Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Like it.
Is there a wire into the fridge or is it bluetooth? Is it battery powered or hardwired? Where did you buy it?
Bought from Ali Express. So only 5 week wait.
I had one before and have it for the fridge and freezer in the house. (It’s got to be 5 years old and still working )
I’ve installed this in the rear cupboard and plug into the USB. Can use 4 to 28volts.
5557B059-6014-44CA-8CD3-12535052BA05.jpeg
So 12v
Two probes, one hanging out (red)
And the blue one cable tied inside the basket of fridge.
Best to have them in the air for good temperature reading.

Search Ali Express for
DC 4-28V LED Display Dual Red Blue Digital Temperature Sensor Thermometer With NTC Dual Probe Cable

76E52AE1-39E1-467F-BDF4-B82CC1D6B9C8.jpeg

Thank you @Ajspicer
The frosted glass protectors are a breeze to fit and look absolutely fantastic. :thumb

Fitted some protectors also, but this is DC Fix from B&Q - really pleased with how it’s turned out for just a few quid and half hour fitting
2D90ACF3-8BBE-4BD6-901D-4E6CDC1B8AA1.jpeg

862FEA79-D53D-4F31-8AE8-790F0A84CC31.jpeg

Winter wheels (bought from forum member), Mudflaps and all important sticker fitted - all ready for a 10 day winter trip to Scotland on my own next week, wife working and I have some AL leftover so had to be done - first camping trip too!
85C76756-09BC-4CF6-8BF3-FB0C21409DBB.jpeg

I had one before and have it for the fridge and freezer in the house. (It’s got to be 5 years old and still working )
I’ve installed this in the rear cupboard and plug into the USB. Can use 4 to 28volts.
View attachment 103487
So 12v

Search Ali Express for
DC 4-28V LED Display Dual Red Blue Digital Temperature Sensor Thermometer With NTC Dual Probe Cable
Does the fridge still seal properly with the probe cable in place?

View attachment 103487
So 12v

Search Ali Express for
Nice one. Didn’t know that this type of thermometers existed. We use this lower-tech fridge thermometer which works well too: https://amzn.eu/d/dcfYHIK

It comes with a hook that attaches to the top of the basket so we can get the temperature near the top of the basket. The difference in temperature in the different parts of the fridge is wild. There’s easily a 10° difference between the bottom of the fridge and the top of the basket. I guess there’s a reason VW calls it a cool box and not a fridge ;)

Nice one. Didn’t know that this type of thermometers existed. We use this lower-tech fridge thermometer which works well too: https://amzn.eu/d/dcfYHIK

It comes with a hook that attaches to the top of the basket so we can get the temperature near the top of the basket. The difference in temperature in the different parts of the fridge is wild. There’s easily a 10° difference between the bottom of the fridge and the top of the basket. I guess there’s a reason VW calls it a cool box and not a fridge ;)
I’ll try it at the bottom, just off the bottom and see what it is. Then I’ll do it in the middle, and get the delta.

I’ll try it at the bottom, just off the bottom and see what it is. Then I’ll do it in the middle, and get the delta.

My lock down project, god we were bored. Ha

Last edited:
Winter wheels (bought from forum member), Mudflaps and all important sticker fitted - all ready for a 10 day winter trip to Scotland on my own next week, wife working and I have some AL leftover so had to be done - first camping trip too!
View attachment 103576
Like the sticker position...Ive been looking at the best position for mine..is that on the outside or inside of the window?..did you consider any other position?

Like the sticker position...Ive been looking at the best position for mine..is that on the outside or inside of the window?..did you consider any other position?
I researched on here and came across a few ideas of where to put it, but liked this the best - I think it looks great just above the Ocean graphic. It was a pain to fit though - I’ve had the sticker for ages (over 2 years) so the backing paper didn’t come away very easily. I had to be really careful. It’s on the outside.

47818D03-1E3C-4047-AE7C-D3CAC5C46FCA.jpeg

I researched on here and came across a few ideas of where to put it, but liked this the best - I think it looks great just above the Ocean graphic. It was a pain to fit though - I’ve had the sticker for ages (over 2 years) so the backing paper didn’t come away very easily. I had to be really careful. It’s on the outside.

View attachment 103577
Looks spot on...Thanks for clarifying..Ive been pondering on the rear window but just wasnt convinced...now you have sold it , thanks :)

Looks spot on...Thanks for clarifying..Ive been pondering on the rear window but just wasnt convinced...now you have sold it , thanks :)
Still waiting for mine from @Kev

View attachment 103576
Ours is in same position

Just waiting for our hook up tidy reel ( Streetwize from forum shop) to arrive. Fed up winding it round my arm and then struggling to get it off …lol

That’s where most of us seem to put the stickers. They are on the outside. No way of putting them on the inside on the nearside of the van due to the wardrobe.

40957387-1E57-4DEB-917A-52313B98E4BA.jpeg

View attachment 103577
And @OxonCalifornia: same position here but other side.
Had the sticker from a Calis on the Farm meet (COTF), so you can guess how long I’ve had it ;)7AFE307F-0ED2-4F6A-A7C0-3A134B6E8107.jpeg

Last edited:
But do you need one of them to be a reverse direction sticker so they are both pointing in the same direction? Could your OCD handle one sticker pointing forwards and the other backwards???
Haha. Yes, have coped with them being in different directions because that matches my Aracaju alloy wheels :)

Mind you, if the club shop did left and right hand versions I might be tempted to update them.

Haha. Yes, have coped with them being in different directions because that matches my Aracaju alloy wheels :)

Mind you, if the club shop did left and right hand versions I might be tempted to update them.
My Aracaju wheels frustrate me!!!

My Aracaju wheels frustrate me!!!
I try not to look at my wheels for symmetry.
I have OCD also.
I bought the prancing moose stickers for the Saab and they are both facing forewords so don’t affect me ha ha !

Back