Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

kampa-mains-roller-reel-240v-electric-hook-up-lead-10159-p.jpg
To go with the Vango Awning!

Good evening,

I wanted to arrange better access to the full boot space so I got the drawer from CaliCap, Germany.

upload_2018-7-31_21-22-15.png

Today I went almost to Galway to get the best set of Euro boxes to make most of the space:
upload_2018-7-31_21-23-17.png

The drawer was easily installed and looks great. I decided to leave the board on the lower settings, which will have an influence on boot space. I got 6x Euro boxes 400x300x290 and 4x Euro boxes 300x200x120, which I believe gets most out of the available space.
When we are out and about the left 2x boxes will be replaced with 2x of the smaller boxes and (hold on now..) a microwave. :).

Regards,
Eberhard

Apart from key-less and electric closure of the tail gate that's number one on the wish list.

I got wind deflectors added by VW Eurovans at Crawley while having a new awning installed. The 'old' one came unstuck in the hot weather. Unknown to me, they ordered the new awning based on my description so all done in one visit, RESULT! Very impressed with Eurovans so far.

Good evening,

I wanted to arrange better access to the full boot space so I got the drawer from CaliCap, Germany.

View attachment 36080

Today I went almost to Galway to get the best set of Euro boxes to make most of the space:
View attachment 36081

The drawer was easily installed and looks great. I decided to leave the board on the lower settings, which will have an influence on boot space. I got 6x Euro boxes 400x300x290 and 4x Euro boxes 300x200x120, which I believe gets most out of the available space.
When we are out and about the left 2x boxes will be replaced with 2x of the smaller boxes and (hold on now..) a microwave. :).

Regards,
Eberhard
Hi there - do you know if it it still possible easily to push the rear bench all the way back with this installed?
All the best

Hi there - do you know if it it still possible easily to push the rear bench all the way back with this installed?
All the best

Hello,

CaliCap offer two sizes. One size will allow you to push the bench fully back, but the internal drawer size is not ideal for euro boxes. I decided to go for the bigger size. This makes the best out of the space, but the bench cannot be fully pushed back anymore. It is just 2 - 3 cm. So far I can't see a problem with this.

Regards,
Eberhard

We bought our Cali a friend today ...:)

F3BC1A09-A00F-4AE2-BC3F-C2F5C2EC03F4.jpeg
Tall slim model and a short fat one!

Well, really an assisted purchase for No 2 son, and granddaughter wasted no time making herself at home!
1D4E8590-5CBA-4935-973A-7CA416345049.png I must say, the Auto-Sleeper is very homely compared to the German conversion. It’s a 2001, loads of cupboards and equipment includes a heater!

Hello,

CaliCap offer two sizes. One size will allow you to push the bench fully back, but the internal drawer size is not ideal for euro boxes. I decided to go for the bigger size. This makes the best out of the space, but the bench cannot be fully pushed back anymore. It is just 2 - 3 cm. So far I can't see a problem with this.

Regards,
Eberhard
Hi thanks for the detailed response that’s most kind. Could you explain what you mean by the 2-3cm? Can it still be pushed back a long way? We have the fifth seat so like to push it back regularly for the kids to have legroom.
Thanks and all the best

Good morning,

Let me try to add some pictures in order to answer your question:

upload_2018-8-5_12-8-46.png

In the picture you see the bench in the most back position. In comparison without the tray in the boot the bench is about 2 - 3 cm further.
So far this doesn't bother me, but I don't use the 5th seat (which is in the garage). I believe there is still enough room left for a 5th seat, but obviously it is a bit less room.

upload_2018-8-5_12-11-49.png

This picture shows the tray in the boot position. Just as close to the door as possible.
upload_2018-8-5_12-13-5.png

This picture shows that the slider of the tray is as close to the bench (again in the most backward position) as possible.

I hope these pictures make it a bit clearer. Maybe you would like to have a look at the manufacturers webpage: https://shop.vwcamper.de/heckauszuege/264/calidrawer-ocean-heckauszug. There are more (and better) pictures.

Regards,
Eberhard

Good morning,

View attachment 36223

In the picture you see the bench in the most back position. In comparison without the tray in the boot the bench is about 2 - 3 cm further.
So far this doesn't bother me, but I don't use the 5th seat (which is in the garage). I believe there is still enough room left for a 5th seat, but obviously it is a bit less room.

View attachment 36224

This picture shows the tray in the boot position. Just as close to the door as possible.
View attachment 36225

This picture shows that the slider of the tray is as close to the bench (again in the most backward position) as possible.

I hope these pictures make it a bit clearer. Maybe you would like to have a look at the manufacturers webpage: https://shop.vwcamper.de/heckauszuege/264/calidrawer-ocean-heckauszug. There are more (and better) pictures.

Regards,
Eberhard
Thanks so much for taking the time to write that. All very clear we will be getting one! All the best

Good morning,

View attachment 36223

View attachment 36224

View attachment 36225

Regards,
Eberhard

Don’t suppose you could take more pictures of the frame please. I would like to copy this.
Is it fixed front and back to the sliding rails...?

I'm Mr No DIY so bought one of these as well and it is a lot but has honestly made a load of difference to our trips.

If you have a search on here there were at least 2 users who created DIY versions and provided very good reports on how they created theirs and what parts they used

Don’t suppose you could take more pictures of the frame please. I would like to copy this.
Is it fixed front and back to the sliding rails...?

I wanted a bit more light than my comforts awning gave me, so got a Thule G2 Residence Room yesterday. Did a quick test at home, found it easy to set up.

73018F3D-C8ED-40C3-8E7F-BAFDF8C7381D.jpeg

you will have to ring the shop these are very limited supply so are not advertised
It is a big improvement over the comfort mattress

it's only fixed at the rear of the tray (closest to the seat) and uses the turn screws part from the vw cool box mounting plate.

The last one I built, I fixed it into the rails front and back.
Sounds like the rear only fixing is enough. Just wondering how they did there cross supports. Just out of interest to compare what I did last time. Need to look at building another for my Ocean :thumb

I'm not sure the frame does have cross supports as the tray screws directly to each bracket/slider rather than sitting in/on a frame. This video shows the base...

The last one I built, I fixed it into the rails front and back.
Sounds like the rear only fixing is enough. Just wondering how they did there cross supports. Just out of interest to compare what I did last time. Need to look at building another for my Ocean :thumb

Yeah, looks like no cross support.
B756D33D-D410-49D1-89F7-E8D18C17EBBE.png

However, it looks like they do lock into the rails half way down.

This was the previous one I did for my Beach. It is quite different and the original one above maximises the space better. So I could definitely improve my next build.

E205BB11-355E-49EB-8269-0B2959A3865E.jpeg

Yeah, looks like no cross support.
View attachment 36251

However, it looks like they do lock into the rails half way down.

This was the previous one I did for my Beach. It is quite different and the original one above maximises the space better. So I could definitely improve my next build.

View attachment 36252

I am looking forward to you going into mass production for this. I have taken a ticket and patiently queuing. :thumb

631765CC-FEC1-44D4-8A8B-924331C8ED0A.jpeg A sheet from Lidl which fits over the downstairs VW Comfort mattress. You can fold the mattress with it on. £4.99.
I was hoping for a brighter colour (my other one is blue) but this size was only available in Cali grey...

Back