Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I will post some pics when it arrives, have a look at camper solar solutions website.
What will dispaly on Camper Unit ? - the plug as after connecting to 230V on camping site

image.jpg

We invested (I say invested as they weren't cheap!) in two sets of Sunnersta shelving adapters and a Pop top table. Only the metal brackets were bought from Germany, the rest was from the local IKEA. Really pleased and they dont rattle about when driving.View attachment 55849
Looks good, we are in desperate need of a shelf

Eriiba well if that floats your boat, congratulations I hope you really enjoy it and pics would be nice
It’s been a big decision as never fancied towing anything. But with 4 dogs and lots of agility comps coming up, I need more space. Cali on it’s own was perfect with 2 dogs, but I’ve barely camped the last 3 years and am missing it so much... I’d not heard of Eriba’s until a few months ago on here. And it ticks all the boxes.
I promise lots of photo’s in due course...

Looks good, we are in desperate need of a shelf
2 rails fit really well along the entire length of the worktop, so you can put more than one SUNNERSTA shelves on there, hooks or the pots. It even makes a good tea towel rail. When everything is off the rails they are quite discreet in the cab too!!!

I hope your gearbox and cranckshaft will cope with the extra undamped forces from gear changes.
DMF is fitted because of lighter material in gearbox.
If you change gears sporty, it might lower the lifespan of the gearbox.
I had my Golf 4 converted into a solid flywheel, and in gear changes I really felt the shocks. Sold it later on for my California.
I will never change the DMF to a solid one. Yes the price will be the same of the complete solid kit, but I won't sacrifice gear change comfort and lifespan of the gearbox.
No issues yet at 145000 km (90000mi).

Let us know how it feels while driving.

“Let us know how it feels while driving.”

Not much difference but overall I would say an improvement, clutch pedal feel is much better and better smother engagement.

As the T4 Tdi has max torque at a higher rev than later PD or common rail engines I can’t find much difference, at lower revs off boost yes there’s a difference with a slightly bigger thump on power stroke, where the engine spends most of its life, with about 30% in the Alps, Dolomites etc where it is working hard.

I’ll follow up when we’ve put a few Kms on it

Great to hear everything seems to be working good for you!

I was going to make a seat cover for the front passenger seat for when we’re camped. It stays facing forward, pushed right forward for the dog to sleep at night and have quiet time in the day if he wants. Then I saw these in Aldi for £6.99.

Fitted okay as they were, but opened the side seams about 5cm and sewed on bias tape to stop it unravelling. Now it fits better and will protect the seat with the dog’s bedding on top. They also do a back seat set.

I was going to make a seat cover for the front passenger seat for when we’re camped. It stays facing forward, pushed right forward for the dog to sleep at night and have quiet time in the day if he wants. Then I saw these in Aldi for £6.99.

Fitted okay as they were, but opened the side seams about 5cm and sewed on bias tape to stop it unravelling. Now it fits better (pulls down past the arm rests by the 5cm) and will protect the seat with the dog’s bedding on top. They also do a back seat set.

Not going to use them whilst driving because of the air bags.
Will also protect the back of the passenger seat getting splashed from the “kitchen” area.

I have purchased a Cadac Safari Chef 2 Pro. Used it outside for the first time yesterday and love it! Such a good buy!

And after lurking on here for six months, doing hours of research, and going back and forth, I’ve finally taken the plunge and bought a Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe SIM. Plus two Sea to Summit Tek towels, extra large.

We’ve had our camper van since September and are finally starting to figure out the ropes of storage and comfort. Just got to figure out boxes for the boot next!

5311567B-F1AB-4DD6-9C62-50F80DBDA4F8.jpeg

Some carpets/mats. From Dunelm. Cut it to size to fit the habitation area. The extra will be cut to fit in between the front seats.
2b5b246070f7ceb56c7298eb77cd0755.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Some carpets/mats. From Dunelm. Cut it to size to fit the habitation area. The extra will be cut to fit in between the front seats.

I have the same but with a yellow tint, there was just enough left over to make 3 step mats.

I have purchased a Cadac Safari Chef 2 Pro. Used it outside for the first time yesterday and love it! Such a good buy!

And after lurking on here for six months, doing hours of research, and going back and forth, I’ve finally taken the plunge and bought a Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe SIM. Plus two Sea to Summit Tek towels, extra large.

We’ve had our camper van since September and are finally starting to figure out the ropes of storage and comfort. Just got to figure out boxes for the boot next!

View attachment 56064
just bought one really looking forward to cooking on it. With regards to storage I went down. the ikea route. The skubb storage has been cheap/ fitted well and surprisingly are intact after the first year of camping.

Same as mine. I used 2 and fitted them. Only need to move one to set the bed up.

Back