stopovers, not just pubs, which we wouldn’t be able to stay at otherwise.

Just ordered the Britstops book for 2022. Some great stopovers, not just pubs, which we wouldn’t be able to stay at otherwise.

Can you see anywhere open in the New Forrest tonight…? All the campsites seem to be closed :rolleyes:

Went to the show at the NEC yesterday, bought a few bits. The main thing was a Coleman Air awning. Impressive kit. Not something we'll use every trip but whenever my son, his fiancee and our grandson (2) come along, it'll be grand.

Went to the show at the NEC yesterday, bought a few bits. The main thing was a Coleman Air awning. Impressive kit. Not something we'll use every trip but whenever my son, his fiancee and our grandson (2) come along, it'll be grand.
Would be interested to know how you get on putting it up/taking it down @Loz2286

Would be interested to know how you get on putting it up/taking it down @Loz2286
No problem, but I don't get it until June...global transport issues..... It looked straightforward enough. They only do them right handed so with the Cali the rear of the van would be the same end as the awning front. Not an issue for us, I prefer to be nose in on a pitch anyway.

Coleman® Journeymaster Deluxe Air XL Driveaway Awning - How to pitch

I'll do a full unboxing report when I get it.

Last edited:
An extension 12 volt plug with 3 12 volts outlets and 4 USB ports. Plugged into the 12 volt plug near the back seat door side, this has an on off switch when not in use. Think I might buy one for the boot as well sometime.

An extension 12 volt plug with 3 12 volts outlets and 4 USB ports. Plugged into the 12 volt plug near the back seat door side, this has an on off switch when not in use. Think I might buy one for the boot as well sometime.
Can I ask which one you went for? I look at these regularly but cant decide on which one. Ideally something small that I could mount with 3M tape, that has a switch and the cable exiting the plug at right angles to ensure it clears the bench when moved? Keen to see which one you went for. (Although I reckon I have seen most of the Amazon offerings) :)

I’ll take a picture of it in place tomorrow for you I have used Velcro dots to hold it in place also one for the wire which I’ve put in the cup holder under the seat. Like you I wanted one not too big as you will see tomorrow this is just right.

70D7B822-FD92-4FCA-8A4D-903E4C0255ED.png

We was thinking about getting one still undecided, what is the cost now and have you has one before ? Seams from on here that they never ask for proof that you are a member ?

This is ours. Very useful for charging phones etc. 3 x 12v sockets and 4 x USB ports. Makes good use of the 12v socket by the bench seat which is normally quite inaccessible. I think the brand is Lomoy? Right angled 12V plug with illuminated on/off switch.
I added a reminder sticker as they advise to switch off before starting the engine, but when i’ve forgotten it’s been fine.

F28EB41C-A82E-4C84-B374-7A0D3EA090ED.jpeg

99C865F4-EF78-4954-AEC5-B3AA1D4337E8.jpeg

4E2658F4-07C5-4375-857B-24FE6959A619.jpeg

This is ours. Very useful for charging phones etc. 3 x 12v sockets and 4 x USB ports. Makes good use of the 12v socket by the bench seat which is normally quite inaccessible. I think the brand is Lomoy? Right angled 12V plug with illuminated on/off switch.
I added a reminder sticker as they advise to switch off before starting the engine, but when i’ve forgotten it’s been fine.

View attachment 89550

View attachment 89551

View attachment 89552
Thanks @GrumpyGranddad You did well to find one with a switch and the right angled plug.

View attachment 89550

View attachment 89551

View attachment 89552
I plug mine into the dash 12v, just before starting the van. it gives a visual indication of the starter battery health And the charging profile of the smart alternator.
you can use it to monitor the voltage output from the Alternator whilst driving, which is useful to confirm if van is or is not in regen.(volta output from the Alternator is a constant 15v (ish) whilst in regen.

Britstops book arrived today. The book contained a code for an app that can only be used on one device. Not sure if I will get much use out of it if I’m honest but I think it’s worth a shot for a year. In the grand scheme of things it’s not that expensive.

Plenty on flea bay with right angle & switch

View attachment 89563
Be careful buying electric stuff off eBay etc as some stuff are dodgy, someone on here had one melt and was lucky his Cali didn’t go up in flames.
I only use ring or belkin products sold in likes of Halfords not worth the risk.

Britstops book arrived today. The book contained a code for an app that can only be used on one device. Not sure if I will get much use out of it if I’m honest but I think it’s worth a shot for a year. In the grand scheme of things it’s not that expensive.
Same here you will get your money back in a couple of nights staying at one of these

Back