Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

dripster

dripster

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
What about covering the pizza top with some non-stick foil and then inverting it onto the pizza stone for a couple of minutes. Just a thought.
I wouldn't bother to be honest, chance of making a mess too great and they were delicious anyway but thanks for the suggestion.

Barbara

Barbara

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Not bought but made some useful hooks for the awning from left over kadar strip.
Magnetic mosquito/midge nets in progress - not finished yet but fitting well.

View attachment 81653

View attachment 81654
Very good screen. I assume you made the edge with magnets sewn in. Were the magnets easy to buy and where? I was thinking about making something similar for the rear side window. Thanks for sharing a good idea.

Explorer

Explorer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Very good screen. I assume you made the edge with magnets sewn in. Were the magnets easy to buy and where? I was thinking about making something similar for the rear side window. Thanks for sharing a good idea.
Yes little flat magnets the same as on our blackout curtains for those windows. Used just4magnets.
it seems to work well but probably a more experienced sewer can do a better job! I had to sew the magnets by hand because they kept sticking to the machine foot I have!
Will do some a bit more makeshift for the side door and tailgate just for summer and then spend a little more time to tidy them up and fit a zip. All in all I have spent about £55 on enough midge netting, bonding and magnets for the whole van.

johnyboy

johnyboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
That looks pretty decent. Mind if I ask where you got that from? And does it act as a reversing camera too?
Just one of the ones on amazon (or ebay), read a few reviews and the quality seems good (have had nextbase and blackvue before) https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088LSXWCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yes it can act as either a rear facing camera, a reversing camera (option to wire in to reverse light which will bring it up automatically which I have not investigated fully yet) or a cabin camera (taxis and ride shares)

Tarquers

Tarquers

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Too many! Got the "cutting board" and the "gas cooker holder" for our Beach - really good products. Must resist getting some other stuff!
I am waiting for the tailgate latch to be in stock, seems they sell out as fast as they make them.

Alan Chaplin

Alan Chaplin

Glasgow Al!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
It’s actually a vase and a spectacularly unimpressed better half !

Hi, happy to but literally just leaving for a few days in the cali. Will share a link when I get back to all the sizes, brackets etc.
Hi everyone,

As promised the shelve sizes. Basically, they are 9mm MDF painted in grey water-based undercoat. They took a morning to make, using a cross saw but if you're handy a good battery circular saw would suffice (or a good sharp hand saw) Key thing is for them to be square'ish BUT mine don't fit tightly, they sit freely on the brackets**, so you can afford for them to be hand sawn and this also allows them to be lifted out easily. If you can't guarantee cutting them fairly square, suggest you just make the 1 or 2 cm sorter in the width. (The sliding window pocket is the issue here - mine still opens and closes with the shelves in).

I wanted these to be able to be removed without any damage to the Cali for re-sale, so have used self adhesive (20 off) shelf brackets fro amazon. 4 per shelf at the corners then I've used two more support the wider shelves (middle and bottom). Finally I used one bracket per shelve (upside down) to stop the shelves tipping (see sketch).

Other considerations are : 2 or 3 ? Its personal. I like the three and can still get access to the bottom of the wordrobe for shoes etc, The top one is the more difficult (with hinge and cabling), so thats the one to leave out!

Fitting - Clearly, if the van is not level you can't use a spirit level so I just measured down from reference points and drew pencil lines. Start at the top and then use the first shelf as the reference for the second and so on. Stick the brackets along the pencil line.

** To accomodate this, I stuck rubber draught excluder to the underside to prevent movement and rattles. (Works a treat (Felt, rubber, furniture pad may do). However, the draught excluder also helps to accomodate any small variance if your brackets are not exactly level to each other !!

Brackets:

Since fitting, I've realised the internal light is blocked by the top shelf, so bought these and put one on the two lower shelves. Work a treat.

LED lights: (not in the £40 quoted)

1626857729750.png
1626857692500.png

1626857666034.png
1626857617787.png

60D6620C-CDD1-44B9-8150-40B21F0D5EF4_1_105_c.jpeg

Alan Chaplin

Alan Chaplin

Glasgow Al!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Looks great!! This is my next project so it’s great to see how you did this. Thinking about two shelves and leaving the bottom open for the shove factor :)

Currently making mosquito nets which is taking a while due to workloads elsewhere so think shelves will have to push back to end of summer.
I've replied to this. See post 4139 !

VW California Club