Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Very nice modification, PudnBob. All that redundant space now usable. Love it.

I’m thinking a great place for books. Do you guys know what you’ll use that space for yet?

You’ve also solved another problem. I wonder if you designed it in or if it’s just a happy bonus. If I go down for the loo on a cold night my feet get really cold on the bare rungs, when I get back into bed they take ages to warm up!

Thanks for sharing.
Update. Ladder storage in use.
1. Warm feet at night
2. Stores current books, planning maps for the cycle rides, and jumpers for the evening. At night can hold slip on shoes for aA45C3EE7-7C25-4B17-9E0C-CECAE56912F1.jpeg nip out!

I love the Safari Chef- great bit of kit. The challenge for you now is to cook your first pizza without burning the base and properly cooking the toppings. It took me about five attempts before getting it right.
Hi @Amarillo Tom
I hope to do a mini Scottish tour posting on the forum in homage to your mega trip around Europe - so I’ll let you know re Pizza :thumb

Gvick - any news on your order? I think you were around the same time as me, Feb 26th? I've just learned ours has landed in UK...

Gvick - any news on your order? I think you were around the same time as me, Feb 26th? I've just learned ours has landed in UK...
Hi @MartG had a call from dealer this afternoon. Mines still code 20 in build.
Dealer hopes that build will be finished this week or latest next week (I did order 4motion and a lot of extras but build started 8/4 so it’s taking ages.
Next code should be 36 built then 38 in transit.

Glad you’ve got yours in uk do post pictures and let me know how it takes to get to dealers? Ordered mine 25th so it seems to be taking forever.......

Next I need some dog proof seat covers :thumb

I love the Safari Chef- great bit of kit. The challenge for you now is to cook your first pizza without burning the base and properly cooking the toppings. It took me about five attempts before getting it right.
Er... and it is a great bit of kit?? Doesn't do what it says on the wrapper? How do you deal with the family rebellions at meal times?

Er... and it is a great bit of kit?? Doesn't do what it says on the wrapper? How do you deal with the family rebellions at meal times?
The issue is not one of it not doing what it says on the wrapper. The issue was discarding the wrapper and the instruction manual within the wrapper.

Yes,
The issue is not one of it not doing what it says on the wrapper. The issue was discarding the wrapper and the instruction manual within the wrapper.
if all else fails.... but if you’ve chucked the instructions it can be difficult!

This is a VERY big outlay but hoping that there will be some repay in lower camp site fees over the years and it will also give us greater flexibility of where to camp. For those who are interested, this is the solar setup that charges both leisure and engine batteries with 240watts of power if the sun looks down favourably!

Order summary
ItemQuantityTotal
VW California (T5 & T6) Solar Panel Kit
SE or Beach : California SE/Ocean (full conversion with cupboards)
Panel cable type : Curly self retracting cable
Charger Type : I am ordering the 240W Dual Panel Kit Below
240W Dual Panel Upgrade : Dual Panels with Western Co WRM15 Leisure & Starter battery regulator with Bluetooth
Unit Price £967.00
SKU Calikit
1£967.00
Subtotal£967.00
Free shipping£0.00
Coupon (alton052019)£-48.35
Total£918.65
For any queries and details please get in touch with us. We will be glad to be of service. You can also view the order details by visiting https://www.solarcampersolutions.co.uk/index.php/component/j2store/myprofile

This is a VERY big outlay but hoping that there will be some repay in lower camp site fees over the years and it will also give us greater flexibility of where to camp. For those who are interested, this is the solar setup that charges both leisure and engine batteries with 240watts of power if the sun looks down favourably!

