Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Brandrup IV ISO Topper
Wardrobe door shelf
Brandrup camping plate holder
Rafter pro
Yellow Fiamma tie down kit

New Comfortz awning sides. Very impressed with the quality. Arrived in NZ within 10 days. Think they will be great using individually (ie just put one side up etc) as a wind break as well.... will really come in handy for multiple day stays. I have yet to work out the best way of pegging the sides down. Be good if Comfortz if they are listening can update their video with the 2018 version. I do love the overall package and fact that they fit in with the chairs in the tailgate ...20190124_103712.jpg

20190124_100815.jpg

View attachment 40950

20190124_100446.jpg

Awning sides.jpg

Last edited:
Today I've ordered (From the VWCOC shop with my 5% discount);

• Spare Safe
  • Mattress protectors (upper & beach lower)
  • Thule hold down kit for roll out awning
  • 3 way hook up splitter & UK hook up adaptor
and.....
  • VW T6 BULLI Badges :thumb.....
and I don't even get the Bus until 1st March :happy

Small flip top waste bin. Only £2.69 from Home Bargains in the UK. Got it in store (looked on their website, but not there). Perfect for the side of the kitchen cupboards, with the passenger seat forward a little.

33FB9C2E-02E3-4B10-822F-A3C481A93F59.jpeg

FA95A068-BE99-4CC0-83B7-2A0B6F1330D8.jpeg

Small flip top waste bin. Only £2.69 from Home Bargains in the UK. Got it in store (looked on their website, but not there). Perfect for the side of the kitchen cupboards, with the passenger seat forward a little.

View attachment 41079

View attachment 41080
With the seat further back it holds the bin in position and stops the lid flipping, natural locking system = added bonus.:thumb

Some Welsh Cushions, a green mat (jury's still out on this) and a throw to make it less van like, more home from home like, (i dont have a green rug in my home thouh) :)
20190131_111440.jpg

View attachment 41079

View attachment 41080
I was in B&M (UK) today and saw the same bin for £3. They have it in black, grey and cream.

a little usb lightchain for inside, replaced my solar ones.
af0ea4ae35ac9c2a536b2b4f8e5a4e71.jpg

Last edited:
I removed mine and sprayed it with some black paint
for plastic.
Was the sliding plastic blind easy to remove? I see the 2019 Cali comes with a new version complete with small storage bins, might be up for doing a swap if it is easy.

Thule side panels - now looking for a good front solution. Still unsure if we (ever) need this panels. Report to follow.

Bought a Boot tidier today, bargain from Lidl :thumb very handy

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-249 ... 18360&ar=6

Also a Mudder CO detector from Amazon.
We are about to buy our first Cali and need advice as to pros and cons of tailgate or towball bike carrier. My back is not too good so tempted to go for the towball but wonder how secure they are? How much extra length does the tailgate version add when in use? Any other guidance welcome
Mollie

We are about to buy our first Cali and need advice as to pros and cons of tailgate or towball bike carrier. My back is not too good so tempted to go for the towball but wonder how secure they are? How much extra length does the tailgate version add when in use? Any other guidance welcome
Mollie

I have towball one and its solid no problem. If you go this route make sure its one that tilts enough to open the tailgate. Some tilt but not far enough. .

In use they both stick out about the same amount.

The tailgate version has the advantage that its always in place for impromptu use. Also keep in mind the tailgate cant be lifted with bikes on it

Mollie
If you’ve got a tow ball already then go for that type. They are very secure.

This one in the club shop holds 60kg (enough for two e-bikes) and allows the tailgate to open. It also folds up small enough to store in the boot when not in use.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/pro-user-diamant-sg2-tow-bar-bike-carrier-vw-t5-t6

If you haven’t got a tow bar then you are either going to have to buy the tailgate mounted one, or budget about £600 for a tow bar.

Back