Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

4x4 joker

4x4 joker

VW T6.1 Westfalia Club Joker 4motion
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Copied you again and bought the bonnet guard and Matt black badges… but couldn’t resist Stu@rt’s suggestion of Plasti- Dip.. £11 from Amazon. So just gone initially for ‘Plasti- Dipping’ the front and rear badges and the two chrome grill strips and see how it lasts. Doesn’t look too bad but tedious taping then layering coats with the half an hour wait between sprays.

View attachment 93310

View attachment 93311

View attachment 93312
How’s that dip stuff holding on, still ok? I saw a old transporter parked up what must of used similar on its front badge and it was all flaking off.
So not sure now about doing the front grills. May buy the black kit on eBay it’s £50 (ish)

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
How’s that dip stuff holding on, still ok? I saw a old transporter parked up what must of used similar on its front badge and it was all flaking off.
So not sure now about doing the front grills. May buy the black kit on eBay it’s £50 (ish)
It's still great but my wife said she thought an all black grill looked like something was missing! Funny enough, I sort of knew what she saying so peeled off the grill strips which wasn't as easy as I was expecting. I suspect they would have stayed on for some time unless I'd put some solvent/alcohol based fluid on the surface. I've left it on the badges. They are still 'solid'.

IMG_9673.jpeg

4x4 joker

4x4 joker

VW T6.1 Westfalia Club Joker 4motion
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
It's still great but my wife said she thought an all black grill looked like something was missing! Funny enough, I sort of knew what she saying so peeled off the grill strips which wasn't as easy as I was expecting. I suspect they would have stayed on for some time unless I'd put some solvent/alcohol based fluid on the surface. I've left it on the badges. They are still 'solid'.

View attachment 93659
I’ve gone for just one chrome strip at the mo. Think it looks good all black if the led lenser spots are fitted, but don’t want to spend a small fortune on them so may just leave it like this49D0C64E-E394-49AC-8C1A-DCDE0C0C4A37.jpeg