Order summary
ItemQuantityTotal
VW California (T5 & T6) Solar Panel Kit
SE or Beach : California SE/Ocean (full conversion with cupboards)
Panel cable type : Curly self retracting cable
Charger Type : I am ordering the 240W Dual Panel Kit Below
240W Dual Panel Upgrade : Dual Panels with Western Co WRM15 Leisure & Starter battery regulator with Bluetooth
Unit Price £967.00
SKU Calikit
1£967.00
Subtotal£967.00
Free shipping£0.00
Coupon (alton052019)£-48.35
Total£918.65
For any queries and details please get in touch with us. We will be glad to be of service. You can also view the order details by visiting https://www.solarcampersolutions.co.uk/index.php/component/j2store/myprofile

I've got similar

(only difference is I've got the MPPT 20/100 controller that just charges the leisure battery)

very happy with this set up although the test will be winter in Scotland

I bet you can download a manual from t’interweb. Try their website.

Also, I’m sure they’ll be some Facebook groups for Cadac users.

I even watched the video - and still got it wrong.

Solved in this thread.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cadac-pizza-help.19189/

Re-reading the thread, it seems that the pizza stone doesn't come with instructions.
Ah, got it.

A pizza stone needs to be hot before you put the food on it. That means you can’t make the pizza on the stone. Use a paddle or the base of a baking tray sprinkled liberally with flour or semolina (more rolly) and transfer the pizza to the stone.

If you’re getting burnt bases put a couple of layers of baking parchment between pizza and stone.

Also don’t top load your pizza. Look at traditional/original Italian pizzas. They don’t have much topping. It’s quality, not quantity. I have a friend who teaches Italian cookery. She tells me that pizza is peasant food and despairs at lavish top loading :eek:

If you’re getting burnt bases put a couple of layers of baking parchment between pizza and stone.
That was not the solution to my burnt bases problem.

The solution was to put the pizza stone inside the flat pan, and the flat pan inside the fat pan.

The illustration on the left hand side of page 3 of the instruction manual is highly misleading.
And is what I had been doing.

The "pizza baking" instruction at the bottom of page 5 is very wrong, and Cadac owe me for four burnt pizzas for this scandalous incompetence by the instruction writer.

EDIT - correct link for the user manual

Last edited:
That was not the solution to my burnt bases problem.

The solution was to put the pizza stone inside the flat pan, and the flat pan inside the fat pan.

The illustration on the left hand side of page 3 of the instruction manual is highly misleading.
file:///C:/Users/TomC/Downloads/Safari%20Chef%202%20-%20HP.pdf
And is what I had been doing.

The "pizza baking" instruction at the bottom of page 4 is very wrong, and Cadac owe me for four burnt pizzas for this scandalous incompetence by the instruction writer.
Oh my, WG, that’s a lot of pans.

Big investment today. Extends like an old car aerial to about 2 foot. From Home Bargains who also had nice 'vw Splitty' design mugs for £1.50. The type you spend £8 on at a festival. IMG_20190510_173804.jpg

A knife sharpening stone from a wonderful market today.
My fav one at home takes up too much room cost 6 euro 2EDE4073-78BE-46DA-8668-8A636BB7F052.jpeg

Not bought but downloaded - free knitting pattern for these critters.

Thought they would be great hanging down at the back door (from the back of the top speaker cupboard). To store beanie hats, earmuffs & gloves in winter and other handy, small, “don’t forget this before you go out stuff” in summer.

Awesome bike rack tried and tested!
20190510_163033.jpg20190510_163138.jpg

Nice bike rack, I have one of them, one word of advice, make sure the green safety button, relating to the pull out function, protrudes well above the surrounding plastic housing, the mechanism on my mine sticks occasionally and requires a tweak of the latch mechanism to make it pop right up (approx 1 cm higher than the trim surround) If using it with 4 bikes I use an additional safety measure by the way of a nylon strap attached the one of the bikes ( furthest away from van) this gets wrapped around the hatch hinge.
EF58C751-2762-4509-9C6A-286E7D8A5D30.jpeg4D6F0615-9608-4C96-B3C8-8957C497DEE2.jpeg

Just ordered one. My problem is we have the same type key for for our vw polo. I’m always unlocking the wrong one and now have to check both are locked. At the gym the other week I safe-locked my hubby in the van when I turned up in the car and thought I was locking that. He didn’t realise that you can’t get out the van without a key, so it was a good learning curve!
Got a bright yellow one. They’re brilliant. Ordering one for hubby now.

Back