Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Comfortz silver thermal windscreen cover from the forum shop. A black version is also available. I would have thought that the silver option would always be preferable for its thermal properties. I must be missing something here :(

Comfortz silver thermal windscreen cover from the forum shop. A black version is also available. I would have thought that the silver option would always be preferable for its thermal properties. I must be missing something here :(
Silver on the back, black on the front? I spin mine around for reflecting the suns beefy rays, then the black side for winter camping

We went to Ikea to see what all the hype was about - Came out with a paper thin chopping board, a silicone pastry brush and a silicone spatula for the new van. 2 Hours fighting our way out for a grand spend of £2.60!

Actually bought this a couple of weeks ago but just got back from a trip to test it (couple of thousand miles around the Alps/Dolomites).

Cheapo little (40cm square) table for ad-hoc drinks etc. A bit more Riviera-like than the big Cali table when stopping by a lake for light lunch, or for that crucial first beer on arrival in camp. Also good for putting the Cobb cooker on, so it looks less like a BBQ on French campsites. Stows neatly inside one of the camping chairs in the tailgate.

upload_2018-8-13_14-57-24.png
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X597ENE/?tag=eliteelect-21

14 quid from Amazon, well pleased with a Valuable Addition To Our Modern Lifestyle as Wallace would say.

Great- just ordered one. Thanks for the tip!

Great- just ordered one. Thanks for the tip!

If you stow it inside one of the chairs, it seems to fit best by putting the legs/seat bit on top of the tabletop bit and then sliding the whole caboodle in gently, legs first.

But when getting it out again, Mrs VD says I should have reminded her that the tabletop bit is loose (ours now has a small battle scar).

Reactions: Mo!
B4E41301-AADB-4CC7-8509-69444D497205.jpeg Go Outdoors recently had the V6 Dyson 12v version on sale, but I didn’t fancy paying so much for a Cali vacuum when I have a good dustpan n brush.
I ordered this for £23 instead and it’s brilliant!! Well impressed with how strong it is and the 12 volt cable is actually a decent length.

Bought a pair of stainless steel wine goblets. We don’t like plastic picnic glasses so usually take glass with us. We thought we would give these a try to see what they are like. Probably be trying them out later today! They shouldn’t taint the flavour of our drinks and should be a lot less delicate than thin glass. Time will tell.

B235A653-E219-4B8A-8FCE-2BE40084411F.jpeg

Nice Grey QTM carpets throughout, now worried about what mat to put on top to protect the carpet Argghhh

Bought a pair of stainless steel wine goblets. We don’t like plastic picnic glasses so usually take glass with us. We thought we would give these a try to see what they are like. Probably be trying them out later today! They shouldn’t taint the flavour of our drinks and should be a lot less delicate than thin glass. Time will tell.

View attachment 36591

Amen
;)

Last edited:

View attachment 36591
We’re they a success??

We’re they a success??
Hi Steve&Bev.

We have just returned home from a few days away. This time we used only the stainless steel goblets for cold drinks, all our other glasses were left at home. We have tried them with white wine, red wine, beer, raspberry lemonade and ginger beer. All tasted just as they should and we really like them. Unfortunately we didn’t get around to the gin and tonic but I am sure that would have been good too. These are definitely a hit with us and we will keep them in the van all the time.

We seem to now have a shelf dedicated to stainless steel items. We also have a cafetière, an espresso pot and a milk frother which we use in both the house and van.

Got new chrome covers for wing mirrors

View attachment 36868

Like them. Only slightly off topic as coming up out of Lynmouth today, narrow and traveling very slowly, so intent on the traffic on my right I just clipped the near side wing mirror on a telegraph pole, the mearest scuff and it folded itself up. Result.

Mike

More details please....where from and do they clip on or require open heart surgery?
Got them from SMG Cowfold whilst I was having one of the hydraulic rams in the roof replaced. £15 fitted + VAT for the pair so a bargain compared to VW’s normal rip off prices. They were a bargain because they have been taken off new Amorak pick up trucks where people wanted the standard chrome trim replaced with black ones to match their black trucks. Rather than bin the chrome trims which also fit T5.1 & T6 mirrors the spares department are selling them on at a discount price. They are normally £26 + VAT each.

Got them from SMG Cowfold whilst I was having one of the hydraulic rams in the roof replaced. £15 fitted + VAT for the pair so a bargain compared to VW’s normal rip off prices. They were a bargain because they have been taken off new Amorak pick up trucks where people wanted the standard chrome trim replaced with black ones to match their black trucks. Rather than bin the chrome trims which also fit T5.1 & T6 mirrors the spares department are selling them on at a discount price. They are normally £26 + VAT each.
SMG fitted the new chrome trim but it’s an easy diy job. Just pull mirror glass off and then ease the black plastic bezel off the housing. It’s then just two screws to release the lower black mirror trim and the reverse to fit new chrome lower trim

A Whale water pump.
The original one packed up on the first day in Robin Hood's Bay - wonderful timing! A quick search on this forum and I had all the information that I needed to locate it and the fuse, decide not to buy a more expensive VW original replacement, and fit the replacement.

Very many thanks to everyone who has posted about water pump problems and how to solve them.

6CCED8EC-172A-4F76-8B21-E3942E5AF325.jpeg
We too went for the drawer from Calicap.de. It is the 80 cm version so the back seat is 2-3 cm further forward than standard. There is a cross support under the drawer, close to the back of the van, but it is secured in the rails close to the seat.
We bought some nice euro boxes too, but made at slight mistake. Since the drawer extends further than the shelf, then the seatbelt guide on the left hand of the back seat is over the drawer, when the bed is made. So at that point there is much less space for a box than under the rest of shelf. So one of the boxes does not fit:(. But otherwise it is a really nice setup and suits our needs well. The idea with the 2 boxes on top of each other is boots and shoes in the bottom and rain gear in the top. Wet clothes do not drain in the boots and muddy boots do not touch the jackets and trousers.
View attachment 36274 View attachment 36275 View attachment 36276 View attachment 36277
Thanks very much for all the info Loz!

• Thanks
Reactions: Loz
Hi Steve&Bev.

We have just returned home from a few days away. This time we used only the stainless steel goblets for cold drinks, all our other glasses were left at home. We have tried them with white wine, red wine, beer, raspberry lemonade and ginger beer. All tasted just as they should and we really like them. Unfortunately we didn’t get around to the gin and tonic but I am sure that would have been good too. These are definitely a hit with us and we will keep them in the van all the time.

We seem to now have a shelf dedicated to stainless steel items. We also have a cafetière, an espresso pot and a milk frother which we use in both the house and van.
Where did you get the stainless steel wine glasses from?

Back