Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

View attachment 28400View attachment 28401 Not exactly original as has been flagged up before, but never miss a band wagon!
Perfect fit.
Yep, perfect fit (you can’t stick another on it though because of the handbrake shape). I stuck a piece of carpet on the top of ours as the dog occupies the left front (in UK passenger) seat - he’s only small and likes his own space, but found the box lid too slippy for a step.
57E9ECE8-89FD-459E-BB16-93EEDBAB059E.jpeg

USB toothbrush charger.
8372b84ec20df22acaeca2c6e0fb4d7e.jpg
We use a lecci toothbrush at home, but cleaning our teeth manually has always been one of our camping rituals. It just wouldn’t be the same o_O.

Today I bought her the wrong Valentine present. I wanted to surprise her with a set of comfortable Queshua relax chairs. Since I read somewhere that the tailgate storage pocket is 84x62x12, and the Queshua's were 86cm high, I thought by chopping off 2cm from the armrest I found the 'Columbus egg'. I already removed the Polystyrene fitting... to find out the chair still stuck out by 20cm due to a metal element at the back of the pocket which made it just too narrow. I thought it was wiser to stop my adventure right here (did not want to cut the legs of the chairs like mentioned on the caliboard.de).... After some stressy moments I managed to replace the fitting, and returned the chairs....fwww.
To make it up I ordered her a chique Brandrup Mosquito screen for the sliding door. ;-)
Don’t know about the van but I’d be well happy with those pressies. Love anything functional!

Made a storage space to pop on the ladder. Will find out how it realistically gets used on our adventure next week!D8F3167B-0D1C-4D1C-8B38-C3761210B672.jpeg

Made a storage space to pop on the ladder. Will find out how it realistically gets used on our adventure next week!View attachment 44245
Very nice modification, PudnBob. All that redundant space now usable. Love it.

I’m thinking a great place for books. Do you guys know what you’ll use that space for yet?

You’ve also solved another problem. I wonder if you designed it in or if it’s just a happy bonus. If I go down for the loo on a cold night my feet get really cold on the bare rungs, when I get back into bed they take ages to warm up!

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Mats, carpet, bungee, screen cover and chocks. New van somewhere between Grimsby and Preston.

10l Ortlieb foldup bowl arrived today.

I already have the 20l bowl/bag which is great for loads of things, especially doing the pots and soaking my Cobb grill/oven.

They’re really robust, but flexible and fold up to next to nothing, so take up little space. I’ll keep them in the under bench drawer.

3197A89D-50E9-460E-B4D7-CD54D72E28D7.jpeg

3606133A-07A2-46C4-AC54-311E671C021E.jpeg

Lakeland cool/insulating bag. https://www.lakeland.co.uk/61574/Su...MIsqeYgvv14QIVTLvtCh1wHAsdEAQYBiABEgLn5_D_BwE

What I like most about it is the sturdy bottom (ooh-er Mrs). It also has carrying handles and an adjustable shoulder strap. Very well made, from quality materials.

A good size cool bag for a picnic BUT brilliant as a thermal heat retaining bag for a Mr D’s thermal cook pot. A little space for extra insulation + some plates, knives, forks, tea towels, etc.

Folds quite small and easily stows.

EF906738-420D-4E4A-BB33-E73F39AFBD2B.jpeg

Very nice modification, PudnBob. All that redundant space now usable. Love it.

I’m thinking a great place for books. Do you guys know what you’ll use that space for yet?

You’ve also solved another problem. I wonder if you designed it in or if it’s just a happy bonus. If I go down for the loo on a cold night my feet get really cold on the bare rungs, when I get back into bed they take ages to warm up!

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Ellie, the cold feet conundrum is what started it all off!
I m not sure yet what will find its home there. I’m a tidy person and my husband less so, so it may become a compromise space where I put his clutter!

What model fitted your Cali key, Gillian C?
A few months on, is it still in good shape?

Today I bought a cobb cooker/oven to use when we go touring. Tried it in the garden cooked a cicken and veg great bit of kit.
If you do Facebook there are some good Cobb groups: “Cobb BBQ UK” and “I love my Cobb” for starters.

I hope it doesn't explode with all the shaking and take the lid off the fridge!
I'd hope not it's rated at well over 100psi and they have a pressure release valve too. Taking her on my scotland trip can't wait to fill her up.

What model fitted your Cali key, Gillian C?
A few months on, is it still in good shape?
Just ordered one. My problem is we have the same type key for for our vw polo. I’m always unlocking the wrong one and now have to check both are locked. At the gym the other week I safe-locked my hubby in the van when I turned up in the car and thought I was locking that. He didn’t realise that you can’t get out the van without a key, so it was a good learning curve!

What happend?!
Stone causes a small crack in bottom right hand corner (as looking from the drivers seat). Quickly became a 16” crack going from that corner up and across towards the centre of the vehicle.

Went through the insurance, so £140 to me. Having had trouble before with them bringkng the wrong screen (different vehicle) wasn’t too confident they’d get it right first time. Fair dues though, they did and did a great job. All good for France trip now!!

IMG_20190413_155204.jpg

IMG_20190413_155209.jpg

A new right front fog light. Not original though.

Bought cadac LP safari chef off eBay with pizza stone and paella dish included.
Also got a 12v bug zapper off eBay for Scottish midges when we do west coast in June. :thumb

Back