Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Back from (169k km) service (incl oil) and ready for MOT/MFK, changed starter battery, checked my CO2 sticker (every 3 years), some filters and clima service and in the end a bill around CHF 1700.-. Took them 1 day, I was well informed about the costs and what they do and recommend to do or what we could leave (the battery) away. Great personal service

@Seaview When the tank is full water will start coming out of the cap through an overflow" valve". Works well.

Yep with the 30mm Sportline springs. What a difference. As soon as I drove away from SMG it was noticeable and I thought it rode better.

For the benefit of those who are thinking about lowering.

Original dimensions from centre of wheel to arch was 455mm front / 420mm rear. With the 30mm lowering springs the dimensions are now 415mm front / 400mm rear. (So 40mm lower on the front hence the more planted feel on the road).

Has it improved cornering / roll and has it made it firmer / crashy? Had you looked into uprating the anti-roll bars? Thanks

Has it improved cornering / roll and has it made it firmer / crashy? Had you looked into uprating the anti-roll bars? Thanks
I have had standard vans but the last three Calis have all been lowered on -30mm VW springs and can say its an improvement, not crashy but firmer and more planted. It also looks better IMO especially loaded ready for the holidays. I don't think the anti roll bars need changing but that's my opinion, others may differ and that's great. Plus its my birthday so feeling chilled.

Mines a T5 and I thought the HD roll bars was an upgrade option as part of the old travel pack which my vehicle has.

The improvement is instantly noticeable. Wife thinks the ride is better even as a passenger. It's driving it that you notice the difference. Hard to explain without being overly critical on the OEM setup. The question that needs to be asked is why this is not the default option from VW. 100% recommended.

After reading about all the instances of locking your self out of your Cali when on site by locking via drivers door and exit via the sliding door - I bought a magnetic key holder (actually managed to get one from key shop in Saffron Walden but same as in picture)

400DC6FE-B517-4984-8263-EB477909AEC1.png

Cadac Safari and couple of umbrella folding chairs (ones supplied with van not quite comfortable enough for a chill out session).

Back