Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Today we bought a BUNCH

Campervan bits side entrance / pas / drivers door carpets, (need a good solution for holding them down / any ideas?)

Living area carpet from SimplyCar mats (£95 for the boot / 3rail living area / and full front cab carpet mat)

Inka Leatherette second skins
Not sure how well they'll go but can't stand the so easily stained original grey and blue seats.
I've scoured this forum high and low to see if anyone's bought them and posted an image, but haven't found one yet. Will deffo post here once got em and fitted them.

Comfortz Leisure Cali Thermal wrap - Arrived today and had a good look, not fitted yet but for sure looks fantastic quality.

Debating getting a ridge monkey and Thule tie down straps kit next.

Did a little photoshop to pre-vis what the seat covers might look like, once they eventually arrive that is, gonna be a while though I think.
I think they'll go well with the old yellowy kitchen unit of the 2008 model :)

Originals_01.png

Seat Covers Visualised.png

InkaSeatCovers.png

Then we are thinking the opposite, I figure the top bike holder is too much of a hassle, rear door cant be mounted with four bikes on etc.
Yes, there are pros and cons and it depends how you use your van ,as always. I did think about putting a box on the top rack (modified) and use a towbar bike carrier. But that means, for my situation, a lot more hassle as I would have the box always on the rack , and every time I need to carry bikes I have to attach first the tow bar and then the bike carrier (I'm talking here daily bike trips). I do love to have the bike carrier always available and the box would only be used in wet or long hols. The purpose of the box is to carry light dirty /wet stuff, like ramps, screen cover, gas cartridges (i don't want them in the van), dirty shoes, etc.

03b057c6ff934c1d8af30472c393a8f4.jpg

Snacks for the journey.
Not going anywhere yet but you can’t be too careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rash(er)board

I bought a Storage cube from Dunelm for my Porta Potti.
Makes a good foot stool as well.

View attachment 90000

View attachment 90001
We put the storage cube over the porta potti upside down and just lift it off when needed. Means you don’t have to cut a hole in the storage cube and makes it much easier to move the toilet for emptying etc.

We put the storage cube over the porta potti upside down and just lift it off when needed. Means you don’t have to cut a hole in the storage cube and makes it much easier to move the toilet for emptying etc.
Same here, also have a thick plastic bag over the base in case of any spills during transit...

I bought these little rubber bobble stickers on Amazon to try and stop all the rattles in the back. In general, it’s nice and quiet in the Cali, but on the bumpy country roads, it’s like having a brass band in the back. Five minutes of sticking bobbles everywhere and peace and quiet has been restored!!

488000FB-B1D1-4DEC-87E5-9627F3C3A89A.jpeg

7D8C20A3-5713-421F-A5F6-171F186A4328.jpeg

63479813-ABE3-48F8-94DD-115DA48FE8AE.jpeg

0CEB1A34-8E40-40B6-AB02-3D908BBAAE90.jpeg

I bought these little rubber bobble stickers on Amazon to try and stop all the rattles in the back. In general, it’s nice and quiet in the Cali, but on the bumpy country roads, it’s like having a brass band in the back. Five minutes of sticking bobbles everywhere and peace and quiet has been restored!!

View attachment 90010

View attachment 90011

View attachment 90012

View attachment 90013

I did exactly the same a few weeks back, it perhaps is the best value for the pennies ever. It is so quiet now. Amazing how the little rattles add up.

Finally been to IKEA to buy the storage boxes ala California Time ( thanks Wil and Sarah ) went for one of the smoked finish boxes to slightly see the contents. Plus Skubb 6 set for main pull out drawer

View attachment 90010

View attachment 90011

View attachment 90012

View attachment 90013

View attachment 90010

View attachment 90011

View attachment 90012

View attachment 90013
Great idea, Any chance you can attach a link?

Half a tank of fuel
Couldn't afford a full one
Diesel is £1.69 a litre here, Wednesday we are off to friends in Scarborough, it will be a game of spotting pump prices on route.

View attachment 90010

View attachment 90011

View attachment 90012

View attachment 90013
I am new to the cali , have lots of rattling but just cannot tell from the pics where you have put them , could you elaborate more , thanks

Back