Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Got fed up swapping tyres twice a year so got round to a set of TwinMonotubeProjekt wheels for the winter boots.
5e531cea6a194f587a7c8390d46cba04.jpg

d996f16e76f51522edbe690cb5affb14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 103142Comfortz cali roof wrap and Comfortz awning room - bought a few weeks ago but first trip away with it this week. Makes a big difference - especially when outside temp is minus 7 (reel feel minus 9) - highly recommended.
Wow...you are hardcore....was there anyone else on site?? well done :)

Ade has just finished finished upholstering my leather seats and I have to say I couldn’t be more delighted.
The design was my own, the colour choice was an exact match for the two tone paintwork on Vinnie.
Ade’s workflow is different to everyone else’s: he takes your van for 2 weeks, removes all of the existing seat covers and deconstructs them. That allows him to get a perfect match for the new seats.
He buys the hides to order, cuts them, sews them and refits, a really skilled tradesmen.

All other companies, I have heard of, have fancy websites that give you options. The leather is then manufactured in South Asia and shipped over to be fitted. I don’t know what leather they use but I have the left overs from Ades work and it is quality.

If you want a really bespoke service then Ade at mid England Retrims is your man.
Ps. It was less expensive too.
35B86C8F-DDF8-4C78-A226-26DD69714CDC.jpegBE590326-E06D-4A5F-B146-63BA81448F97.jpeg

Ade has just finished finished upholstering my leather seats and I have to say I couldn’t be more delighted.
The design was my own, the colour choice was an exact match for the two tone paintwork on Vinnie.
Ade’s workflow is different to everyone else’s: he takes your van for 2 weeks, removes all of the existing seat covers and deconstructs them. That allows him to get a perfect match for the new seats.
He buys the hides to order, cuts them, sews them and refits, a really skilled tradesmen.

All other companies, I have heard of, have fancy websites that give you options. The leather is then manufactured in South Asia and shipped over to be fitted. I don’t know what leather they use but I have the left overs from Ades work and it is quality.

If you want a really bespoke service then Ade at mid England Retrims is your man.
View attachment 103376View attachment 103377
Wow. Stunning mate and isn’t it nice to find a tradesperson that takes pride in their work.

View attachment 103376View attachment 103377
Blooming Awesome!
Can Ade also install some additional foam for the lower back and a 1.5” seat pad ?
Not too fussed with heated seat as it travels through the pads I’m using now and toasty.
The leather looks absolutely fantastic.
Where are they based, pop contact details on here. I’ll bet he would be glad of the custom.
And PM me the cost if that’s okay, so I have a ballpark… :thumb

Blooming Awesome!
Can Ade also install some additional foam for the lower back and a 1.5” seat pad ?
Not too fussed with heated seat as it travels through the pads I’m using now and toasty.
The leather looks absolutely fantastic.
Where are they based, pop contact details on here. I’ll bet he would be glad of the custom.
And PM me the cost if that’s okay, so I have a ballpark… :thumb
As a craftsman I imagine he can do most things.
For my job he wanted to deconstruct the existing covers to make sure the match was perfect. I don’t know how he would fair adding 40mm of foam, I suspect admirably.
He fixed the broken lumbar support for free.

In terms of prices I won’t tell you how much as it’s not place to minimise his income but I will say this.

I don’t negotiate with craftsmen, they have skills I don’t, if I’m happy with their prices I pay.

Ade’s price without any negotiation was significantly lower than the firm in Colchester that also does good work, I hear.

If I had the time again I would have asked him to do the backs of the front seats to match the brandrup hangers that we have instead of just copying the existing vw pockets.

Hope that helps.

As a craftsman I imagine he can do most things.
For my job he wanted to deconstruct the existing covers to make sure the match was perfect. I don’t know how he would fair adding 40mm of foam, I suspect admirably.
He fixed the broken lumbar support for free.

In terms of prices I won’t tell you how much as it’s not place to minimise his income but I will say this.

I don’t negotiate with craftsmen, they have skills I don’t, if I’m happy with their prices I pay.

Ade’s price without any negotiation was significantly lower than the firm in Colchester that also does good work, I hear.

If I had the time again I would have asked him to do the backs of the front seats to match the brandrup hangers that we have instead of just copying the existing vw pockets.

Hope that helps.

Absolutely agree with you, if it’s quality work you don’t mind paying the price.
I also think that’s a good idea to incorporate the rear of the front seats with miltiple pockets, as I use them a lot when I want to store items.
And I have ALOT of items in the pockets ;)

Back