Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

If you’ve got a tow ball already then go for that type. They are very secure.

This one in the club shop holds 60kg (enough for two e-bikes) and allows the tailgate to open. It also folds up small enough to store in the boot when not in use.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/pro-user-diamant-sg2-tow-bar-bike-carrier-vw-t5-t6

If you haven’t got a tow bar then you are either going to have to buy the tailgate mounted one, or budget about £600 for a tow bar.

Thanks for all suggestions. On balance looks like the tailgate option is best for convenience when not in use
Mollie

Tired of the flimsy MSR pans so I ordered a set of Primus campfire large.
https://www.primus.eu/campfire/
7330033903942_SS17_a_campfire_cookset_ss_large_primus_22.jpg

If you’ve got a tow ball already then go for that type. They are very secure.

This one in the club shop holds 60kg (enough for two e-bikes) and allows the tailgate to open. It also folds up small enough to store in the boot when not in use.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/pro-user-diamant-sg2-tow-bar-bike-carrier-vw-t5-t6

If you haven’t got a tow bar then you are either going to have to buy the tailgate mounted one, or budget about £600 for a tow bar.

Personally i would look at this rack.
Why limit the rack to just 2 bikes. When the Atera has 3/4 slot options for the same money

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/r...ghts_no_ar2603/Qx@w,6M42VAwp3@Rb{~cC4ure5K{W}

We are about to buy our first Cali and need advice as to pros and cons of tailgate or towball bike carrier. My back is not too good so tempted to go for the towball but wonder how secure they are? How much extra length does the tailgate version add when in use? Any other guidance welcome
Mollie

Personally I would go for the towball carrier. I do not know how heavy your bikes are however it is easier to lift them up on the Thule/Atera ones.
And do not forget: Tailgate is good because it is always there (no need of an extra storage place) downside is when your bikes are loaded you hit the 2.1 m mark (I assume only if you got foldable bike it doesn‘t).

All the other points were already mentioned.

Neat little removable self contained kitchen unit for my Beach. Single hob and sink unit

Height is 600mm
Width is 570mm on the base
Depth is 450mm
Weight is approx 11kg with no water or gas in it.

It wont be for everyone but it suits my requirement perfectly. Ordered it on Monday afternoon and it arrived on a pallet for 08:00 this morning. I'll get it fixed in for my run down to Stonehenge tomorrow night.

unit-jpg.41428

Neat little removable self contained kitchen unit for my Beach. Single hob and sink unit

Height is 600mm
Width is 570mm on the base
Depth is 450mm
Weight is approx 11kg with no water or gas in it.

It wont be for everyone but it suits my requirement perfectly. Ordered it on Monday afternoon and it arrived on a pallet for 08:00 this morning. I'll get it fixed in for my run down to Stonehenge tomorrow night.

unit-jpg.41428
That looks great, Simon. Neat little unit.

Siberian goose down duvets: 1 x 3.5 tog, 1 x 7 tog. Can be bolted together to make a single 10.5 tog duvet.

The 3.5 tog can be folded longways and left in the roof cavity.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Siberian goose down duvets: 1 x 3.5 tog, 1 x 7 tog. Can be bolted together to make a single 10.5 tog duvet.

The 3.5 tog can be folded longways and left in the roof cavity.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I have a goose down duvet and it is amazing. Keeps you warm in the winter, cool in the summer, light as a feather and squashes down well. Have a new one at home and the old one is in the van.

Sparesafe
Hook up cable
Euro hook-up adapter

all from the shop (just received my VWCC sticker too!!)

Ukatex seat covers...hope the colour matches ok

Due to collect the van 2nd March :bananadance2:upsidedown

Finally fitted the table cover i bought, that took forever to be sent, think it looks good. Not a bad colour complement to our blue beach.
Brightens the inside a little too.

View attachment 40691
Sorry if I missed this previously but where did you get the table cover please?

I have a goose down duvet and it is amazing. Keeps you warm in the winter, cool in the summer, light as a feather and squashes down well. Have a new one at home and the old one is in the van.
Approximately a third of your life is spent under a duvet. It is worth getting a good one.

We took two away with us on our European tour. The boys managed to destroy one by pushing it up against a gas fire when we stayed in a Sicilian farmhouse - fortunately the down is clearly well treated with a fire retardant but it was a scare. These new ones are replacements, so we now have three: two 3.5 tog and a 7 tog. It gives us a multitude of options for home and van, but one 3.5 tog will remain in the roof cavity. Unfortunately, due to the buttons and button holes, we cannot combine the two 3.5 tog duvets so we have two 7 tog duvets so the choices are two 3.5 and a 7 or a 3.5 and a 10.5.

I bought my first Cali asset! And my Cali is still years away i am afraid. :)

A bivvy light NGT. Has a magnet in it so i can place it anywhere i like. 4 settings, remote control.

More for nightfishing now, but seems very handy to have on board in the future.

Back