Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
After the excitement of buying a windscreen gap rubber seal a few weeks ago, I thought I would extend the fun. Our 20 year old Trangia aluminium kettle was starting to degrade so a new MSR kettle. When the fun stops, stop!

PXL_20220108_124504335.PORTRAIT.jpg

Photo Nan

Photo Nan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 102
We had decals put on the rear panel windows each side and one on the tailgate 10 inch in size. My hubby is a very keen cyclist I join him on my electric Ribble Endurance in warm weather . I will take some pictures in the morning. We have the same design on the rug inside the van.

BA8F1883-7482-40D8-B68D-06189D7BBBA1.png

611DF781-F671-4620-862E-977CA074D6E5.jpeg

Last edited:
kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
After the excitement of buying a windscreen gap rubber seal a few weeks ago, I thought I would extend the fun. Our 20 year old Trangia aluminium kettle was starting to degrade so a new MSR kettle. When the fun stops, stop!

View attachment 88141
Would have loved if that MSR had a metal lid. That plastic one makes it look out of place?

an excellent piece of kit though.

wilburthewombat

wilburthewombat

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Talking of windscrenn rubber gap seal thingies, I ordered one from Vanstyle after a near miss with a parking ticket. I've tried fitting it to my T6.1 but it is too long by a couple of inches. I didn't get any fitting instructions with it. Can anyone who has fitted one to a T6.1 let me know if they had the same problem, please. I don't want to start cutting it to size in error.
Thanks!

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Talking of windscrenn rubber gap seal thingies, I ordered one from Vanstyle after a near miss with a parking ticket. I've tried fitting it to my T6.1 but it is too long by a couple of inches. I didn't get any fitting instructions with it. Can anyone who has fitted one to a T6.1 let me know if they had the same problem, please. I don't want to start cutting it to size in error.
Thanks!
Requires cutting to size , (stanley knife)

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Thanks!
You have to cut it to fit.

Cut it on a kitchen cutting board or similar with a sharp knife.

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Not in the same league I guess this is steel and the MSR titanium? :wicked:
The GSI is virtually identical in size to the MSR. Our new MSR kettle for the van is hard anodised aluminium.

If you "want/need" the MSR titanium kettle, which I have had for nearly 20 years for walking, then you need to raid the piggy bank! £60!!!

bob_summers

bob_summers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Perhaps not sensible to be shopping for kettles with the new van still 4mths away at least. I currently use a very battered alu Trangia kettle but despite being full of memories (can a kettle do that? lol) I think a new van deserves a new one.

Really like these but at 24cm dia. they're probably too big and a pain to store.

gsi-tea-kettle-green-1.jpg

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Perhaps not sensible to be shopping for kettles with the new van still 4mths away at least. I currently use a very battered alu Trangia kettle but despite being full of memories (can a kettle do that? lol) I think a new van deserves a new one.

Really like these but at 24cm dia. they're probably too big and a pain to store.

View attachment 88259
That is enormous! We need a separate kettle thread! :thumb

bob_summers

bob_summers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
2.4L might come in handy for the endless hot water bottles and cups of tea when doing winter trips!

McGoogly

McGoogly

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Toasty, double width, down duvet for the downstairs bed that packs away to nothing. (Loose stuff sack in photo, rather than the compressed size).

View attachment 87962
Have you had the chance to try the quilt yet? I’m interested to know if it as warm as you would have hoped/ex-extend for the price?

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Have you had the chance to try the quilt yet? I’m interested to know if it as warm as you would have hoped/ex-extend for the price?
Unfortunately not yet. It says minus 6, but when you read the label that is very much the lowest temperature. I think it will be fine downstairs but perhaps not in the draughty upstairs. Hopefully try it out February half-term.

VW California Club